Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Captain Sim Ramps Up Support (Read 4857 times)
Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Captain Sim Ramps Up Support
Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:00am
Print Post  
You guys are aggressively addressing issues.  Good job and good luck with your new release.  I just downloaded and it is so far even better than my 757 in looks (due to night lighting improvements).

I just couldn't hack the 2D VC overhead and general poor graphics job on the competitor.  Great product back in the day, and deserves a place, but the 2D overhead is a usuability issue for me, not just aesthetic.

Of course, we have the usual moans, too, but don't let those bother you.  There are legitimate issues you can work on, then there are people who make a career out of complaining about Captain Sim.  I've heard divorced women carry on less about their exes, for cryin' out loud.

But now you've given me a big problem.  I have to fit a 767 on my sig banner.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Ant1981

Re: Captain Sim Ramps Up Support
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Tim Capps wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:00am:
 I've heard divorced women carry on less about their exes, for cryin' out loud.

You will do, as when they are divorced, they are exes, they have parted, it's over...

...but when you spent money on a product, you're stuck with it, you can't get your money back.

But anyway, I've not seen the 767 for myself, but I'm certainly interested, so long as there's no issues like with the 757, in a nice way . I'll need to do some more reading.

C-130&&757-200 Pro Pack - Uninstalled Smiley

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Thank you for kind comments, Tim Smiley

IP Logged

Hammer

Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 11:39am
Print Post  
With resspect to the other 763, the grafix are defeinately dated and somewhat hideous now, but the systems and logic modelling remain outstanding.  It remains to be seen if CS can match that important (for me) factor.

Check 6...&&Chris.&&&&Computer Specs:I6850 3.0 o/c to 3,4, 4 GB 800 speed OCZ Ram, ASUS PQ5 MOBO, XFX 9800 GTX+, Saitek x52 Pro, Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
The other 767 has been out since the days of the dinosaurs and has had many updates.  For gosh sakes, give Captain Sim a chance.  He hasn't even had a chance to release the first update!

IP Logged

cyberstudio

Reply #5 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Im interested too (please stop talking about this plane!!! You will make me buy it!!)

But, what are the known bugs?

IP Logged

Hammer

Reply #6 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
signmanbob wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 at 12:51pm:
The other 767 has been out since the days of the dinosaurs and has had many updates.  For gosh sakes, give Captain Sim a chance.  He hasn't even had a chance to release the first update!

Point taken, we are partially going by the history and current state of its sibling the 757 though.

Check 6...&&Chris.&&&&Computer Specs:I6850 3.0 o/c to 3,4, 4 GB 800 speed OCZ Ram, ASUS PQ5 MOBO, XFX 9800 GTX+, Saitek x52 Pro, Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

IP Logged

juniorpm21

Reply #7 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Captsim are the BEST company!!! Grin

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #8 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
If you fancy some sort of procedural trainer and think you are going to find one for $40, we all know what you pick.  It's a choice and I'm not knocking it.  Personally, I don't use that "systems depth" anyway and couldn't tell you how to set up a failure on two products I have that are known for that sort of thing (both old).  I just want to enjoy pretending to pilot s big complicated airplane and enjoy the visuals.  Normal operations.  I don't want to be the smartest kid in the room and pick at details that don't have anything to do with the way the thing runs or gets used.

The CS 767 says 1.0 but is really more like 4.3 out of the chute Smiley  In other words, we've been through most of the teething pains with the long development cycle of the 757.

We also know what issues might remain, too (although some of those are getting addressed already).

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

stevenp

Reply #9 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
You know...cs would be having my vote much more if they come out with a true ace...actually loading the plane...getting weights...etc. I don't care for a fuel planner although since I am accustomed to relying on the fmc to do the calculations.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #10 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
ACE loads the plane in that it rewrites the config file.  They do want you to check the fuel/payload page in FSX.  That was their design decision for whatever reason.  It is different than some other products, but whether you are looking at a page outside the sim or one inside the sim, there is no practical difference to me.  Of course, everyone is free to have their own preferences.  Sorry this spoils it for you.

I'm used to it now, so it doesn't bother me.  Actually, I like knowing how FSX is "seeing" things for certain and have started using the nav log as a fuel planner for other aircraft, as well (adding appropriate minimum fuel and covering contingencies).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top