Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 v2.2 (Read 72522 times)
tetiaroa

v2.2
May 19th, 2009 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Any chance for a v2.2 of the 757 for FS9 with the same changes as v4.3 for FSX?

I would honestly love you for that!!

Regards,
Tetiaroa

IP Logged

rb211

Re: v2.2
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2009 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Nope - they gave up on us.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2009 at 11:23am
Print Post  
rb211 wrote on May 19th, 2009 at 10:38pm:

No, we just "gave up" on outdated and having no prospects FS version (FS9) and sincerely hope all of you will use FSX one day.

IP Logged

razorhead

United we stand and YES
we can...

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2009 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 11:23am:

No, we just "gave up" on outdated and having no prospects FS version (FS9) and sincerely hope all of you will use FSX one day.

I would like to, when I bought a new PC one day.... Wink

Kind regards&&Capt. Frank Rose

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2009 at 2:53pm
Print Post  

I just want to make sure I understand Captain Sims official position on a final upgrade to the FS9 version of the 757...

Customers, like myself...who orignally may have bought the 757 way back when, using your nearly incomprehensible "block" system...before there even was a 757 for FSX, I might add...and thereby providing you with the capital for the research and development of a fully operational version for FSX...are not going to have access to the same upgrades provided to the customers who bought the FSX product yesterday?

This seems to be a very disrespectful and heartless way to pay a loyal customer back...and an ultimately self-defeating business practice...because no matter how great a product you produce in the future I for one, will never buy another CS simulation.

In more legal terms...you failed to make me "whole" as a customer, after promising a fully functional product...because it isn't economically viable for you to do at this time...and after you have accepted payment. Sounds like a breach of contract that is turning into a "bait and switch" business tactic to me...Not very pretty. By the way,I am not saying you did this on purpose, I'm only trying to convey how it feels.

But more importantly, from a customers point of view, it is at the very least...a breach of trust.

I made the commitment to support your development of the original 757 project with the expectation that I would eventually be flying a really great addon...for FS9...not FSX!!!

Customers like myself who are willing to take a chance on an "unfinished" product in its early developmental stages are not as easy to come by as you might think...

Think long and hard about your next complicated project that may require years to complete...who is going to want to take that chance again and end up with an incomplete product simply because a new version of flight simulator (in what ever form it will take) has been released.

Please say that you will reconsider your official position. Complete the FS9 757 project and then end development for the platform.

Do the right thing...don't leave loyal customers with a "half baked" product. Finish what you have started!

Respectfully,

Robert M. DeLorenzo

IP Logged

tetiaroa

Reply #5 - May 20th, 2009 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
You´re totally right Robert, I can only second that!

PLEASE release this final update for FS9 as well!!!

Some of us just cannot afford to switch to FSX at this time - they might eventually (maybe next year or even later than that) - but in the meantime it´s just not fair to leave them with an unfinished product, when they have paid for a PROFESSIONAL addon!

Regards,
-Tetiaroa

IP Logged

jse516

Reply #6 - May 20th, 2009 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
I also completely agree, Robert. I purchased this product for Fs9 and have patiently waited 3 years for it to be finished only to learn that it will not be completed is very disappointing.

FSX is a nice platform but even with a pretty decent system (Q9650-GTX285-4GBRAM) I still cannot achieve butter smooth approaches at large airports with heavies, unless I tune the sliders down which results in it looking equal to Fs9.
Also I have far more invested in Fs9 as far as airport add-ons and scenery and continue to add new stuff all the time. For me and my style of flying, using Fs9 the performance is superior, add-on airports look nearly identical and flying at high altitude which is where i'm at most of the time there is very little visual difference. I don't stare at the external view so I don't really care about bump mapping or real time shadows etc... I'm sure some people are into this but for me its about simulating flight to the highest level possible.

I can only express my disappointment with CS & my 757 experience and hope you change your minds, until then I also will refrain from any future purchases from CS.

John

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #7 - May 20th, 2009 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
We do understand and share FS9 users' feelings, but we announced the Block F (757 2.0) to be the last FS9 release years ago. So there was no tricks or surprises. Our clear message was(is): Keep current - switch to FSX!
We even released version 2.1 extra.

Unfortunately we cannot afford working for two quite different platforms anymore.
So development for FS9 is over (long time ago), all FS9 titles are at bargain sale for 9.99 as is.
There is no way back, we have to move forward.

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #8 - May 20th, 2009 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 4:18pm:
We do understand and share FS9 users' feelings, but we announced the Block F (757 2.0) to be the last FS9 release years ago. So there was no tricks or surprises. Our clear message was(is): Keep current - switch to FSX!
We even released version 2.1 extra.

Unfortunately we cannot afford working for two quite different platforms anymore.
So development for FS9 is over (long time ago), all FS9 titles are at bargain sale for 9.99 as is.

You've got to be kidding me...We're not asking for 3.0 for goodness sakes!! 2.0 to 2.1 is basicaly the same release very few bug fixes fixed anything...the FMC is still a mess etc.

Your position is totally illogical and patently ridiculous...once you put out a version of something you have to support it!!!

Imagine if Mercedes Benz put out a car and many of the transmissons didn't work correctly...would they say: sorry we can't afford to work on two different model years at the same time, you'll have to purchase next year's model if you want to stay current and have a working transmission, this year's production run is over, we must move foward...they would be laughed right out of business...a fate that just may befall you in the very near future, by the way.

Really now, how many man hours would it take to transfer the bug fixes from FSX to FS9 so you keep your customers satisfied?...Ahh...I might as well be talking to a wall...you'll be moving foward alright...with a lot less customers...good luck!

Sorry for the bitter tone...it takes ALOT for me to communicate so sarcasticly...but you finally provided me with enough frustration.

With as much respect as I can muster,

Robert M. DeLorenzo

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #9 - May 20th, 2009 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Perhaps we should keep this topic as civil as possible, otherwise CS might lock or delete this thread...and we really don't want to give them any excuse to do that...do we?

Just MAYBE...if enough customers respond to this topic (in a logical and civil manner, that is) they will have a change of heart...of course I know that nobody is holding their breath...least of all me...but it's our only recourse at this point.

Try and remember that for every "boycott" post there are many more that agree with the sentiment but fail to actually reply with their own opinion. Only CS has the ability to extrapolate the actual statistics involved but when it reaches a "critical mass" they may realize it's in their own best interest to "finish" the project.

