Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Problem with Spoilers (Read 1359 times)
dmike

Problem with Spoilers
Mar 16th, 2010 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Hi there.

A few days ago I got myslef a Saitek Yoke, and a throttle quadrant. Everything installs fine, and the setup within FSX also went fine.
Long stor short. I use FSX only for configuration of the Yoke, and Quadrant (ie. no SST)
I have assigned one lever for thrust, one for flaps, and the last for the spoilers/airbrake.
Ok. The thing is, thaw with default planes, another company's Bus, Coolskys MD80, and all of another company, everything works fine

BUT.

With CS 757/767 the spioler move out of control. When raising the spoilers it works somewhat. but when lovering the spoiler things goes wrong. When thay are almost in the retracted state, the suddenly extend.

What is Wrong?

Michael Jessen

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Re: Problem with Spoilers
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
I had the same problem with a home built throttle quadrant I made.
(might also be with my X52, but haven't flow the 757 much recently)

What I THINK might be the problem, is that your lever doesn't send the exact extreme position to FSX, but something right next to it.
Combined with how the spoilers of the CS bird work (all or nothing) this translates in them opening again if not completely closed.
If it is this way (I'm not sure!) you can try adjusting the dead zones of your lever.
Also, I believe you can have the handle act as a position switch using the SST software.
this way, you can say the up position is 'retract spoilers' and the down position is 'extend spoilers'
or something like that.

If all else fails, and you have the full version of FSUIPC, you can make lever settings in there, to work the magic.

I hope this helps in any way...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top