Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
FMC vectors (Read 3513 times)
Marcusmmc

FMC vectors
May 25th, 2010 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
I have searched these forums as long as I can stand. I've looked in all of the manuals. My plane is about 100 miles over the ocean and I can't get the FMC to tell the autopilot not to accept "vectors" as the first waypoint anymore. My flight plan is as follows. KLAX VTU5.RZS J501 BSR BSR2 KSFO  When you load that flight plan, "vectors is the first waypoint followed by the VTU VOR. How do I get my FMC to proceed to VTU? It works the same if ATC tells you to proceed direct to a particular waypoint on your flight plan. How do you get the FMC to advance to the next point, or skip a waypoint?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: FMC stuck
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2010 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Hi marcusmmc.

I get that same issue on my most of flights from YMML to YSSY for my approaches. I honestly can't remember NOT having a "vectors" waypoint in any approach so far!

So...When I have a plan that requires "vectors" before the approach, such as in the one above, I manually dial in a heading towards the next waypoint AFTER I have gone a reasonable distance beyond that next waypoint because quite often they have been 180o turns! Another way is to select the next waypoint (Left LSK2) on the LEGS page and then click on the Left LSK 1 to place that waypoint as the next one to go to. You will need to press the LNAV button again on the Autopilot, the VNAV button too, if I remember correctly, so that it will turn towards the new next waypoint you just changed.

From my understanding, and I could be wrong, "Vectors" means that the ATC will guide you to intercept a path to your next waypoint. We all know that the default FSX ATC is lacking a lot. That is why I mostly fly VFR!

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Marcusmmc

Re: FMC vectors
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2010 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Thank you. I will give it a try. I usually fly on VATSIM so I often do get vectors or told to proceed direct to my first waypoint after the filed departure. I'll give it a go and report back my findings.

IP Logged

aceridgey

Re: FMC vectors
Reply #3 - May 28th, 2010 at 9:31am
Print Post  

vectors as markos said, is ATC vectoring,

i cant belive any still uses default microsoft when there are online networks such as IVAO.. honestly your flight simulation experience will never be the same again when u have tasted online flying..

USA is notorious for having STARs that end up not that close to the arrival aerodrome, the americans love vectoring, but in the UK for example u can program a STAR and TRANS that gets u bang on the loc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top