Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
TropicalSim MMUNX HELP PLEASE !! (Read 3048 times)
Capt. Bill

TropicalSim MMUNX HELP PLEASE !!
Mar 10th, 2010 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Hi, Yea I know this has nothing to do with Captain sim stuff, but I can't remember my password to the other site I go too for its forum & I was kind of hoping to find someone on here that might have the same Cancun scenery like I do & can help me out possibly.

I having trouble loading it into FSX.. It installed correctly but its one of those like BluePrint were you also have to load it into FSX by going into settings, then add area/ go to TropicalSim/ select MMUNX & your suppose to be able to hit ok & then it will start loading. However when I go to hit ok, it just opens the file & there's nothing there even though the files are there. I've tried everything from making sure my Zonealarm is shutdown, lowering all my security functions & it just won't budge.. I keep getting the same result.. I don't know what to do to get my MMUNX scenery for FSX to load into FSX if it won't find or allow me to ok & have it load it.

I open for suggestions..  I'm run out of ideas to get it to work..

Capt. Bill

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Re: TropicalSim MMUNX HELP PLEASE !!
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
indeed nothing to do with CS, but anyways:

are you running windows 7?
A known issue with FSX under W7 is that when selecting a new scenery area, when you have navigated to the correct folder,
you DON'T click OK, but you have to click on any empty area inside the navigation screen.
otherwise, FSX will just open the folder, in stead of adding it to the scenery list.

IP Logged

Soya

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Ah, I was wondering if I was the only one experiencing that problem. Since my HD crash, I had to reinstall my OS & FSX, I decided to use Win 7, but like you said, I couldn't add sceneries manually. In the end I simply opened the scenery.cfg file and added the needed entry by typing it in. Glad to know I can do it via FSX again  Smiley

IP Logged

Capt. Bill

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 2:56am
Print Post  
Yes I am running Windows 7 64 bit that came with my New PC that I bought specifically for FSX & all my scenery & airplanes like your 757 that I own & will be flying...

Thanks for the tip.. I'm going to try it right now..  Thats Just what I needed was just alittle extra thinking power or an outsource to give me a new idea to try because I had tried everything that I could think of & nothing was working.. I was having trouble with BluePrint MCO scenery in the same way but it finally took it & loaded it.

By the way seeing that I have one of you CaptainSim people talking to me.. I was wondering if you guys have seen that other posting that I posted reguarding the layout of the Cargo Bins for the passanger version of the CS 757 & how we need an update to change it over from containers to Bins instead because on a passanger 757 there is no ULD containers used on a passanger 757. Just the Freight ones like DHL can have the containers. However the passanger CS 757 we need an update to reflect either forward Bin & Aft Bins or Bins 1-4. Thats just for the Passanger version of 757-200-300.  

I worked on the ramp & have unloaded & loaded luggage & freight on the Continental 757-200 & there is no containers that go in there. Just the luggage,Mail & cargo go in it loosely or as I say Handstacked by rampers. However also like I had said on that message is that on the ACE program the Passanger load sheet is good & doesn't need changing just the cargo area for the Passanger CS 757-200-300 need to be changed to reflect Bins instead of containers both on the ACE program & within the Aircraft.cfg file.  So that when we go to load the CS 757 we'll put the actual total weight of what we put in each Bin. Luggage,mail,Cargo.

For example depending on how the load goes that day it may look like this one time & different the Next.

BIN 1      BIN  2          BIN 3             BIN 4
  ______    _______       _______         ______
                2300              1500

Or like this with using just forward & Aft like they use with the 737's

FORWARD BIN              AFT BIN
        _____________             ________
             2300                          1500

Either way you guys want to change it too, but it does need to be changed for the Pax version of CS 757 to be accurate anyway because of them not using the ULD Containers.. Only the freighter version do & then of course all Wide Body aircraft PAX/Freight version for Wide Body carry containers on them..  767,747,777,DC -10, MD-11

Wink

Capt. Bill

IP Logged

Capt. Bill

Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Ok, Thanks.. I see what you mean now for adding in the new scenery area.. Atleast Now I know how to do it..  Thank you..  Smiley

Unfortuantly It turns out I have a bad MMUNX program for FSX.. I guess I'll have to buy me another one.. Part of the scenery isn't working right.. The taxieway is Grass looking & near the gate area part of it is blacked out & if you outside the plane & turn it a certain way you get a airplane crash even though your not even close to the jetway. I figured I'd mentioned that just incase someone had the same MMUNX program that I currently have & has found a solution too it, other wise I'm going to get a newer version of it later on.

Anyways thanks for the info one last time about adding new scenery. Atleast now I know.

Capt. Bill

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top