Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 10 I need an SDK for the 757 (Read 14252 times)
andreotti60

I need an SDK for the 757
Jul 5th, 2009 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Captain Sim, I purchased from you many planes. I think your work is beautiful. However, you are seriously limiting the possibilities of your our work by not offering an SDK for your planes. I have now spent many thousands of dollars (and Euros) in hardware for my hobby. I'd love to fly your planes and assign keyboard presses to specific functions. Please make an SDK available for the 757 and for the upcoming 767. Absent that, I will never buy another plane from you. They simply don't work with the hardware I have. I have no such problems with planes from other FS developers. Strange that you don't see the value in making the SDK available to your customers, or at least a COMPLETE list of key assignments. It's your choice of course, but a strange decision from where I stand.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: I need an SDK for the 757
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Thank you for input.
Please specify the list of items you would like to see in the SDK.

IP Logged

andreotti60

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
I would welcome the ability to map every single function of the simulator to keyboard presses (key mapping in other words). The SDK would also need to contain information sufficient to assist any third party hardware manufacturer - CPFlight, Engravity, Flight Deck Solutions for example - to conceive and develop hardware for your planes, such as an MCP, FMC, throttle quadrant, etc. (or make existing hardware fully functional with your planes).

I, for one, enjoy building my own hardware. I would welcome the ability to assign push buttons, switches and rotary encoders to various functions of your planes, thus enabling me to slowly build an entire cockpit, using your excellent planes (the 757, future 767, and why not, even the 727).

I encourage others to chime in and provide Captain Sim with your suggestions as well.

Thanks.

Gianluca

IP Logged

Bigsky

Reply #3 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
The above reason is why I will not buy the 767,And I regret buying the 757.

Jim Driscoll&&   &&Vista 64 Bit On &&300Gb Raptor&&FSX/Acceleration On&&300Gb Raptor&&MOBO: ASUS Rampage Extreme&&I7 975 @ 4.20GHz&&EXOS2 Liquid Cooling Syst.         &&Memory: 8 GB Corsair Dominator&&GeForce GTX 295

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Just wondering why you're not contributing to the list, then.  This might indicate a willingness to add it.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing, I'm
going !

Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Me too, I have a full go flight module and I'de like to see my MCP Autopilote module work on the 757/767 ...

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

Sjef Gielen

Reply #6 - Aug 18th, 2009 at 8:08am
Print Post  
I would be a very happy pilot if I could just program the buttons on my CH yoke and throttle quadrant with more than just landing lights and gear, but with handy functions such as engine start rotary switch functions.
So an SDK would be very handy.

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #7 - Aug 18th, 2009 at 8:41am
Print Post  
With FSUIPC you can assign buttons/ rotary encoders / switches to key commands.
Those key commands you can assign to your hardware.

I f you use the coordinates feature FSUIPC will remember where the button / rotary encoder / switch / is located in the cockpit.

Then you can even use the VC and operate the hardware even when not in sight.
With the 2d panels the panel to be operated has to be in sight. 

If have done so for the VC form the MD-11 and plan to do it for the 757 too.
This in combination with my VRI hardware.

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing, I'm
going !

Reply #8 - Aug 18th, 2009 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
and you have a GF MCP ADV ? If you, I'll be very interested about your file. I have a registred version of FSUIPC.

Thanks in advance

IP Logged

Bigsky

Reply #9 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 5:30am
Print Post  
I attempted to create a FSUIPC macro,But it doesnt seem to work with knobs like the heading,speed or altitude.Only switches and buttons. I cannot get the knob to rotate using the tab key test function. But with my CP Flight 737 MCP ( serial port version),The baro knob,and the flight director switch work,So maybe there is hope?

Jim Driscoll&&   &&Vista 64 Bit On &&300Gb Raptor&&FSX/Acceleration On&&300Gb Raptor&&MOBO: ASUS Rampage Extreme&&I7 975 @ 4.20GHz&&EXOS2 Liquid Cooling Syst.         &&Memory: 8 GB Corsair Dominator&&GeForce GTX 295

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing, I'm
going !

Reply #10 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 7:12am
Print Post  
I found this on the GF's website :

"It will work with FSUIPC and you may need GFDisplay form Peter Dowson's site."

That maybe help you !

IP Logged

AceHawk

Reply #11 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Hello, I registered FSUIPC yesterday in hopes to program the mouse macro for the A/T engage on the MCP. After going through the step by step process I realized that it was a no go. After some reading I found that Mr. Dowson states that the mouse macro works on some .gau's but not all instruments. Sadly, it doesn't on the MCP instrument. So seeing that it is an XML gauge, and that I have done XML gauges in the past, I decided to investigate a workaround.

