Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  Send TopicPrint
 25 Sound Issues (Read 176656 times)
rcpistonhead

Re: Sound Issues
Reply #180 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I'm new to CS and the forum. I just purchased the 727-100 and -200 expansion. Installation went fine but like many others I do not have any sounds in the cockpit. I can hear the engines running but that's it. None of the switches, dials, knobs, altitude warning, fire bells, APU etc. have any sound. I have read this post and tried all of the suggestions: loading the 727 twice, loading one of the default CS flights, changing SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=0, and also checked for msvcr71.dll file.

When I checked for msvcr71.dll it was not there so, I downloaded the latest Visual C++ from Microsoft as suggested and after installing it the msvcr71.dll file is still missing.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here but I would really appreciate any help. I'm beginning to worry I wasted $50  Sad

(I am running Windows 7 64 bit)

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #181 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 2:51am
Print Post  
All I do to get the sound for the Captain Sim 727 is reloading the aircraft. It works every time for me.

With regards to the msvcr71.dll file, I've never had to do anything. Undecided

My OS is Windows 7 Professional 64bit (and reloading the 727 also works for me in Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit). See my signature at the bottom of this reply for my system specs.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

BrianG

Reply #182 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Try using the 707's sound files if you have that plane. I used to do the load twice trick and it worked, but with the 707's sound files, no need to reload to get sound.
Hard to believe this hasn't been fixed ever.

IP Logged

fsxpaul

Reply #183 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
rcpistonhead wrote on Feb 3rd, 2015 at 11:33pm:
tried all of the suggestions: loading the 727 twice

To be clear, this is not re-loading the aircraft twice from the main menu.

This is setting-up a keyboard short-cut for 'Aircraft (reload)' in the 'Controls' menu. Mark and many others use 'Crtl+Shift+R' key combination.

Here's how to set it up if you haven't already done so:

Select from the main menu; 'Options','Settings','Controls'. Select the 'Buttons/Keys' tab. Make sure that 'Event Category' is on 'All Events'.

Scroll down the list to 'Aircraft (reload)' and mouse click once. (it's the 11th one down in the list).

Click the button 'New Assignment'. A dialog box opens; press and hold all 3 keys: 'Ctrl', 'Shift' and 'R' then release the keys, then select 'Okay'.

Use this keyboard short-cut to 'Reload' your aircraft to have the cockpit sounds work.

IP Logged

rcpistonhead

Reply #184 - Feb 4th, 2015 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Thanks for all of the replies! Apologies ahead of time for my rant lol. Just very frustrated with this.

I also submitted a ticket to CS and their only reply was "we know about the problem and hope to have a fix soon". How am I supposed to believe this when this has been a known problem with many customers for years?

Brian - I do not own the 707, so unfortunately that isn't an option for me. I think it's a bit silly that the only reliable fix for the 727 sound is to spend another $50 on another CS product. Maybe this is their poor attempt at making a even larger profit? I don't think I will purchase another CS product.

Mark - Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure why it hasn't been working for me.

Paul - Thank you for making the reloading process clear. I have been starting FSX, selecting the 727, location and time and the Fly Now. Then, once the sim has loaded, I go to the drop down menu and go to Select Aircraft. I select the same 727 and let it load again.

I will try your suggested method. Hopefully that works!

IP Logged

rcpistonhead

Reply #185 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:46am
Print Post  
fsxpaul wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:38pm:

This is setting-up a keyboard short-cut for 'Aircraft (reload)' in the 'Controls' menu. Mark and many others use 'Crtl+Shift+R' key combination.

Select from the main menu; 'Options','Settings','Controls'. Select the 'Buttons/Keys' tab. Make sure that 'Event Category' is on 'All Events'.

Scroll down the list to 'Aircraft (reload)' and mouse click once. (it's the 11th one down in the list).

Click the button 'New Assignment'. A dialog box opens; press and hold all 3 keys: 'Ctrl', 'Shift' and 'R' then release the keys, then select 'Okay'.

Use this keyboard short-cut to 'Reload' your aircraft to have the cockpit sounds work.

Hi Paul,

I tried your method of setting the key mapping for aircraft reload and sad to say it didn't work. I've tried it many different ways and many times with no luck  Sad

IP Logged

fsxpaul

Reply #186 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 6:16am
Print Post  
rcpistonhead wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:46am:
I tried your method of setting the key mapping for aircraft reload and sad to say it didn't work. I've tried it many different ways and many times with no luck  Sad

Not sure what you mean by 'many different ways'.
What happens when you press 'Ctrl+Shift+R' while in the 3D cockpit?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #187 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 6:16am
Print Post  
fsxpaul wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 1:38pm:

It works for me regardless of whether I use the CTRL+SHIFT+R shortcut, or Menu > Aircraft > Select Aircraft > press ENTER to reload the same 727. Undecided

Once I reload the 727, I have all the sounds working like they should.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

BrianG

Reply #188 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
It works for me regardless of whether I use the CTRL+SHIFT+R shortcut, or Menu > Aircraft > Select Aircraft > press ENTER to reload the same 727. Undecided
Once I reload the 727, I have all the sounds working like they should.

