Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
EPR (Read 2892 times)
twright

EPR
Aug 27th, 2009 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Hi!

Well I splashed out and got the 727-100, and i'm glad I did!  What can I say - it's awesome!  The model, the sounds, the cockpit - it's fabulous!

One question about setting EPR.  I find this quite difficult to set, because it changes on it's own!  On takeoff (and I find this mostly at higher-altitude airports), I set takeoff EPR and as the aircraft speeds up the EPR values decrease on their own.  Also during climb, the EPR decreases.  Is this right?  Say for example on takeoff I set EPR at 2.0, by the time the aircraft's lifted off this can be down to 1.8 without moving the throttles.  Can someone give me some help as to when to set EPR?!

Thanks,
Tom

IP Logged

JETPILOT

Re: EPR
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Unfortunately the engine power settings on this plane are not accurate. TO EPR should be approx 2.10 at sea level @ 59F. The EPR won't reach 2.10 with the throttles firewalled. They usually end up at about 1.90 for TO power again depending on temp and altitude.

The EPR rises as the plane accelerates down the runway as it should due to ram air rise.

In real planes the EPR does drop as you climb and the engineer should push the throttles up to keep the TO EPR. But your already firewalled on TO so you can't push up the power to maintain EPR.

Once the flaps are retracted you should reduce power to climb thrust, but the EPR you have with the engiens firewalled is alrady less than the climb power.

So it's very unrealistic. Fly it like an arcade game because it's not much better.

IP Logged

twright

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Thanks Jetpilot.  That's a shame that it isn't accurate.  I'm not an airline pilot but I like to fly these aircraft realistically using the correct figures and such.  I suppose it's just something i'll have to live with!

Thanks.
Tom

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2009 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Thank you for your input but this forum is not for technical support.
If you want your report to be forwarded to development team for consideration please check-in to Your Profile then click Product Name > Customer Support > to submit a Ticket. Thank you for cooperation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top