Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
AP disconnects? (Read 2460 times)
goround

AP disconnects?
Mar 4th, 2010 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
95% of my flights have one AP disconnect. I can find nothing common that is causing them but for no apparent reason my C-130 AP will shut off and I get the flashing warning light "AP OFF". The only thing that will allow me to turn it back on is "Shift+A" (avionics) but all my other avionic devices are still on. This only happens once per flight, and usually near the beginning. I have FSUIPC (registered) and use the unlimited battery fix.

IP Logged

goround

Re: AP disconnects?
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2010 at 5:11am
Print Post  
A few corrections due to the latest occurence. I AM losing avionics...just happened to have the GPS open when it happened and it went dark. The analog panel makes it a bit harder to see but I took some time and looked around...avionics were dead. This time it happened well into a 2 hour flight, so that's new too. Weirder and weirder.

IP Logged

goround

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 1:38am
Print Post  
I'll take the lack of replies as meaning no one else is having this issue? I'll delete and re-install the C-130 without the troublesome Extra Pack and see if that helps.

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Sorry Goround.  I didn't see your post until I got back from my trip.

This has been mentioned in some older posts of the subject.

Assign a key in game to control the 'Avionics Master' switch.  Then when you loose all you avionics just toggle this key to turn them back on again.  It wont happen again in that flight.

Hope this helps.

Dave

IP Logged

goround

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2010 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Dax, I already have "Shift+A" as the Avionics master...and it does get me back up and flying when the C-130 decides to go tits up on the avionics. I don't suppose there is a fix from CS for this?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Sorry...we all know no such fix exists...as well as any OTHER fixes.  Cheesy Cheesy

Seriously though...I deleted the Extra Pack and the Legendary C-130...and then re-installed ONLY the C-130 (no Extra Pack) and I've flown 4 flights since...without any issues with avionics shutdowns.

The last warning from Forum Moderator

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top