By the way, CS, I'm really not trying to "incite a riot" or any other type of "civil" disobedience...I'm just trying to provide you with some important feedback on your possible lack of insight.

Regards to all,

Robert M. DeLorenzo

IP Logged

jse516

Reply #10 - May 21st, 2009 at 2:23am
Print Post  

Hasn't the FS series been discontinued indefinitely? why wouldn't you want to grab all you can from the last remaining camps before moving forward to another flight sim brand? I find it hard to believe that the majority have moved on. Heck in a recent poll taken in my VA 493 out of 634 votes were in favor of Fs9, and we have the 757 in our fleet. Sadly because of the slow development of your 757 and its remaining issues, it still has a major CTD problem with the FMC which in turn makes it pretty much useless on VatSim, no one uses it or even owns it!

Sorry I just can't see the logic behind your business decision here?

IP Logged

Rosario Manzo

Reply #11 - May 21st, 2009 at 6:52am
Print Post  
I think that at least an "alignment" of the two FMS logics (FS9 and FSX) would be nice indeed, so that FS9 users can share the same airac cycle.
A sort of 2.1.1 version, nothing more.

Ciao!

Regards
Rosario Manzo, IT

IP Logged

giel

Reply #12 - May 21st, 2009 at 11:58am
Print Post  
I agree to rosario, just a simple update would be enough

IP Logged

jlinares

Reply #13 - May 21st, 2009 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Efectivily there's no tricks or surprises.  But it's a requeriment of a great community because a significant part of simmers still using FS9 and the aircraft for this plataform still have a several issues that need to be fixed in order to satisfied customers, for one, the VOR doesn't work and it's scencial.

Please reconsider your position and look that the update it's necesary to response to the people that thrust on you.

Regards.
Javier Linares

IP Logged

rupesh

Reply #14 - May 21st, 2009 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
yes! I would like to see an update too and this is to bump the post again and add another voice to the cause.

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #15 - May 21st, 2009 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
bobde wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 9:24pm:
Perhaps we should keep this topic as civil as possible, otherwise CS might lock or delete this thread...and we really don't want to give them any excuse to do that...do we?

Just MAYBE...if enough customers respond to this topic (in a logical and civil manner, that is) they will have a change of heart...of course I know that nobody is holding their breath...least of all me...but it's our only recourse at this point.

Try and remember that for every "boycott" post there are many more that agree with the sentiment but fail to actually reply with their own opinion. Only CS has the ability to extrapolate the actual statistics involved but when it reaches a "critical mass" they may realize it's in their own best interest to "finish" the project.

By the way, CS, I'm really not trying to "incite a riot" or any other type of "civil" disobedience...I'm just trying to provide you with some important feedback on your possible lack of insight.

Regards to all,

Robert M. DeLorenzo

The three posts before I wrote the above one were in fact removed by CS...not because of what they said but HOW they said it.

In essence they were about not buying any future products from CS...but they were so inflamatory in their language that CS (rightfully so, in one case) had an excuse to delete them.

Don't make the same mistake! Keep your posts civil and to the point...no rants! We need all the support we can get.

Regards to all,

Robert M. DeLorenzo

IP Logged

rb211

Reply #16 - May 22nd, 2009 at 1:41am
Print Post  

In fact - you did give up on us.  Here's the problem:

I bought my copies of the 757 back when you first introduced them.  I waited the years for the F block (patiently I might add - I wasn't one of the ones constantly bombarding you with "when is it going to be done").  I bought these under the assumption that you were going to finally release F, and I would have a fully functional aircraft.  I didn't complain when all of the bugs in F were found.  I waited patiently. 

Somewhere along the way I remember you saying that you were going to finish the FS9 version.  You didn't.  Instead you decided to concentrate on FSX and leave us with an incomplete product.

And by the way - I didn't buy these at the current "bargain" prices.  I paid FULL price for them - as they were released.  So your price analogy is irrelevant to those of us who purchased your products before the FS9 garage sale.

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #17 - May 22nd, 2009 at 2:38am
Print Post  
rb211 wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 1:41am:

In fact - you did give up on us.  Here's the problem:

I bought my copies of the 757 back when you first introduced them.  I waited the years for the F block (patiently I might add - I wasn't one of the ones constantly bombarding you with "when is it going to be done").  I bought these under the assumption that you were going to finally release F, and I would have a fully functional aircraft.  I didn't complain when all of the bugs in F were found.  I waited patiently.  

Somewhere along the way I remember you saying that you were going to finish the FS9 version.  You didn't.  Instead you decided to concentrate on FSX and leave us with an incomplete product.

And by the way - I didn't buy these at the current "bargain" prices.  I paid FULL price for them - as they were released.  So your price analogy is irrelevant to those of us who purchased your products before the FS9 garage sale.

Excellent post...totally agree.

IP Logged

GGLurch

Reply #18 - May 22nd, 2009 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Well i got the 757 4 weeks ago using this bargain campain. I read about and monitored this plane for a very long time waiting for new reviews (should have listened to the one saying the truth Grin) and forum entries. I now was thinking - ok - it got to work now -  well - it is unflyable for me. (and i am talking about a new, clean FS9 install with only the 757 installed -  and because it obviously works for some it got to be a language problem of the OS/FS install!  Smiley)

Ok financially it is not the end of the world for me - it is just a lesson learned to put more trust into the community than reviews - but i am not happy anyway. I am sorry for the guys here sticking with this project right from the beginning and paying full price throughout the years in good faith and commitment - and personally i find that policy/behaviour just plain unfair - and not particular clever economy wise.

Dont get me wrong - i totally understand, that support for products has to end eventually - however it should get at least to a usable stage of development. The pure number of costumers reporting problems must be taking into considerations because - honestly - even if all of them are switching to FSX - not all of them will buy at CS anymore. Not because it might take years for your products to complete but the way CS handles these projects.

Actually - after all this time - i start believing, that this project can not be finished for FS9 - not because CS does not want it anymore - but because it is not possible from the programming perspective. CS has great planes - so they know how to design and program. The number of ground features and the visuals of the 757 are just stunning - it just cant fly - and maybe it is too late for this... but then just be honest and take it off your website.

