Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
New to This Forum - is this where I ask a "how To? (Read 1432 times)
TacomaSailor

New to This Forum - is this where I ask a "how To?
Dec 14th, 2009 at 3:06am
Print Post  
New to 727 Captain
FSX/Acceleration - very experienced

Is the following question appropriate for this forum - it says NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT - but what does that mean?

NAV/COMM RADIOS - I can tune all the radios to LOWER frequencies (I can lower the frequency) but I can't find any way to increase the frequency.  The radios do tune and I can communicate with ATC and get a VOR/DME - if the frequency is lower than 113.70/127.80 which is where the radios start at when I load the AC.  Once the frequency gets to 108.00 it will not move - it doesn't wrap around to 118.00 like most AC do.

The ADF tuning knob turns but ONLY to LOWER the frequency - I can find no way to raise the ADF frequency.  

These problems occur with Shift+3 (radio stack) or in the VC when I look down at the radio stack.  

I have dozens of payware and hundreds of shareware AC and have not previously encountered this problem.

What am I doing wrong?

1680x1050x32 22" LCD monitor.  
eVGA 8800 GTS(640MB) video card

ASUS P7P55D PRO / 4GB Corsair DD3 PC12800 / Intel i5-750 (OC) / eVGA 8800GTS (640MB) / Vista32 / FSX Acceleration

IP Logged

connors

Re: New to This Forum - is this where I ask a "how To?
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Hey There, I think i have a solution to your problem.  Clicking the left mouse button on your tuner knobs will lower the frequency, while right clicking will increase the frequency.  If I understood your question correctly, this should solve your issue.... I hope it does.  As for NO TECH SUPPORT, that just simply means we cannot fix any bugs or errors in the game, we can merely help you learn to fly this great bird.... as i hope i just did.

IP Logged

TacomaSailor

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 5:12am
Print Post  
 Thank You!

Is that a standard convention in all the Capt Sim planes?

Where might that be documented?  I thought I had read the manuals pretty carefully.

I guess it is not possible to actually roll the knobs clockwise/counterclockwise by using the mouse to turn the knob - that is where I was having problems - I was touching a tuning knob and trying to roll it using the left mouse button while I moved the knob.

Thanks again!

ASUS P7P55D PRO / 4GB Corsair DD3 PC12800 / Intel i5-750 (OC) / eVGA 8800GTS (640MB) / Vista32 / FSX Acceleration

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2009 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
CS uses the left/right click system all the time. It takes some getting used to, but in the end is a very good system. Some functions also work with the scroll wheel, but some go mad when you try this :p

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top