Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Legendary 707 Manual Installation (Read 8059 times)
Mark Peters

Legendary 707 Manual Installation
Jan 23rd, 2010 at 5:30am
Print Post  
I have tried the manual off line method several times and get the actfile, not the key file.  I go to the knowlwdge base for instructions (625), and I still get the actfile.  What am I doing wrong?  I would love to get my 707 back in the air where she belongs! Cry

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: Legendary 707 Manual Installation
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2010 at 8:37am
Print Post  
The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile, click Product name link and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 31. Please be sure to search the Knowledge Base prior to submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your request cancellation and posting removal.

IP Logged

jeffg

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2010 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
I am having the same problem,I have run the off line installer 4 times and still keep getting a error 42 message.I tried to install online without luck so I tried off line.I know that this is a older program but I am able to load sims into FS9 that are older without problems including the 727.Any help support way would be nice.

JeffG

HP Pavilion Elite m9350f&&AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core&&6 gigs ram&&Nivida 9800GT &&Vista 64 Service Pack 2&&FSX with the Acceleration Pack

IP Logged

jeffg

Reply #3 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
I just got your email that the help ticket was cancelled:Thank you for contacting Captain Sim Customer Support.
<br />
<br />Your Ticket has been reviewed but cancelled because the same question has been previously answered.
<br />If you wish to review the answer please:
<br />- Check-in at <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/">http://www.captainsim.com/support/</a>;  
<br />- Click Product Name > Customer Support > Search KB > C > Search for KB# 31,589,592
<br />
<br />The Captain Sim web site, Knowledge Base and Manuals contain hundreds of articles designed to answer the majority of the questions asked of our Customer Support. Please always be sure to search the web site, Knowledge Base and Manuals PRIOR TO submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your Ticket cancellation.
<br />
<br />PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL. REPLIES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
<br />
<br />Thank you,
<br />Captain Sim Customer Support
<br />
<br />

I did all this per the kb file and a number of times without any luck. I emailed support and this is what I get back,a form letter to do what I have already done.

HP Pavilion Elite m9350f&&AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core&&6 gigs ram&&Nivida 9800GT &&Vista 64 Service Pack 2&&FSX with the Acceleration Pack

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Quoting KB#592:

Quote:
We are sorry, but according to http://www.microsoft.com/games/pc/flightsimulator.aspx FS2004 (FS9) is not Windows Vista/Windows 7 product. Therefore none of our expansions for FS2004 (FS9) is Windows Vista compatible product either.

Although you may try to activate our FS9 product Manually Offline.

Please note as stated at the product description page we do not support technical issues appeared on systems that do not conform to the minimum system requirements.

Unfortunately we have nothing to add.

IP Logged

jeffg

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
I want to openly say to Captain Sim I am sorry as I was able to get the 707 installed on my laptop.The mistakes were all mine not yours and I do apologize for my comments.

JeffG

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #6 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Jeff, we are glad the problem is resolved. Enjoy your flight!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top