Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Can't get the radar gauge to work (Read 5030 times)
Alan Bradbury

Can't get the radar gauge to work
May 30th, 2009 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
I've tried installing the Weather Radar gauge into numerous aircraft, both payware and default FSX, and all it does is pop up a black box with nothing on it. Any suggestions?

By the way, it completely messes up the Ariane 737NG when you try it on that too, the FMC no longer shows up if you install the weather radar.

Al

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Can't get the radar gauge to work
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2009 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Please file a support ticket at http://www.captainsim.com/support/
Our tech will check what could cause the issue at your system.

IP Logged

Alan Bradbury

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2009 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Filed one earlier today. Hope you can sort it out.

Al

IP Logged

Alan Bradbury

Reply #3 - May 31st, 2009 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Problem solved. I did a few things, one of which must have sorted things out, but which one it was, I have no clue. what I did:

Reinstalled Direct X, reinstalled FSX SP1 and SP2, reinstalled my graphics drivers, and finally reinstalled the Weather Radar.

I like the radar gauge, but it does appear to have a few glitches:

It still doesn't work on the Ariane FSX 737 though. It refuses to show up on the FSX menu when you add the gauge to the Ariane aircraft. It also appears to screw up the mode control panel on the default FSX 737 and 747 when you install the gauge. The mode control panel doesn't work now in the 747 (either in 2D or VC) and the digits from the MCP on the default 737 have gone missing. this occurred to both aircraft right after installing the gauge, and even uninstalling the gauge doesn't fix it.

Al

IP Logged

Alan Bradbury

Reply #4 - May 31st, 2009 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Managed to figure out how to manually install the Radar Gauge into the Ariane 737, which will presumably allow it to be installed in anything else that the WXT Editor goes awry on

What was happening, was that the WXR Editor was failing to add the list comment for the new window with the radar gauge up at the top of the panel config file for some reason. It would add the new window with the panel data at the bottom of the config file just fine, but without that top line to tell FS that there was another window, it wouldn't show up, so you just have to manually add that line and number it in sequence.

Might want to consider adding a walk through on that to the manual.

Even though I've spent most of the day faffing around with things to get it to work, now that I've sorted out all the problems I was having I can actually use the thing at last. It looks like it will be good fun to play with.

Al

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top