Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Assigning Key Commands (Read 2185 times)
airmontblanc

Assigning Key Commands
May 29th, 2009 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Assigning Key Commands :

The ability to assign keys to commands is defenitely a must for serious flight simming

Captain Sim answer please,

it's time for you to accept our needs,

we are thousands flight simulator fans with modules like Goflight, Vrinsight ... and most of us are cockpit builder and we use the cards from Opencockpits and the Sioc language with Fsuipc, and we can NOT fly with your planes ..... !!!  (yes we can fly with your planes, but only with mouse clic !!!)

AND WE LIKE YOUR PLANES !!!

Please Captainsim be the FIRST !!!! another company and another company perhaps will do that next ???

Thank you  Wink

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Re: Assigning Key Commands
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2009 at 2:45am
Print Post  
What exactly do you mean?  You can assign key commands via the FSX menu, so I must be missing something...

IP Logged

The-GPS-Kid

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2009 at 9:15am
Print Post  
VFR Reviews wrote on May 29th, 2009 at 2:45am:
What exactly do you mean?  You can assign key commands via the FSX menu, so I must be missing something...

He's talking about FSUIPC offset key commands, which allow things like the Heading Bug, Course Knob, AP modes, etc, to be assigned to keys. Those keys can then be mapped to hardware controllers such as GoFlight modules. 1,000s of simmers fly this way. Realism is far far greater than using mouse clicks for everything.

I agree with the post originator and although I love all other aspects of CS add-ons, I no longer buy or use them because they 100% assume all users like to control everything in the cockpit with fiddly mouse clicks.  Undecided

Almost all other major developers (and most minor) allow the FSUIPC offests to align to key features in the aircraft (like the Heading Bug, Course Knob, AP modes, etc, etc) but CS never bother to implement this, so you cannot assign key commands and cannot map to hardware.

This has been raised many times and CS do not appear to be listening.  Wink

D.

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2009 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Ah, sorry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint