Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Does radar show what's outside? (Read 3657 times)
Piaggio

Does radar show what's outside?
May 31st, 2009 at 5:36am
Print Post  
What I wish to know; does the radar image from CS Weather Radar paint "returns" for the clouds/rain/storms that you see "out the window" in FSX, or is it creating its own random paints that do not match the sky you see in front of you while flying in FSX?

Thanks,
Peter.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Does radar show what's outside?
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2009 at 8:24am
Print Post  
The CS WXR does not create "own random paints" but interpret exact FSX weather data regardless of its source (default, real-time).  

As for the "out the window" FSX image (clouds/rain/storms) accuracy, it depends on how FSX display engine interprets its own weather data into its own visual objects you see out the window. If there are any accuracy issues so enquiries should be directed to Microsoft.

IP Logged

Piaggio

Re: Does radar show what's outside?
Reply #2 - May 31st, 2009 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on May 31st, 2009 at 8:24am:
The CS WXR does not create "own random paints" but interpret exact FSX weather data regardless of its source (default, real-time).  

As for the "out the window" FSX image (clouds/rain/storms) accuracy, it depends on how FSX display engine interprets its own weather data into its own visual objects you see out the window. If there are any accuracy issues so enquiries should be directed to Microsoft.

Thanks for the reply. So does this mean that if I can see a large storm cell cloud in front of me in FSX, that CS Weather Radar will show the same storm cell in the same position on the radar display?

Being a real world pilot, I'm just trying to establish if your CS Weather Radar will work for me just like real Wx radar - if I can see a CB (cumulo-nimbus) then the radar should paint it at the same distance and bearing as what I can see out the window.

Many thanks,
Peter.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top