Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
 25 v2.2 (Read 72529 times)
bobde

Re: v2.2
Reply #15 - May 21st, 2009 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
bobde wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 9:24pm:
Perhaps we should keep this topic as civil as possible, otherwise CS might lock or delete this thread...and we really don't want to give them any excuse to do that...do we?

Just MAYBE...if enough customers respond to this topic (in a logical and civil manner, that is) they will have a change of heart...of course I know that nobody is holding their breath...least of all me...but it's our only recourse at this point.

Try and remember that for every "boycott" post there are many more that agree with the sentiment but fail to actually reply with their own opinion. Only CS has the ability to extrapolate the actual statistics involved but when it reaches a "critical mass" they may realize it's in their own best interest to "finish" the project.

By the way, CS, I'm really not trying to "incite a riot" or any other type of "civil" disobedience...I'm just trying to provide you with some important feedback on your possible lack of insight.

Regards to all,

Robert M. DeLorenzo

The three posts before I wrote the above one were in fact removed by CS...not because of what they said but HOW they said it.

In essence they were about not buying any future products from CS...but they were so inflamatory in their language that CS (rightfully so, in one case) had an excuse to delete them.

Don't make the same mistake! Keep your posts civil and to the point...no rants! We need all the support we can get.

Regards to all,

Robert M. DeLorenzo

IP Logged

rb211

Reply #16 - May 22nd, 2009 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 11:23am:
rb211 wrote on May 19th, 2009 at 10:38pm:
Nope - they gave up on us.

No, we just "gave up" on outdated and having no prospects FS version (FS9) and sincerely hope all of you will use FSX one day.

In fact - you did give up on us.  Here's the problem:

I bought my copies of the 757 back when you first introduced them.  I waited the years for the F block (patiently I might add - I wasn't one of the ones constantly bombarding you with "when is it going to be done").  I bought these under the assumption that you were going to finally release F, and I would have a fully functional aircraft.  I didn't complain when all of the bugs in F were found.  I waited patiently. 

Somewhere along the way I remember you saying that you were going to finish the FS9 version.  You didn't.  Instead you decided to concentrate on FSX and leave us with an incomplete product.

And by the way - I didn't buy these at the current "bargain" prices.  I paid FULL price for them - as they were released.  So your price analogy is irrelevant to those of us who purchased your products before the FS9 garage sale.

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #17 - May 22nd, 2009 at 2:38am
Print Post  
rb211 wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 1:41am:
Captain Sim wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 11:23am:
rb211 wrote on May 19th, 2009 at 10:38pm:
Nope - they gave up on us.

No, we just "gave up" on outdated and having no prospects FS version (FS9) and sincerely hope all of you will use FSX one day.

In fact - you did give up on us.  Here's the problem:

I bought my copies of the 757 back when you first introduced them.  I waited the years for the F block (patiently I might add - I wasn't one of the ones constantly bombarding you with "when is it going to be done").  I bought these under the assumption that you were going to finally release F, and I would have a fully functional aircraft.  I didn't complain when all of the bugs in F were found.  I waited patiently.  

Somewhere along the way I remember you saying that you were going to finish the FS9 version.  You didn't.  Instead you decided to concentrate on FSX and leave us with an incomplete product.

And by the way - I didn't buy these at the current "bargain" prices.  I paid FULL price for them - as they were released.  So your price analogy is irrelevant to those of us who purchased your products before the FS9 garage sale.

Excellent post...totally agree.

IP Logged

GGLurch

Reply #18 - May 22nd, 2009 at 7:40am
Print Post  
Well i got the 757 4 weeks ago using this bargain campain. I read about and monitored this plane for a very long time waiting for new reviews (should have listened to the one saying the truth Grin) and forum entries. I now was thinking - ok - it got to work now -  well - it is unflyable for me. (and i am talking about a new, clean FS9 install with only the 757 installed -  and because it obviously works for some it got to be a language problem of the OS/FS install!  Smiley)

Ok financially it is not the end of the world for me - it is just a lesson learned to put more trust into the community than reviews - but i am not happy anyway. I am sorry for the guys here sticking with this project right from the beginning and paying full price throughout the years in good faith and commitment - and personally i find that policy/behaviour just plain unfair - and not particular clever economy wise.

