Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
reinstalling 727? (Read 12505 times)
Berlopez

Denmark<br />

reinstalling 727?
Jan 29th, 2010 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
I decided to reinstall v-2.2 as 2.3 was full of issue and today when I loaded up 727 the engine gauges were dead/black I've looked in the KB and there it says that this is for protection. I redownloaded and installed the .exe to my desktop and run it from there entered my order No....Now for the third time and still I get a cockpit without engine gauges and the pop ups don't show Embarrassed The FA panel gauges are all black too  Cry
I even redownloaded form the extended download links and got 2.3, Disabled UAC in my sys. cleaned out the folder from the registry as indicated in the KB; restarted computer and proceeded to reinstall,now three time today.. Cry Cry Cry Here is an image of my issue:

Undecided

<div class=
IP Logged

jcrous

Re: reinstalling 727?
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I am not sure what causes this display problem, but I have experienced similar problems before. Files that worked 100% percent in FSX had to be edited after FSX was re-installed.

I would load the panel in FSPS to see if all gauges are called up.

Try to remove your panel completely (back it up) and copy another aircraft's panel in there. Start FSX and load the aircraft shut down. Re-installed your panel and try.

Also try to copy all your gauges to the general gauges folder of FSX.

Johan&&&&[img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c131/c131_captain.gif[img] [img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif[img] [img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x727/b727fcaptain.jpg[img] [img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b767/b767fcaptain.jpg[img]&&Freighter Operations!

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Johan: Thanks for your reply, But I have not reinstalled FSX at all. All I did was to uninstall 727 2.3 to put in 2.2 as 2.3 is so full of issues and edits that I couldn't handle....And then this happened. I went into the KB to study the matter and it says in there that this happens when to protect the software;
Despite my resintalls and my legal copy I can't get the gauges or pop-up panles to display. Even in my last reinstall I disable UAC and that didn't help either  Cry Just checked the panle folder for CS727-100 in there there a whole lot of CAB files Captainsim_721 P1,P6 etc,A gauge file and a Panel.cfg at the bottom I also own 727-200 skin with the 737-300 panel in there the panel is called: Panel.a727 and in it there ia a panel.cfg; a CAB file:csb727 tools.CAB and cs.a727animation.gau.
Yousay:Also try to copy all your gauges to the general gauges folder of FSX. But all is packed in these .CAB files. I completely lost. I've even done,according to the KB deleted the captainsim folder from the registry and after reinstall. But I get the same result No engine gauges or pop-ups???

Bernardo

<div class=
IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
I just uninstalled v.2.3; Which is the one I could download yesterday. I then tried to reinstall v2.2.

I've fallowed the intructions given in the KB for deinstallation went to the registry and deleted the capsim 727-100 folder.

Then I run the .exe from v2.2 when I was promted I inserted the order no. and when It beggins to copy the files it gets stuck at the end...endlessly with a file; I waited 15 minutes and nothing was happening ?...Although behind the copying window it said captainsim 727-100 has been succesfully installed in to FSX...Eventually I closed these windows and opened the FSX to check the 727-100...Still the same Embarrassed
I then went to see the regisry once more and the contents are these ( I took a screenie):As one can see the first key says "value not yet set"???? ( PERPLEXED)

<div class=
IP Logged

javiercuellar

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
As one can see the first key says "value not yet set"????

That is normal. Mine is same as yours.

IP Logged

jcrous

Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 9:19am
Print Post  
You can also make sure that the install file is run as an administrator and if you run Win 7 or Vista that the files has all the relevant permissions. Sometimes if not certain steps during the installation may be omitted. I have very recently bought this plane, and therefore I have only the 2.3 version, but as I am and administrator by default everything worked fine. Further I don't know what can be wrong.

Johan&&&&[img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c131/c131_captain.gif[img] [img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif[img] [img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x727/b727fcaptain.jpg[img] [img]http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b767/b767fcaptain.jpg[img]&&Freighter Operations!

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Johan: Thanks for yoour continuos advice. I'm off my witt with this. I managed to fix my copy of the 727-200 exterior and that works fine now; Got the animations to work.

...But my 727-100 pro. still doesn't install properly; I wonder if a .CAB file got damaged?Containing these particular gauges??. I run the file as Administrator I have it on my desktop; Inmediately as I clicked on run as administrator it began to run Mmmm...The installation in to FSX.I have my permission at Full Control in FSX folder I've even disabled DEP long time ago because there's software that doesn't run if you have it on.( another company Legacy).

...It never asked me for the order number...Therefore I think it hasn't been activated  Undecided The result was the same when I loaded the plane...No engine gauges or pop-up windows.

I'm beggining to theorize that the server must be down; As there is also the NOROBOTS message when you try to enter support; And without entry we're stuck.

Most dissapointed:

Bernardo

<div class=
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Hi Berlopez.

After you have installed it once in the Operating System it has a record that you activated it. It won't ask again unless you remove the entries from the registry again OR you have to redo your computer and you do a new clean installation.

Now...Here is something to try, but I make no promises.

After uninstalling ALL your 727s (-100, -200 and freighter if you have it too), it could be worth making sure that the folders CS_B727-100, CS_B727-100F, CS_B727-200 and CS_B727-200F are no longer in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes and if they are, delete them. Then go to the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim folder and delete the 727 folder if it is there.

Once that is done, reinstall the 727-100 Pro and then the -200 and Freighter. It could be that something is not getting removed during the uninstall and is messing things up.

If all those folders are being deleted when you uninstall, then I don't think all this will help.

I wish you luck in resolving this problem.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #8 - Feb 4th, 2010 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Markoz: I managed to reinstall 727 pro.2.3 and all my gauges are now showing, I needed reactivation.
All I have now is the issue where once has to load the aircraft twice to get everything to work properly a/p for instance.
I  thought that these bugs would have been taken care of in the new release? Obviously not and having to reload twice is really time consuming in my sys.

<div class=
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top