Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Gauges+ HUD not working on Windows 7 (Read 5138 times)
USMCgetsome

Gauges+ HUD not working on Windows 7
May 2nd, 2010 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Hi all,
ever since i have swithced to windows 7 64bit, none of the gauges or HUD in the FA-18 work any more, and they don't work on the default FA-18A from Acceleration either. I tried installing an updated HUD off the internet, and that fixed the hud, but made it so that the landing gear didnt show up on the aircraft's external model. I'm really confused right now, cause i didnt have any of these problems on XP, does anyone have any sort of advice or suggestions. To clarify, I ran a sync program when i got my new system, and essentially copied FSX and all my installed goodies over from my XP to 7, and also the first time i attempted to fly the FA-18 on 7 after the sync a message asking me to authorize a gauge file appeared and i pressed allow. Again I am in serious need of help here cause I have tried for hours to fix it with no luck.

Thanks

-Semper Fi

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Re: Gauges+ HUD not working on Windows 7
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2010 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
The problems seems to be with the copying of Acceleration to the new HD. I'm no tech guy, so I'm not sure, but did your sync program also copy the related registry entries? they often control piracy protection and the likes. Do you have other problems running acceleration or FSX?
My best advice is just start with a clean install. I did that when I transitioned from Vista to W7, and I had no problems whatsoever. It takes a lot of time, I know, but if you run a trouble free FSX, it was time well worth spending.
What you can try first, is insert the Acceleration DVD, and see if the 'repair' option works. If it does, try that. If not, I'd say clean install...

About the custom HUD, I installed one too (I think it'll be the same lol)
and had the same problem. This is caused by a CS gauge running in the background, doing the piracy checks. If you don't run it, the protection will activate, and your aircraft will be unusable.

To solve it, pay attention when you install the new HUD. there is a line in the original panel.cfg that's not there in the acceleration hornet panel.cfg (actually, several) those lines should be kept, or you will loose functionality, like animations panel and weapons panel, and of course the piracy protection kicking in.

If you solve your acceleration issues, and still need help getting the HUD to work, post here, and I'll see what I can do to help.

Lars

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2010 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
With Windows7 you need to install most things with administrator rights. I have just completed a full install of accelleration and related addons and you need to right click on every install folder ->compatibility tab-> click on run as administrator and that should fix most problems.

I do this with everything not just FSX related.

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Hi Cappy.

Which version of Windows 7 are you using? Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate?

The reasons I'm asking are:

1. I rarely need install using "run as administrator". Look at the installer .exe and see if there is a small shield on it, if it is there, I have found I don't have to install as an administrator. This shield appears on almost all of my .exe files when it comes to installing on my computer, evem if they are inside a zip or rar file. My UAC is set at the second highest level that is the default and recommended setting by Microsoft. This one:

Default - Notify me only when programs try to make
changes to my computer

• Don't notify me when I make changes to Windows
    settings

Granted, I have Window 7 Professional 64bit and the user name I log in with is in the administrators group on the computer and that could be a difference if you are using Windows 7 Home Premium, which I believe is more strict for security reasons for basic computer users. I installed Windows 7 and chose my user name and was automatically placed in the administrator group.

2. I have FSX + Acceleration installed on a separate 500GB drive (this drive is for FSX only) and I am not having any troubles at all with FSX or any of my add-ons for it. I also do not have FSX.exe set to "run as administrator" under the compatibility tab. I did not select to "run as administrator" when I installed FSX and Acceleration either.

It's worth thinking about because everyone keeps saying this stuff about installing and running as an administrator and yet it doesn't apply to me and it never has. I wonder why? I never did anything to give my user any advance permissions and this is the third time I have installed Windows 7 on my computer (late last week). The second time was because I had a dual boot system I decided I didn't want. This last time because I had a nasty problem with my "C:" drive requiring me to buy a new drive. This situation has always been this way including the first two installations of Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top