Dont get me wrong - i totally understand, that support for products has to end eventually - however it should get at least to a usable stage of development. The pure number of costumers reporting problems must be taking into considerations because - honestly - even if all of them are switching to FSX - not all of them will buy at CS anymore. Not because it might take years for your products to complete but the way CS handles these projects.

Actually - after all this time - i start believing, that this project can not be finished for FS9 - not because CS does not want it anymore - but because it is not possible from the programming perspective. CS has great planes - so they know how to design and program. The number of ground features and the visuals of the 757 are just stunning - it just cant fly - and maybe it is too late for this... but then just be honest and take it off your website.

And - by the way - for the price i paid for the whole 757 package i could have bought FSX...   Smiley

IP Logged

GreenViper

Reply #19 - May 22nd, 2009 at 10:33am
Print Post  
I for one upgraded my system 6 months ago to a top notch one that runs FS9 with blasting framerates.
I have FSX laying around here somewhere but after the first install I removed it again.
My FS9 has lot's of great addon planes and scenery so setting up for FSX again would take way to much time and effort.
And now with the way things are going at Microsoft I'll stick to FS9 and that's it. I even tend to think that there will be lot's of other FS enthousiasts around the world that will do the same.
So yes, I would love for CS to keep FS9 support up.... Just look at other great addon plane and scenery designers, they do !?!

TCA2050

IP Logged

fd728

Reply #20 - May 22nd, 2009 at 11:59am
Print Post  
I'm a disappointed customer of a two years old car. Before the purchase, everything looked bright, but in the end nothing ever made me happy. Many things broke down, the maintenance people had problems fixing it and many other things made me unhappy. So when moving on to a new car, I will certainly switch to a different brand.

Conclusion: A disappointed FS9-757 customer eventually moving to FSX might refrain from buying addons again from CS.

Please, CS, listen to your customers, work on an update and turn your customers into happy loyal customers, who will be happy to buy future products from you because they know, you will care and offer support.

Regards, Manu

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #21 - May 22nd, 2009 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
fd728 wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 11:59am:
I'm a disappointed customer of a two years old car. Before the purchase, everything looked bright, but in the end nothing ever made me happy. Many things broke down, the maintenance people had problems fixing it and many other things made me unhappy. So when moving on to a new car, I will certainly switch to a different brand.

Conclusion: A disappointed FS9-757 customer eventually moving to FSX might refrain from buying addons again from CS.

Please, CS, listen to your customers, work on an update and turn your customers into happy loyal customers, who will be happy to buy future products from you because they know, you will care and offer support.

Regards, Manu

Great post!!!...LOL

IP Logged

amalishkin

Reply #22 - May 23rd, 2009 at 6:08am
Print Post  
I can see CS if you were to release new product and state that you will no longer support FS9 but you released the FS9 product first with full list of bugs, and now just finihsing cleaning them up in FSX version while telling us customers to bad you got the FS9 version because we stopped support for it,  how about u fix the original product we are not asking for a new product we are asking for a fix on existent product, and in reality you do not stop support of product that u released in less then a year and then moved to fsx.

alot of us unhappy about this perhaps you should listen to your customers after all we are the ones that do buy and express itnerest in your product keep pissing us off and u will end up with no customers.  And NO FS9 is not dead ok.

IP Logged

jose88

Reply #23 - May 25th, 2009 at 12:08am
Print Post  
amalishkin wrote on May 23rd, 2009 at 6:08am:
I can see CS if you were to release new product and state that you will no longer support FS9 but you released the FS9 product first with full list of bugs, and now just finihsing cleaning them up in FSX version while telling us customers to bad you got the FS9 version because we stopped support for it,  how about u fix the original product we are not asking for a new product we are asking for a fix on existent product, and in reality you do not stop support of product that u released in less then a year and then moved to fsx.

alot of us unhappy about this perhaps you should listen to your customers after all we are the ones that do buy and express itnerest in your product keep pissing us off and u will end up with no customers.  And NO FS9 is not dead ok.  