And - by the way - for the price i paid for the whole 757 package i could have bought FSX...   Smiley

IP Logged

GreenViper

Reply #19 - May 22nd, 2009 at 10:33am
Print Post  
I for one upgraded my system 6 months ago to a top notch one that runs FS9 with blasting framerates.
I have FSX laying around here somewhere but after the first install I removed it again.
My FS9 has lot's of great addon planes and scenery so setting up for FSX again would take way to much time and effort.
And now with the way things are going at Microsoft I'll stick to FS9 and that's it. I even tend to think that there will be lot's of other FS enthousiasts around the world that will do the same.
So yes, I would love for CS to keep FS9 support up.... Just look at other great addon plane and scenery designers, they do !?!

TCA2050

IP Logged

fd728

Reply #20 - May 22nd, 2009 at 11:59am
Print Post  
I'm a disappointed customer of a two years old car. Before the purchase, everything looked bright, but in the end nothing ever made me happy. Many things broke down, the maintenance people had problems fixing it and many other things made me unhappy. So when moving on to a new car, I will certainly switch to a different brand.

Conclusion: A disappointed FS9-757 customer eventually moving to FSX might refrain from buying addons again from CS.

Please, CS, listen to your customers, work on an update and turn your customers into happy loyal customers, who will be happy to buy future products from you because they know, you will care and offer support.

Regards, Manu

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #21 - May 22nd, 2009 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
fd728 wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 11:59am:
I'm a disappointed customer of a two years old car. Before the purchase, everything looked bright, but in the end nothing ever made me happy. Many things broke down, the maintenance people had problems fixing it and many other things made me unhappy. So when moving on to a new car, I will certainly switch to a different brand.

Conclusion: A disappointed FS9-757 customer eventually moving to FSX might refrain from buying addons again from CS.

Please, CS, listen to your customers, work on an update and turn your customers into happy loyal customers, who will be happy to buy future products from you because they know, you will care and offer support.

Regards, Manu

Great post!!!...LOL

IP Logged

amalishkin

Reply #22 - May 23rd, 2009 at 6:08am
Print Post  
I can see CS if you were to release new product and state that you will no longer support FS9 but you released the FS9 product first with full list of bugs, and now just finihsing cleaning them up in FSX version while telling us customers to bad you got the FS9 version because we stopped support for it,  how about u fix the original product we are not asking for a new product we are asking for a fix on existent product, and in reality you do not stop support of product that u released in less then a year and then moved to fsx.

alot of us unhappy about this perhaps you should listen to your customers after all we are the ones that do buy and express itnerest in your product keep pissing us off and u will end up with no customers.  And NO FS9 is not dead ok.

IP Logged

jose88

Reply #23 - May 25th, 2009 at 12:08am
Print Post  
amalishkin wrote on May 23rd, 2009 at 6:08am:
I can see CS if you were to release new product and state that you will no longer support FS9 but you released the FS9 product first with full list of bugs, and now just finihsing cleaning them up in FSX version while telling us customers to bad you got the FS9 version because we stopped support for it,  how about u fix the original product we are not asking for a new product we are asking for a fix on existent product, and in reality you do not stop support of product that u released in less then a year and then moved to fsx.

alot of us unhappy about this perhaps you should listen to your customers after all we are the ones that do buy and express itnerest in your product keep pissing us off and u will end up with no customers.  And NO FS9 is not dead ok.  

YES YES YES!!!  Wink I agree!!!

I request a new update to correct bugs in FS9 version!!! Same with 4.3 FSX ...

There are many people using FS9 today ...

IP Logged

clum

Reply #24 - May 25th, 2009 at 3:17am
Print Post  
I couldn't agree with all what has been said in this post more. I can understand your reasoning to an extent that you want to focus on a simulator that certainly is the future, but it's not fsx's day yet. It's wrong of you I feel to try and almost force people to move to fsx if they are quite happy with remaining on fs9 until the proper hardware and addons come along that can run fsx to a good standard.

PLEASE listen to your customers, as without these people whom you are simply annoyed by requesting your help to fix a product, your company would simply not exist. Remember that these same people who are asking for help now will be the same ones all getting their credit cards out to pot money in your pockets when they finally do move to fsx. Treat these customers badly and you will lose money.....and no doubt a lot more than it would cost to spend a short time producing a small patch.

We're not asking for something that is going to require much time or expense on your part so please make the effort, make your customers satisfied, make yourself more money in the long run!

Hopefully you're not to stubborn to really consider our points.

Cheers.

IP Logged

Tobias Niederhauser

Reply #25 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 10:50am
Print Post  
I think it's important to release that final upgrade for the FS9 757.
cheers,
tobi

IP Logged

cloudflyer

Reply #26 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim,
It would be in your best interest to provide quality customer support. I'm positive there are many simmers who purchase products and find they are not happy with it. Be it scenery, aircraft or utility addons, if the product does not function like it should, they are entitled to 1. a refund, 2. do nothing and forget it was purchased, or 3. trust that the developer will correct the major problems so it's an enjoyable purchase. The last option goes a long way to ensure repeat business.
I could find the CS757 to be one of the best aircraft I have purchased. However, since the 2.1 update, the VOR function was removed and that is a major issue. The fact that it did work prior to the update indicates it is probably something simple to correct. We were told that a NAVDATA update was to be available but there is none. If those two items were fixed I would have nothing but praise for Captain Sim, but at this point I hesitate from purchasing any other aircraft even at the deeply discounted FS9 prices.
The thousands who still use FS9 are not asking for much, just what is good business practice.

Michael

IP Logged

GreenViper

Reply #27 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
With MS stopped the further development, a new Sim is years away.
So this will mean undoubdedly that lot's of people still using FS9 to great content will remain doing so... no urge to update to FSX.
By taking that decision MS extended the life of FS9 for years to come !!!!
So likewise other great addon developers (I won't name them all here to avoid the reply being removed) all remain supporting FS9 so I don't see why CS shouln't.

I'm a Quality Manager in real life, and I can say in business you can't treat your customers this way or it will bounce back on you.

IP Logged

Pilotgregster

Reply #28 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Just thought I'd bring this back to the top. I also think that it's very important for CS to release the final patch for FS9. Like many other people, I purchased the 757 way, way, WAY back around the time of it's first release. I think we've been waiting long enough now for a bug free and complete product now. You can't just abandon us.

