Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 In Flight Refueling IN THIS TOPIC ONLY! (Read 20686 times)
Captain Sim 2
CS Team

In Flight Refueling IN THIS TOPIC ONLY!
Apr 5th, 2010 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Please note: the refueling feature has been developed by third party developers and added into the package by Just Flight. The features are available in the 'boxed' version only. For support please contact Just Flight.

IP Logged

Walt

C-130 In Flight Refueling
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Ok I'm new here so it might be obvious to those of you that have been around for awhile, but how do you get the refueling part of the C-130 sim to work? I've got the latest CD version that I'm assuming has everything I need but I cannot figure out how to do any in flight refueling. Is this something that you can only do in Multiplayer? Any help would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Re: C-130 In Flight Refueling
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Hey Walt,

I assume you mean the hoses on the the KC-130...
To get those out, go to "Views" (taskbar on the top of your FSX in flight) > "instrument panels" > "refueling panel"

I might be mistaken on the exact names, as I'm doing this by memory,
but it should not be too different.
This will bring up a panel which you can use to extend or retract the refueling hoses.

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
but one thing to note if you try setting the kc-130 as AI to try simulate the refueling of another aircraft then at the moment u wont be able to do this as the lines don't come out automatically and the same if you were to try multi player refueling the second player will not see the drags unless you both use a KC-130
im hoping some one will sort this out soon Cheesy

IP Logged

Walt

Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2010 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys for your help, for some reason when I made an attempt to get any info from the Capt. Sim people all I got was a vague run around reply.  Here is how the conversation went ...

Them - The CD-rom version by "Just Flight" includes a module for Inflight Refueling and a RAF Airbase scenario

Me - When you say boxed version do you mean the CD version that's sent in a paper sleeve? I have the CD, how / what do I need to do to do an inflight refueling?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Them - Boxed version is DVD version with cover, printed maual etc. where the publisher Just Flight is stated. You have purchased CD delivery, i.r. our installer was recorded to CD for you. These are different products.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me - You didn't fully answer my question. Am I to assume that since I have not received this product in a box that the inflight refueling is not available? If this is true I suppose I should have bought this from another supplier. I was under the impression you guys were the originators of this product, so I guess I wrongly assumed it would include everything i.e. inflight refueling.  

Them - All product information and free manuals with product details are available at our product pages before purchase.

IP Logged

Walt

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 3:26am
Print Post  
Is there a way to do an inflight (giving or receiving) refueling in single player mode or is it only available in multiplayer?

IP Logged

Sean

C130 Air to Air refueling
Reply #6 - Feb 12th, 2010 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Hi there. I recently purchased the C-130 X-perience All-in-One Pack. Does any one know how to do air to air refueling?
A previous post lists that it was with the Just Flight pack, but on the Just Flight site, they claim that a lot of rework was done by Captain Sim. Are they just reselling the same version(images look exactly the same) or did they create a new package.

IP Logged

desertvet_USMC

KC-130 MP Aerial Refueling fix Needed
Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Is There a Fix or has anyone attempted or addressed the inability of other people to see the drogues out in MP sessions, this seems to be an issue, that needs addressing for a payware product..... any takers on this  Angry

IP Logged

nath2889

Re: KC-130 MP Aerial Refueling fix Needed
Reply #8 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
I think this is some thing that has been addressed before but nothing has come back as yet i to would like this to be sorted so i could have a line up with a MK1 behind a KC-130 and simulate a mid air refuel

IP Logged

desertvet_USMC

Reply #9 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Yes it does, Myself and a few VM Mates have purchased the whole C130 line as well as the Xload line, and are Disappointed by some of the inabilities of the products.(Animation Wise), We have even gone to the exhausting trouble of trying to fix the issue ourselves by adding static drogues, but it is a task without the original 3d file to make the appropriate attach points, i would have hoped there where more people upset by this issue, as it is one of the main reasons we purchaed the aircraft.

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #10 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
fuel rods and formation lights are what i would like to see fixed

IP Logged

desertvet_USMC

Reply #11 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
This would be a very easy fix for CS, since they have the source files, probably an hours worth of actual work and another hour to test the fix....it took me about 20 min to make an acceptable hose and a basket ...but without the actual attach points and other original info it is a daunting task

IP Logged

OLD NAV

Reply #12 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Can you see your beta drogues and basket in multiplayer?  Attachment points can be tweaked ... painful as that might be.

Same problem as doing airdrops with the aircraft.

I don't need no stinkin' GPS!

IP Logged

texxasAl

Reply #13 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Just as a thought on this matter, FSX "passes" other conditional features in the MP session (doors/canopy open-close, gear down-up, etc) It seems that they could take a "parameter value" (doors for example) and change the parameter to indicate the probe and/or baskets deployed. This would satisfy the lack of ability of receivers to see the booms and baskets on this aircraft. I would guess most of us would be willing to sacrifice the ability to see the doors open.  Just an observation from a pilot, not a "computer guy".  Some sort of response for someone more expert (nearly anybody) would be appreciated.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #14 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Thank you for your input.
Unfortunately our original KC-130 model does not have any inflight refueling capabilities except some visuals. It's not marketed as multiplayer game neither. So infact there is nothing to fix.

another company included some third-party inflight refueling module in the box, for obvious reasons we can not provide any tech support for that, so please contact another company directly.

Good news: Next generation of the C-130 family of products (C-130 Captain) will deliver a number of interesting features, hopefully including the air refueling and MP.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top