It worked this way for me as well. Did the above and have cockpit sounds ( before I started using the 707's sound files to save this step). Never hurts to back track and double check once more to make sure  you did everything mentioned in the knowledge base item. I followed those instructions ( now years ago), did the reload thing, and had cockpits sounds the first time out.
For the money charged for this sim, it ridiculous everyone has to fight this issue and go through this dance. I have to laugh every time CS mentions it will hopefully be fixed soon- now over three years. Perhaps they should reconsider how they respond to customers. Or better yet, just deal with this.

IP Logged

rcpistonhead

Reply #189 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
fsxpaul wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 6:16am:
rcpistonhead wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:46am:

Not sure what you mean by 'many different ways'.
What happens when you press 'Ctrl+Shift+R' while in the 3D cockpit?

By trying many different ways I mean I tried loading the 727 from the free flight screen and then re loading it inside the sim by pressing Ctrl shift r while in the virtual cockpit. I also tried loading the default flight from the free flight screen with the trike , then loading the 727 and then reloading the 727. I tried both of these methods with Ctrl shift r and also by going to aircraft, select aircraft. In other words, I've tried every combination of loading and re loading that I can think of and still no sounds in the cockpit. I'm getting really bummed out about this. I was and still am excited to fly the 727 but without sounds in the cockpit it's useless as a payware add on.

Still thank you for all of the help and suggestions. I am still hoping to get this fixed

IP Logged

rcpistonhead

Reply #190 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Update:
Fixed.

Major thanks to Brian G. for his help with this.

For all of those who are plagued by this sound problem here is how I fixed it:

I was missing msvcr71.dll from Windows/SysWOW64 (specific location for Windows 7 64 bit)

I found the msvcr71.dll download by doing a google search for the file for Windows 7 64 bit. (message me for the exact link)

As the instructions suggested, I placed the files in Windows/SysWOW64.

I started FSX, loaded the 727, then loaded it again and now my sounds work. Cheesy

IP Logged

stretch1365

Missing Cockpit Sounds
Reply #191 - Dec 28th, 2014 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Hi all.

I bought the 727 the other day in the 9.99 sale, what a great aircraft.

I went through the list of changes and tweaks as listed here in the forum but can't seem to get the cockpit sounds working.

I followed the KB2930 topic about installing msvcr71.dll which was missing from my windows files but that didn't seem to work, neither did reloading the aircraft twice as suggested. The only tweak that did work was the one to use the 707 sound files, I have that aircraft too. However once installed I lost all the sounds for the V-one addon in the 727.

I find it strange that all the sounds are there in the original 727 CaptainSim/sounds file, and you can play them all fine, but they don't work in the sim. I read somewhere here people reporting that the sounds did work in v2.3 and were now at v2.4 and the sounds are gone now. Is it possibly an idea if someone could verify that the sounds would work using a v2.3 sound gauge and perhaps if this is the case make that file available for people who recently bought the aircraft as v2.4.

Just thinking out loud here, as I think the 727 is a great aircraft and lovely to fly.

Happy Flying.

David Phillips.

Happy Flying,&&&&David Phillips

IP Logged

BrzI

Re: Missing Cockpit Sounds
Reply #192 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 5:24am
Print Post  

IP Logged

rcpistonhead

Reply #193 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I'm new to CS and the forum. I just purchased the 727-100 and -200 expansion. Installation went fine but like many others I do not have any sounds in the cockpit. I can hear the engines running but that's it. None of the switches, dials, knobs, altitude warning, fire bells, APU etc. have any sound. I have read this post and tried all of the suggestions: loading the 727 twice, loading one of the default CS flights, changing SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=0, and also checked for msvcr71.dll file.

When I checked for msvcr71.dll it was not there so, I downloaded the latest Visual C++ from Microsoft as suggested and after installing it the msvcr71.dll file is still missing.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here but I would really appreciate any help. I'm beginning to worry I wasted $50  Sad

(I am running Windows 7 64 bit)

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #194 - Feb 6th, 2015 at 1:11am
Print Post  
I just reload the the 727 and the sounds return every time. As you can see in my computer specs at the bottom of this reply, my OS is Windows 7 Professional 64bit. The same thing happens with the 727 in Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.

I have never had to do anything in regards to the msvcr71.dll.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top