I don't really understand why many FS developers are ditching FS9. Okay yes, new development opportunities, but many polls/surveys suggest that FS9 is still very popular, if not more popular than FSX. I haven't moved to FSX, because:

1) Despite buying a new computer 6 months ago, I STILL can't run it with more than 10 FPS.

2) After FSX was released, a lot of the FS developers started asking for MORE money to get updates. I'm not spending MORE money to buy the same product for a different platform.

3) Without buying more add-ons the stock FSX environment looks a toy-land. It looks very artificial.

So therefore, I stick to FS9. It runs smooth (very important for a simulator), looks great, and I don't have to spend anymore on products I already own.

I don't care what else you do in the future (because I'm unlikely to buy another CS product anyway. The whole extended 757 release was a total mess imo), but for the sake of the (still at large) FS9 user base, please release the final patch so we can get our money's worth.

/rant  Cheesy

IP Logged

jonny

Reply #29 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
i also agree that a final update for the fs9 757 should be released

thanks.

IP Logged

paulmch

Reply #30 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
I too want to add my voice to the many who are outraged at this farce. At the very least, you could hurry up in sending the 2.1 update to Just Flight, that might improve this pathetic excuse for a product ever so slightly.

IP Logged

elyab

Reply #31 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 5:43am
Print Post  
SAD, but it seems to be useless to convince CS to change their mind about FS9 update... Especially because we talk about relatively FEW fixes left. Especially because the most of fixes are already performed in the last FSX update and only need to be transferred into FS9 model.

Good example for CS: Microsoft didn't suspend their WinXP support although they wanted to do so a couple of years ago. They continue to release XP updates all the way even facing market difficulties with Vista and Win7 project development at the same time...

CS, look around! There is serious crisis out there! Today a lot of people reconsider their investment in new hardware. Further FS development is aborted by Microsoft (by the way, they carry on their support for existing products).
And you just abandon the whole part of sure market...

IP Logged

newmanix

Reply #32 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
I just think it is sad to give up on FS9. There is nothing to loose to keep your FS9 customers happy. Now, FSX is here, and the prospects of your FS9 customers don't matter anymore.

The CS 757 is my favoriate model for FS. Sad to see that simple improvements can't be made...

And hoping all your customers go FSX is wishful thinking. There are just a few more improvements to be made for FS9.

IP Logged

jonny

Reply #33 - Jun 12th, 2009 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
imo fs9 still leads the sim world even tho there are lots of fsx users but not as much as fs9 even for addons

IP Logged

GreenViper

Reply #34 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Pilotgregster wrote on Jun 10th, 2009 at 11:56am:
.............but for the sake of the (still at large) FS9 user base, please release the final patch so we can get our money's worth.

/rant  Cheesy

Amen to that.
I can live with a little item here and there, but not with a plane that crashes my FS9 to the desktop every time I flew it.

IP Logged

olivier_moens

Reply #35 - Jun 21st, 2009 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Dear CS support,

I am really disapointed (upset?) to hear that I actually own a beautiful but unflyable 757 forever.

I will not buy FSX because FS9 gives me all what I need. I will not buy FSX and after that all my other addons because yours is not finished.

We don't ask another version of this plane, we just ask for a version that works.

Please provide to your customers what they have paid for.

regards

Olivier Moens, another CS disappointed customer Undecided.

IP Logged

jayel

Reply #36 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Dear Captain Sim

I'm not a big forum user but I am a big fs9 & FSX user, I have your fs9 757 PRO but I am very disappointed and surprised the VOR is INOP.
Sincerely
jayel Cry

IP Logged

jeffg

Reply #37 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
I have both versions but my laptop only will run FS9 as its not all that powerful,I would love at least a final patch for the FS9 version from Captain Sim.I understand that development for the FS9 platform is over for them but that should not leave out any patches for the FS9 product's.

JeffG

HP Pavilion Elite m9350f&&AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core&&6 gigs ram&&Nivida 9800GT &&Vista 64 Service Pack 2&&FSX with the Acceleration Pack

IP Logged

CDreier

Fly Delta Jets

Reply #38 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
The company that produces the Queen of the Skies conducted a survey several months ago asking who uses what - FS9 or FSX.  There were many hundreds of respondents and the significant majority uses FS9 and has no immediate plans to go to FSX (for varied reasons).  I'm one of those who will remain with FS9 with no plans to migrate to FSX.

It's a shame that CS abandoned the 757 before it has released the patches to make it a viable add-on.  

IP Logged

olivier_moens

Reply #39 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
jayel wrote on Jul 7th, 2009 at 8:39pm:
Dear Captain Sim

I'm not a big forum user but I am a big fs9 & FSX user, I have your fs9 757 PRO but I am very disappointed and surprised the VOR is INOP.
Sincerely
jayel Cry

hi Jayel, as on many modern Airliners (Airbus, 767, 747-400), AutoPilot VOR tracking is not possible with nav radios unless it is a localizer in a terminal procedure. You have to use the FMC instead.  Wink

Olivier

IP Logged

tetiaroa

v2.2-patch...I´d even pay $50,- for it!!!
Reply #40 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 4:30am
Print Post  
PLEASE CaptainSim,

release v2.2 of the 757 for FS9 with the fixes, you released for the FSX-version (v4.3)!!!!!

It´s so frustrating having such a brilliant bird, but not being able to fly it, because of some stupid bugs that you even know how to solve!

I´d pay you an extra $50,- just for the patch, if you released it...and I mean it!!!! - And I´m sure a lot of other users would do, too!! - So please just this last patch for FS9!!!

And if you really do release it, you can be sure, the day I´ll switch to FSX your 757 and 767 will be on top of my list of airplanes to buy!!

Best regards,
Tetiaroa!

IP Logged

col.pattex

Reply #41 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Can't understand why CS doesn't answer a single time even to say ''sorry guys, we're not able to get through"....it would be more honest and perhaps with FSXII or XIII some of us would consider to buy their new products...  Tongue

IP Logged

airmedic

Reply #42 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 1:44am
Print Post  
... FMC doesn't work either... import a flight plan, and i get a bunch of coords, no WP names, and theyre all 8NM away....  