YES YES YES!!!  Wink I agree!!!

I request a new update to correct bugs in FS9 version!!! Same with 4.3 FSX ...

There are many people using FS9 today ...

IP Logged

clum

Reply #24 - May 25th, 2009 at 3:17am
Print Post  
I couldn't agree with all what has been said in this post more. I can understand your reasoning to an extent that you want to focus on a simulator that certainly is the future, but it's not fsx's day yet. It's wrong of you I feel to try and almost force people to move to fsx if they are quite happy with remaining on fs9 until the proper hardware and addons come along that can run fsx to a good standard.

PLEASE listen to your customers, as without these people whom you are simply annoyed by requesting your help to fix a product, your company would simply not exist. Remember that these same people who are asking for help now will be the same ones all getting their credit cards out to pot money in your pockets when they finally do move to fsx. Treat these customers badly and you will lose money.....and no doubt a lot more than it would cost to spend a short time producing a small patch.

We're not asking for something that is going to require much time or expense on your part so please make the effort, make your customers satisfied, make yourself more money in the long run!

Hopefully you're not to stubborn to really consider our points.

Cheers.

IP Logged

Tobias Niederhauser

Reply #25 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 10:50am
Print Post  
I think it's important to release that final upgrade for the FS9 757.
cheers,
tobi

IP Logged

cloudflyer

Reply #26 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim,
It would be in your best interest to provide quality customer support. I'm positive there are many simmers who purchase products and find they are not happy with it. Be it scenery, aircraft or utility addons, if the product does not function like it should, they are entitled to 1. a refund, 2. do nothing and forget it was purchased, or 3. trust that the developer will correct the major problems so it's an enjoyable purchase. The last option goes a long way to ensure repeat business.
I could find the CS757 to be one of the best aircraft I have purchased. However, since the 2.1 update, the VOR function was removed and that is a major issue. The fact that it did work prior to the update indicates it is probably something simple to correct. We were told that a NAVDATA update was to be available but there is none. If those two items were fixed I would have nothing but praise for Captain Sim, but at this point I hesitate from purchasing any other aircraft even at the deeply discounted FS9 prices.
The thousands who still use FS9 are not asking for much, just what is good business practice.

Michael

IP Logged

GreenViper

Reply #27 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
With MS stopped the further development, a new Sim is years away.
So this will mean undoubdedly that lot's of people still using FS9 to great content will remain doing so... no urge to update to FSX.
By taking that decision MS extended the life of FS9 for years to come !!!!
So likewise other great addon developers (I won't name them all here to avoid the reply being removed) all remain supporting FS9 so I don't see why CS shouln't.

I'm a Quality Manager in real life, and I can say in business you can't treat your customers this way or it will bounce back on you.

IP Logged

Pilotgregster

Reply #28 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Just thought I'd bring this back to the top. I also think that it's very important for CS to release the final patch for FS9. Like many other people, I purchased the 757 way, way, WAY back around the time of it's first release. I think we've been waiting long enough now for a bug free and complete product now. You can't just abandon us.

I don't really understand why many FS developers are ditching FS9. Okay yes, new development opportunities, but many polls/surveys suggest that FS9 is still very popular, if not more popular than FSX. I haven't moved to FSX, because:

1) Despite buying a new computer 6 months ago, I STILL can't run it with more than 10 FPS.

2) After FSX was released, a lot of the FS developers started asking for MORE money to get updates. I'm not spending MORE money to buy the same product for a different platform.

3) Without buying more add-ons the stock FSX environment looks a toy-land. It looks very artificial.

So therefore, I stick to FS9. It runs smooth (very important for a simulator), looks great, and I don't have to spend anymore on products I already own.

I don't care what else you do in the future (because I'm unlikely to buy another CS product anyway. The whole extended 757 release was a total mess imo), but for the sake of the (still at large) FS9 user base, please release the final patch so we can get our money's worth.

/rant  Cheesy

IP Logged

jonny

Reply #29 - Jun 10th, 2009 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
i also agree that a final update for the fs9 757 should be released

thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top