The good news is that after tinkering with it till 1AM last night I managed to get it to work! Now I can use my Joystick to arm/disarm the A/T (as I wanted to do) instead of using the mouse. The solution involved the creation of a new XML gauge. I am however still working on it to ensure that it operates as I want it to.

My main design criteria is to make it WITHOUT modifying the original panel gauge from CS. This so that other users can benefit from the workaround without having to mod their 757 install. So far I am 80% complete on that.

If there is interest in this, maybe we can get other functions worked out as well. Let me know.

I will keep you posted on the progress, I expect it to be ready before the end of the week. : )

Linus "AceHawk"

AIM  
IP Logged

Robert Cezar

Reply #12 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
AceHawk,

My name is Robert Cezar - developer of It's Your Plane (http://www.itsyourplane.com). I would be HYPER INTERESTED in working with you on interfacing the Captain Sim aircraft and, in particular, in finding an elegant solution to the XML issue. Please feel free to contact me directly if you'd prefer at robert@itsyourplane.com.

It would also be great if the gang at Captain Sim would offer some guidance in this endeavor as well, for there's a high degree of interest in the sim community in getting these aircraft properly interfaced.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

IP Logged

SEAN ZARELLA

Reply #13 - Oct 17th, 2015 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
I know this post yes very old, But I have found a way to map any button or switch or knob  say for the overhead panel to a keyboard or joystick.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - Oct 20th, 2015 at 10:11am
Print Post  
SEAN ZARELLA wrote on Oct 17th, 2015 at 3:02pm:
I know this post yes very old, But I have found a way to map any button or switch or knob  say for the overhead panel to a keyboard or joystick. 

Glad to hear you were able to do that SEAN ZARELLA. Smiley

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

SEAN ZARELLA

Reply #15 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Lol.    It would be nice for me to show how I figured it out Smiley

ok here goes !

Navigate to your FS9 folder then /Gauges

Inside find and backup cs.b757.ap.CAB

Open it and extract its contents to a new folder, Rename the origional Cab file something else but keep the .CAB

name your new folder cs.b757.ap.CAB with the extension .CAB

Inside youll find CG_AP_DisBar.xml

Open it with your favorite XML editor, there are free ones on CNET, and copy the contents below!

Each button on a keyboard is represented by a number, also Shift and control with a number add 256 to the origional character #   if you add CNTR+ SHIFT then a character then you add 512 + the character value.

This is the string for autopilot disconnect.

<Gauge Name="AutopilotSwitch_CG005sw2" Version="1.0">
<Update Frequency="10"/>
<Element>
<Position X="0" Y="0"/>
<Select>
<Value>(E:TIME OF DAY, enum) 1 != (A:LIGHT PANEL, bool) && if{ 2 } els{ 0 } (L:AP_Dis,bool) +

</Value>
<Case Value="0">
<Image Name="AP_DisengageBar.bmp" Bright="No">
<Axis X="0" Y="0"/>
</Image>
</Case>
<Case Value="1">
<Image Name="AP_DisengageBar.bmp" Bright="No">
<Axis X="0" Y="-3"/>
</Image>
</Case>
<Case Value="2">
<Image Name="AP_DisengageBar_n.bmp" Bright="Yes">
<Axis X="0" Y="0"/>
</Image>
</Case>
<Case Value="3">
<Image Name="AP_DisengageBar_n.bmp" Bright="Yes">
<Axis X="0" Y="-3"/>
</Image>
</Case>
</Select>
</Element>
<Mouse>
<Area>
<Tooltip>Disengage Bar</Tooltip>
<Cursor Type="Hand"/>
<Click>1 (>L:AP_Dis_On,bool)

103 (>L:iSndPl, position)

</Click>
</Area>
</Mouse>
<Keys>
<On Key="74">1 (>L:AP_Dis_On,bool)

103 (>L:iSndPl, position)</On>

</Keys>

</Gauge>

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This Means if you go into each XML in each cab, you can add the

<Keys>
<On Key=" "> do stuff </On>
</Keys>

after the mouse section. and copy the mouse commands,. insert it into where " " is and you can find out what each key sequences into a number that XML reads you can go to this site
http://javascript.info/tutorial/keyboard-events

and it will tell you what each keystroke means by number to insert in the " " remarks. and assign that keyboard into joystick assignment !

Now when you press J or via FSUIPC assign a Joystick button on a yoke or wht ever you need Go to Buttons and switches, select " FOR KEY PRESS " and press your appropriate Button and then select J for the Button.
Now when you press J it will toggle your autopilot disengage bar up and down with each key press !!!!!!!!!
ENJOY!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top