OK CS, I'll bite.  Let's say I buy all your new-fangled FSX addons, like the 767 for instance, lets say fs11 finally comes out in whatever wrapper it may be.  Then what?  "oh we don't support FSX anymore. Get current, buy FS11."  I see where this is going. and I think the others do too.  
Randy Turner.

IP Logged

havoc04

Reply #43 - Jul 24th, 2009 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
CS what about FIXING the AIRAC cycle into the FS9 version? WHAT, the FSX version gets to use the the new AIRAC cycles but the FS9 users HAVE to use youre outdated retarded nav system?

IP Logged

dpurcell

Reply #44 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Got an e-mail this morning from CS stating..." To meet the numerous requests of our customers we have
decided to build and release one more update for the 757 Captain for discontinued FS9. We hope the version 2.2 will address some more issues to suitably complete the FS9 line of the 757 products." Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

giel

Reply #45 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Thank you very much captain sim. Looking forward to the update!!

IP Logged

Chuck B

Reply #46 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
This IS great news!  Please, please, PLEASE fix the inability to import flight plans into the FMS!  If I need to have mouse work practice, I'll spend the extra time at work.    Grin

AND, of course the CTD issue.

I for one have no intention of ever going to FSX, even thought I own it, and I have built 2 flight sim computers since FSX was released.  And now with the firing of the ACES team . . . I will continue to support FS9 payware as long as I have a (US) dollar to spend.  Cool

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #47 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Wow!!!
Fantastic news!!!!!!

Tks a lot captainsim!

Rgs

Fábio

The more you fly, the more you learn. So, don't try to fly like your mom wants: slowly and low!!!&&

IP Logged

clum

Reply #48 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Massive thanks Captain Sim. It's very commendable that you've decided to listen to us all in the end. Can't wait to get my hands on this when it's finished as it will no doubt finally put the 757 on the top tier of FS9 aircraft.

Thanks again.

IP Logged

cloudflyer

Reply #49 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
YAY!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

IP Logged

elyab

Reply #50 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Great news!!!
I know, it is not just "address some issues", but please fix fuel tanks feeding sequence (incl. APU left fuel tank usage)!
Thank you CS!

IP Logged

Rafal

Reply #51 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
What surprising and great news! Thank you, Captain Sim.
New VC flood light, fuel burn logic and the keyboard aassignments, please!  Wink

Best regards,
Rafal

IP Logged

CDreier

Fly Delta Jets

Reply #52 - Jul 28th, 2009 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
I wonder if this will be a fairly quick release, or whether we're talking about weeks or months?

IP Logged

ILEllis

Reply #53 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 5:22am
Print Post  
Hi, just a note, I've "listened" to the official posts by CS here and by the folks who are the customers after being alerted to the issue about the 757 v2.2 release via the AVSIM news. Bottomline it is good to see the reversal of CS policy at the beckening of the customer. CS should never forget that there wish for customers to "move on" to FSX and the customers demand for a product or fix is what determines what goes on the dinner plate and pays the bills (if the CS goal is to make a living like so many hard working people). Another aspect of this is that other customers like me who enjoy their product (especially the ones that do tend to work well) want to see CS succeed and fair well.

Think about this, CS has recently released the base pack for the 767 and there are many other "blocks" to go. News about not fixing the 757 would not be something many customers would forget so easily. Why would anyone want to be burned twice? Seems like companies, banks, and crooked people are getting away with ripping off decent hard working people everywhere. So it is good to see CS be responsible to the customers, and I for one will keep this in mind when making my next purchase.

BTW, will you consider a boxed version of the 707 and 727 in both the FS9 and FSX flavors? I have the boxed versions of the C-130 and 757 (and I hope like others to finally fly the 757 from point A to B without a CTD). I'd buy the boxed versions of the 707 and 727 in a heartbeat but thats just me. Puts the beans on the plate though.

ILEllis

IP Logged

Yeah

Reply #54 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Thank you CaptainSim for updating the 757. Here are a couple of problems I feel need to be addressed...

Fuel Burn (I can go from KJFK-KSFO on like 4 or 5k lbs of fuel.)
Autoland is too rough (in real life it'd probably damage the aircraft.)

These are just a couple of things I feel need fixing. There's probably others that I haven't noticed though.

IP Logged

GreenViper

Reply #55 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 6:32am
Print Post  
A very big and sincere THANK YOU!  to a wise descision made considering the widespread fanbase for FS9 that's still in use.

Thanks CS!

IP Logged

Rosario Manzo

Reply #56 - Jul 29th, 2009 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Cracking news, CaptainSim, thank you so much!
Please, if it isn't already on your task list, fix the fuel burn issue.
Thank you again!

Regards
Rosario Manzo, IT

IP Logged

airmedic

Reply #57 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Thank you and good night!!! 

Seriously though, this is excellent news!  Thanks for listening Captain Sim!!

IP Logged

jlinares

Reply #58 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Wow, this is in fact a good news. I think that the 757 requires aminor but relevant fixes to be one of the best aircraft ever made.  CS don't forget the VOR issue.

Javier Linares

IP Logged

phoenix

757 enthusiast

Reply #59 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
And when this patch shall be, approx?  Roll Eyes
I didn't received this message from the CS, so I do not know how long it usually takes time between the notification and patch presentations.

Best regards, Stanislav&&http://www.avsim.su/&&&&;
IP Logged

newmanix

Reply #60 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 8:05am
Print Post  
I didn't get the email nor do I see any confirmation from CS staff in this post on anywhere in the forums or site confirming a FS9 CS757 update. Is everyone here just saying thanks  here based on one guys post? Are there others that can confirm getting this email?

Did I miss something?? And what is the update to include.

Sorry if I missed it.

IP Logged

giel

Reply #61 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 8:43am
Print Post  
I want to confirm that i received the email as well. I remember that you had to check the box to receive mail from captainsim when registering on the forum, maybe that is why some don't get the email.

Regards,

Giel

IP Logged

newmanix

Reply #62 - Aug 1st, 2009 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Ah I see! Thank you giel. And thank you Captain Sim staff for doing this, this is wonderful customer service!! I love my 757 experience!!

Cheers!

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #63 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Thanks CS !

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

captain black

Reply #64 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Aye. VATSIM almost requires FS9. Captain Sim you have to realize over 50% of users use FS9 still!  We need 757 for FS9 patched!

