Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Increasing frame rates (Read 1497 times)
rservice
Beta Team

Increasing frame rates
Dec 22nd, 2009 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Is there a way of increasing frame rates on more modest rigs by commenting out non essential windows?
Ron Roll Eyes

IP Logged

connors

Re: Increasing frame rates
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 2:25am
Print Post  
hey ron, i have a modest rig myself... dual core 2.7 processor, Nivdia 8800GT.  Not super or anything, but when i first bought the 757, i could barely look around the cockpit.  After installing FSX SP2, i found it to be alot better on the framerates.  So if you haven't already done so, that is something you could try.  Keep in mind you will have to install SP1 before SP2.  Hope this helps.

Ken

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Re: Increasing frame rates
Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Yes,I have both SP1 and SP2 installed correctly.I guess I cant have all the goodies I want as I also have GEX and REX2.I've commented out some windows on the 757,and I believe there is some improvement.
On another company's MD11,there is an option to disable the first officers instruments,precisely to improve frame rates on modest rigs.Also,I believe they somehow have coded the windows so that only the active window is in use.
There is also a maximum number of windows you can have in FSX.Oh well,I guess I'll have to get a new rig soon.
Ron Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top