Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
CTRL+E, what exactly is it doing behind the scene? (Read 1632 times)
ESzczesniak

CTRL+E, what exactly is it doing behind the scene?
Jun 4th, 2009 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
I've had only sporadic success starting the engines on this aircraft...which obviously is holding back progress.  I have been trying to do "cold and dark" starts by first loading the default Cessna, shutting everything off and then switching to the C-130.

I have been doing everything by the checklists and I simply just can't get the engines to start when I press the ground start buttons.  None of the engine gauges move.  I've had a lot of random thoughts about what the problem is, but most have not panned out.

The one thing that is consistent and reproduceable though is that if I use CTRL+E to start the engines and then shut them down by a CTRL+SHFT+F1 (mixture lean), I am able to go back and start them with the ground starts.

So my question is--is there anyway to find out what sequence of events CTRL+E is doing to start the engines (I presume it's a default list within MSFS)?  If I could find this list, maybe I could find the one thing that's missing and fix it.  I'd really rather not use CTRL+E to starts all the time...actually ever.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top