IP Logged

CDreier

Fly Delta Jets

Reply #65 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
I don't think this is proprietary so I'll share it.  I'm a member and captain (B752) at Delta Virtual.  My airline keeps statistics of use.  Last month (July) 22,610 flight hours were recorded at DVA.  That consists of 8,225 legs.  Of these, 5,315 legs were flown using FS9 (64.6%) and 2,876 legs were flown with FSX (35%).  The remaining 33 legs were flown using "other" such as 2002 (0.04%).  So, 64/35 FS9 to FSX!  I think this is a good indicator of the popularity of FS9 and developers would do well to recognize these ratios!   Smiley

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #66 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Interesting stats !

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

Joshilini

FS9 User

Reply #67 - Aug 7th, 2009 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
I'm glad CS are going to focus on an update for the FS9 757. CS needs to remember that not everybody uses FSX. It's basically like designing a website which only works properly in IE (and not accommodating for firefox and opera users).

Cannot wait until the update is released.

IP Logged

Drk_Pilot21

FS9 User

Reply #68 - Aug 8th, 2009 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
I for one can't wait either. I am an owner of the entire FS9 757 line. So I am keeping my fingers crossed but not my hopes. I can actually say that I would be glad to wait for this update. This is one of those things that I would prefer to wait a few months for.

On a side note, I think CS should do a survey.  Blushing sheep, the creators of Dispatch Planner, went to a site inwhich they could create there own survey and view the end results online. They asked some great questions and left comment sections were needed.
If CS would like to see what the customers and non-customers feel about CS currently, the FS version they use, and were they should head, maybe they should creat an in depth survey and email to there customers and head over to avsim and vatsim to send  a link. Get real and current stats on everything CS. Great idea in my mind.
[EDIT]
I just realized something, if the update fixes over 99% of the known issues.... Wink... the ACE would work.....H3ll yeah!!!!!

IP Logged

tasev1

Reply #69 - Aug 12th, 2009 at 5:10am
Print Post  
I bought 757 for FS9, and I want to use it there. I DO NOT want to buy it for FSX, regardless if they say it's good there or not.  I just don't trust the product line any more.  FS9 is for the airliners, FSX is for general aviation on my computer.  I don't have the performance to be running major products on my system.

So, yes, thank you for announcing an update (and who knows how long it will take).

I feel like I bought a new car in 2000, but I can't drive it until 2010, except around the block.

IP Logged

phoenix

757 enthusiast

Reply #70 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 7:41am
Print Post  
So, v1.2 released  for the 767 FSX, but still nothing for 757 F9 .
Although news about these updates presented for both in one e-mail - for 767 FSX and 757 FS9.
Still waiting.  Roll Eyes

+1 to above opinions concerning FS9 support. I would add for myself, that it will be for FS9 tech support and for AIRAC navdata too.

IP Logged

jlinares

Reply #71 - Sep 1st, 2009 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Dear Captain sim, thank you for the updates calendar, I'm glad to read that the update will be on september.

Will be expecting this update.

Regards
Javier Linares

IP Logged

Gradl

Reply #72 - Sep 2nd, 2009 at 4:54am
Print Post  
Indeed a very nice gadget Cheesy, looking forward to see an "final" update. But please CS take your time and give us a 100% working system.

Remind of the qualitive simulation, wich is approaching. Show them who is the real Captain.

IP Logged

Captain_Proton

Reply #73 - Sep 3rd, 2009 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
phoenix wrote on Aug 29th, 2009 at 7:41am:
So, v1.2 released  for the 767 FSX, but still nothing for 757 F9 .
Although news about these updates presented for both in one e-mail - for 767 FSX and 757 FS9.
Still waiting.  Roll Eyes

+1 to above opinions concerning FS9 support. I would add for myself, that it will be for FS9 tech support and for AIRAC navdata too.

I used the FSX navdata for the FS9 version and had no problems with her .  Smiley

IP Logged

phoenix

757 enthusiast

Reply #74 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
We did it!  Cheesy
SP 2.2 released, but due is too late fore test and all fix checks (midnight in MOW), therefore, I'll check it all asap.
Yeah, great news! See fixes and enhancements list there.
Thanks, CS  Cool

IP Logged

Rosario Manzo

Reply #75 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Thank you for the update Captain Sim. Will make a test flight in a few hours.

Regards
Rosario Manzo, IT

IP Logged

phoenix

757 enthusiast

Reply #76 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 11:04am
Print Post  
So, major bug has not corrected:
- engines startup possible via L/R ENG BLEED AIR swithes on o/h only
- autoland terrible  Huh. Pitch rocking, descent not maintained correctly, smoothly, touchdown with  -1000ft/min, w/o flareout.
Really sadly. And what next? It's last update for FS9 version, but who will fis all these bugs?...

IP Logged

giel

Reply #77 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 11:10am
Print Post  
also the course deviation indicator on the hsi still does not work for vor mode.
Each time when i manually select a heading the aircraft overshoots the heading by about 30 degrees before turning back the other way again to intercept the heading again.

I have done two reinstalls but that didn't help.

I hope somebody knows how to fix these problems

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #78 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
phoenix wrote on Sep 9th, 2009 at 11:04am:
Really sadly. And what next? It's last update for FS9 version, but who will fis all these bugs?...

Thank you for your "thank you" for the 79 lines done list on the 9,99 product.

Anyways, the 2.2 is our last release for FS9. For more information on the future of FS9 products please read KB#1004.

IP Logged

giel

Reply #79 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
don't get me wrong captain sim, I'm very pleased with your product (should have mentioned that). Just a few more issues are still there i was just wondering if some one knew the answers to them

giel

IP Logged

giel

Reply #80 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
but by the way:

You always refer to a 9,99 product but i paid (and a lot more people i think) more when i bought the base pack, freighter, 300 model and the ace pack seperatley in 2007.

So i invested a lot more money in it, because there were no discount prices at that time.

So the effort your doing is not for a 9,99 product for for some people for a far more expensive product.

regards, giel

IP Logged

xvegancrewx

Reply #81 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
So, after install 2.2 I have a big decrease of FPS. In 2.1 it was 35-40. But in 2.2 it is not more 10.   Sad

IP Logged

Rosario Manzo

Reply #82 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Now testing on a long haul flight over IVAO network.
I'm writing while cruising.
Started cold and dark, setup the a/c as per manual normal operations. All CDU ops went fine, all SIDs and STARs were there, planned the route manually with no probs at all. The radios work ok.
Performed a derated t/o (using UTOPIA values) and a smooth climb to planned flight level F380. Also made a step climb to F400. Fuel flows correctly (center first) and the consumption prediction is ok.

