Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Altimeter, Radios and altitude knobs (Read 3783 times)
asanal

Altimeter, Radios and altitude knobs
Jul 12th, 2009 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
I am experiencing a difficulty  to control altimeter, radios and altitude  knobs. Every times when I turn one of the knob, it either runaway 360 or goes  up/down but not the number I try to put in. I can not manage  to put correct  altimeter settings.

I have no any problem with my PC mouse. Huh It works well with :LDS767X. PMDG747X and MD11X.
How can I correct the knobs turning?
Thanks
Sanal

IP Logged

asanal

Re: Altimeter, Radios and altitude knobs
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
I did not get any response from CS, but I found  away to  put proper numbers into radios and altitude panel. Still struggling with altimeter settings. Undecided

IP Logged

aal763

Boeing Expert

Reply #2 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
You have to keep the mouse pointer on the knob while you are turning it.  If you hold the left mouse key down and then move it off the knob and release the left mouse key the knob will continue to turn in the direction that you initially started to turn it.  Just keep the cursor on the knob until you come up with the setting you want.  Then all should work fine.

Best Regards,
Robert Smiley

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #3 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Robert,
Thanks
Sanal

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Sanal. aal763 is right. I too have had problems guessing myself to setting the altimeter correctly. Use the mouse, if you have difficulty zoom into the panel. There is also a good explanation in the FAQ section:

Q: How can I set the altimeter without being able to read the setting?

A: If you put your mouse cursor on the altimeter gauge, a little ToolTip message will come up showing you your current setting in millibars and inches, start then scrolling with your mouse wheel or left button and you will be able to set it to standard alt-setting by keeping on reading the readout from the little pop-up window.
Also check out the FSUIPC settings. Assign a hot key setting for required numbers through this program. Now you don't have to see the settings to know they are correct. Use "B" to give you the current alt setting and "Ctrl+B" to get required numbers.

Good flyings!

<div class=
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top