What I have noticed:
the gear lever doesn't go to stop position... I put it there but she comes back to up position;
the ceiling for the 752 should be F410, but the CDU is planning a step to F420.

Obviously, just minor issues. I think I finally will have a lot of fun with this lady.

Nice work, Captain Sim!  Wink

Edit: managed to set the gear lever to stop!!!  Smiley

Regards
Rosario Manzo, IT

IP Logged

Mike W

Reply #83 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Hopefully I am doing something wrong. When I import my flightplan into the CDU (created by FS Build) I'm not getting the waypoint names. Just like pre-patch. Was this on the list for repair?

IP Logged

rb211

Reply #84 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
The service ceiling for the 752 is 42000 (Boeing specs).

Phoenix - are you referring to having to use the start switches instead of ctrl+e?  If so, I would rather stick to realism.

Thanks Captain Sim for the update!

IP Logged

jayel

Reply #85 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
thanks a bunch captain sim for the update, but I see VOR still inop. why then does it appear on the fix list ?
jayel

IP Logged

phoenix

757 enthusiast

Reply #86 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 7:23am
Print Post  
rb211 wrote on Sep 9th, 2009 at 10:27pm:

Phoenix - are you referring to having to use the start switches instead of ctrl+e?  If so, I would rather stick to realism.

Thanks Captain Sim for the update!  

No,no, I meant that engine statring still possible if L/R ENG BLEED AIR swithes are ON only, it's not as in real life. In reality, they should not be ON, there are engine bleed air valves

Captain Sim wrote on Sep 9th, 2009 at 2:21pm:
phoenix wrote on Sep 9th, 2009 at 11:04am:

Thank you for your "thank you" for the 79 lines done list on the 9,99 product.

Anyways, the 2.2 is our last release for FS9. For more information on the future of FS9 products please read KB#1004.

Dear support,
I see no reason for resentments from your side,
you have not done what we asked to do,  but these bugs were known. Please correct'em, and all users will really happy about this, and nobody will tell you a word of disappointment.

IP Logged

Rosario Manzo

Reply #87 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 9:36am
Print Post  
rb211 wrote on Sep 9th, 2009 at 10:27pm:

Ok, thanks for the hint.  Wink

The long haul I started yesterday did not give me any problems. I also did a short haul from EDDL to LIMC with no probs at all.
I did use VOR also, it is fully operative.

@phoenix: i'm not sure engine bleed air valves should be off during startup, could you please argue with that? I'm interested in it, as you can startup another company 767 also with eng air bleeds on. Thanks in advance.

Once again, thank you CaptainSim for the update, it well fits my needs.

Regards
Rosario Manzo, IT

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #88 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Thank you so much Captainsim!

!'m going to make a full test this weekend and see that revamped lady getting in the air!

Regards

Fábio

The more you fly, the more you learn. So, don't try to fly like your mom wants: slowly and low!!!&&

IP Logged

giel

Reply #89 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 10:50am
Print Post  
so rosario,

You're course diviation indicator does work when you select hsi to vor mode?

giel

IP Logged

Rosario Manzo

Reply #90 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
giel wrote on Sep 10th, 2009 at 10:50am:
so rosario,
You're course diviation indicator does work when you select hsi to vor mode?
giel

AFAIK yes. Anyway I will check again ASAP and will let you know.

Regards
Rosario Manzo, IT

IP Logged

giel

Reply #91 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
oke thanks, looking foreward to you're reaction

giel

IP Logged

jayel

Reply #92 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Rosario, can you post a screenshot of the HSI in VOR mode with VOR and not ILS indicated on the bottom left and the central bar offset from the course indicator. I ask knowing that I will not see this - there is no life in the VOR, wishful thinking will not make it work. We mean VOR and not ILS!
my intention is not to highlight problems that remove enjoyment of the product from you but simply to confirm for me that I should not be wasting valuable time on this anymore.
jayel

IP Logged

jlinares

Reply #93 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Thank you Captain Sim for the update 2.2 of B757, I will try it tonight.

Javier Linares

IP Logged

phoenix

757 enthusiast

Reply #94 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
VOR deviation on EHSI not working.
Anyways, all these are no more matter, alas. Support of FS9 757 discontinued. Here is true "friendly" attitude towards customers.

IP Logged

Rosario Manzo

Reply #95 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
jayel wrote on Sep 10th, 2009 at 3:52pm:
Rosario, can you post a screenshot...

Checked VOR course deviation on EHSI: NOT working.

Regards
Rosario Manzo, IT

IP Logged

giel

Reply #96 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
oke thank you rosario, phoenix and jayel. Now i know it is not my system.

giel

IP Logged

g7usl

Reply #97 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Captain Sim, I run the largest Flightsim Group in the world and we are 55 Members with regular attendances www.swfsg.co.uk I can tell you now that 95% of our members are STILL USING FS9.

For the aircraft (Airliners) you will find that FS9 is still the hardcore of simmers and FSX is just for VFR trips and guys that are just happy flying 'circuits'.

You need to accomodate FS9 users if you want to make money with addons as this sim has a better future and the fact that millions already have purchased so many addons for FS9 they are not about to give them us in the near future.

Moreover, the fact that another sim isn't even on the horizon, let alone been spoken about means that FS9 will live on forever. Cool

IP Logged

g7usl

Reply #98 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 10:22am
Print Post  
jlinares wrote on Sep 10th, 2009 at 7:51pm:
Thank you Captain Sim for the update 2.2 of B757, I will try it tonight.

Javier Linares

where is it please?

IP Logged

jlinares

Reply #99 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
You can find instructions for download the update here: http://www.captainsim.com/products/b757/sp22.html

But, I reinstaled yesterday this new version but tha main problem to me continue, the VOR is not working.   Embarrassed

Regards.

Javier Linares

IP Logged

amalishkin

Reply #100 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Javier,

i just tested it on 2.2 version and it works perfectly as it should, please make sure you tune your VOR on the central console, right under the XPonder in VC, or the ILS Panel in 2D, do not use the Radio stack panel as it will not tune the VOR/HSI.

hope this helps

andrei malishkin

jlinares wrote on Sep 11th, 2009 at 12:52pm:
You can find instructions for download the update here: http://www.captainsim.com/products/b757/sp22.html

But, I reinstaled yesterday this new version but tha main problem to me continue, the VOR is not working.   Embarrassed

Regards.

Javier Linares

IP Logged

jlinares

Reply #101 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Thank you Andrei, I will reinstall the Aircraft and try again, and I'm really ansius to confirm you explanation.

Regards

Javier Linares

IP Logged

jetter

Reply #102 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Captainsim please fix the vor. All other problems I faced are fixed. So thank you so much.
However, the vor not working really bugs me.

Quote:
i just tested it on 2.2 version and it works perfectly as it should, please make sure you tune your VOR on the central console, right under the XPonder in VC, or the ILS Panel in 2D, do not use the Radio stack panel as it will not tune the VOR/HSI.

But thats the ils panel. All that does is tune the ils in the hsi not the vor.
Using the vor panel next to the mcp moves the vor around but no deflection, the deflection thing in the middle is always highlighted.

Regards
Dillon Grin

IP Logged

Yeah

Reply #103 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 5:21am
Print Post  
Is anyone else having a problem with v2.2 where if you click within the FMC screen, you get a CTD?

IP Logged

KaEn

Reply #104 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 9:52am
Print Post  
VOR/HSI works correcty, but as amalishkin wrote it's a rather padio stack panel bug, not VOR-HSI itself. Setting it in VC works perfectly.

EDIT: triple checked that - VOR/HSI works perfectly with me no matter where i set the VOR fq.

IP Logged

phoenix

757 enthusiast

Reply #105 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
But if I don't use VC?

IP Logged

Joeflyer

Reply #106 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Well, I see that importing a flight plan from FS9 is still the same old Lat/Long coordinates in the CDU. I thought this was corrected in version 2.2? So we still have to manually input all waypoints,eh?

&&

IP Logged

KaEn

Reply #107 - Sep 12th, 2009 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
phoenix wrote on Sep 12th, 2009 at 2:44pm:
But if I don't use VC?

My first comment about VOR was before re-booting after v2.2 installation. After the re-boot (i have no idea if it makes any diffrence) everything works as it should, both in VC and 2D panel.

IP Logged

giel

Reply #108 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
it does not matter, i rebooted also but the problem with the vor is there anyway

IP Logged

giel

Reply #109 - Sep 13th, 2009 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
and i also tested the vor in vc cockpit, doesn't work for me either

IP Logged

phoenix

757 enthusiast

Reply #110 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Huh

IP Logged

jlinares

Reply #111 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
It's wired that the VOR doesn't works fine for all that have V2.2, There's a trick to install the update? may be old archives still working on my PC avoiding the VOR fix.

Who knows?

Regards

Javier Linares

IP Logged

KaEn

Reply #112 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
The correct way to install v2.2 is to uninstall all previously installed versions of this bird, and them make clear installation using the installer from Extedned Download section - maybe some of you have installed the 2.2 without uninstalling the previous ones?
After proper installation i have absolutely no problems with VOR/HSI, although after the first launch of FS after 757 installation it worked only after setting the VOR fq in VC.

IP Logged

windycloud

Reply #113 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
I just purchased the 757 last night.  Same problem for me.  The HSI CDI needle is INOP under VOR mode.

Other than this one bug, I also had 3 to 4 CTDs.  One happened when I was trying to tune a VOR course in the FMS, and another happened when I exited FS9.

Overall, it's a fantastic plane.  And it's needless to say that it's a great deal as well for the price.

Jason

PPL IR SEL MEL

IP Logged

windycloud

Reply #114 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Hi KaEn, could you please post a screenshot of the HSI working properly under VOR mode? Not that I don't believe you, I just would like to see it working with my own eyes before I spend more efforts troubleshooting.

Thanks!!

jason

IP Logged

KaEn

Reply #115 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
windycloud wrote on Sep 14th, 2009 at 2:12pm:
Hi KaEn, could you please post a screenshot of the HSI working properly under VOR mode? Not that I don't believe you, I just would like to see it working with my own eyes before I spend more efforts troubleshooting.

Thanks!!

jason

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed I am really embarassed... I completely misunderstood the problem. My friend from polish forum told me what the exact problem is... I was thinking all the time that we are talking about STBY HSI, didn't catch that part about deviation indicator. That was mainly because the STBY HSI didn't work in my case directly after installation and somehow i thought that we are talking all the time about it... Sorry guys for all misleading posts. And of course i confirm that HSI VOR mode doesn't work.  Embarrassed

All we can hope for is that this major bug will cause another fix from CS, without VOR this plane is quite useless...

IP Logged

windycloud

Reply #116 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Thanks KaEn.  So far it sounds like this is the ONLY bug left that bothers people.  I truly hope that CS will release a quick fix for this.  It will COMPLETE this fantastic plane for FS9.

IP Logged

jlinares

Reply #117 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Definitely

IP Logged

giel

Reply #118 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
i agree

IP Logged

KaEn

Reply #119 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
windycloud wrote on Sep 14th, 2009 at 6:15pm:
Thanks KaEn.  So far it sounds like this is the ONLY bug left that bothers people.  I truly hope that CS will release a quick fix for this.  It will COMPLETE this fantastic plane for FS9.

The problem is that it is a really major bug. Without VOR flying on VATSIM is impossible sometimes.

IP Logged

Rosario Manzo

Reply #120 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 7:25am
Print Post  
windycloud wrote on Sep 14th, 2009 at 6:15pm:
Thanks KaEn.  So far it sounds like this is the ONLY bug left that bothers people.  I truly hope that CS will release a quick fix for this.  It will COMPLETE this fantastic plane for FS9.

I do agree.

Regards
Rosario Manzo, IT

IP Logged

jlinares

Reply #121 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
In the items list to be fix are the VOR/OBS, I supose that this major bug have to be fixed with this update (v2.2).

- ADF switches synchronization
- 2D Video light fix
- Startup PACK CONTROL fix
- VOR/OBS fix
- Gen Drive Disc fix
- VC IAS fix

Regards
Javier Linares

IP Logged

phil66

Reply #122 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 7:38pm