Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
 25 v2.2 (Read 72733 times)
tetiaroa

v2.2
May 19th, 2009 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Any chance for a v2.2 of the 757 for FS9 with the same changes as v4.3 for FSX?

I would honestly love you for that!!

Regards,
Tetiaroa

IP Logged

rb211

Re: v2.2
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2009 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Nope - they gave up on us.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2009 at 11:23am
Print Post  
rb211 wrote on May 19th, 2009 at 10:38pm:

No, we just "gave up" on outdated and having no prospects FS version (FS9) and sincerely hope all of you will use FSX one day.

IP Logged

razorhead

United we stand and YES
we can...

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2009 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 11:23am:

No, we just "gave up" on outdated and having no prospects FS version (FS9) and sincerely hope all of you will use FSX one day.

I would like to, when I bought a new PC one day.... Wink

Kind regards&&Capt. Frank Rose

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2009 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 11:23am:

I just want to make sure I understand Captain Sims official position on a final upgrade to the FS9 version of the 757...

Customers, like myself...who orignally may have bought the 757 way back when, using your nearly incomprehensible "block" system...before there even was a 757 for FSX, I might add...and thereby providing you with the capital for the research and development of a fully operational version for FSX...are not going to have access to the same upgrades provided to the customers who bought the FSX product yesterday?

This seems to be a very disrespectful and heartless way to pay a loyal customer back...and an ultimately self-defeating business practice...because no matter how great a product you produce in the future I for one, will never buy another CS simulation.

In more legal terms...you failed to make me "whole" as a customer, after promising a fully functional product...because it isn't economically viable for you to do at this time...and after you have accepted payment. Sounds like a breach of contract that is turning into a "bait and switch" business tactic to me...Not very pretty. By the way,I am not saying you did this on purpose, I'm only trying to convey how it feels.

But more importantly, from a customers point of view, it is at the very least...a breach of trust.

I made the commitment to support your development of the original 757 project with the expectation that I would eventually be flying a really great addon...for FS9...not FSX!!!

Customers like myself who are willing to take a chance on an "unfinished" product in its early developmental stages are not as easy to come by as you might think...

Think long and hard about your next complicated project that may require years to complete...who is going to want to take that chance again and end up with an incomplete product simply because a new version of flight simulator (in what ever form it will take) has been released.

Please say that you will reconsider your official position. Complete the FS9 757 project and then end development for the platform.

Do the right thing...don't leave loyal customers with a "half baked" product. Finish what you have started!

Respectfully,

Robert M. DeLorenzo

IP Logged

tetiaroa

Reply #5 - May 20th, 2009 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
You´re totally right Robert, I can only second that!

PLEASE release this final update for FS9 as well!!!

Some of us just cannot afford to switch to FSX at this time - they might eventually (maybe next year or even later than that) - but in the meantime it´s just not fair to leave them with an unfinished product, when they have paid for a PROFESSIONAL addon!

Regards,
-Tetiaroa

IP Logged

jse516

Reply #6 - May 20th, 2009 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
I also completely agree, Robert. I purchased this product for Fs9 and have patiently waited 3 years for it to be finished only to learn that it will not be completed is very disappointing.

FSX is a nice platform but even with a pretty decent system (Q9650-GTX285-4GBRAM) I still cannot achieve butter smooth approaches at large airports with heavies, unless I tune the sliders down which results in it looking equal to Fs9.
Also I have far more invested in Fs9 as far as airport add-ons and scenery and continue to add new stuff all the time. For me and my style of flying, using Fs9 the performance is superior, add-on airports look nearly identical and flying at high altitude which is where i'm at most of the time there is very little visual difference. I don't stare at the external view so I don't really care about bump mapping or real time shadows etc... I'm sure some people are into this but for me its about simulating flight to the highest level possible.

I can only express my disappointment with CS & my 757 experience and hope you change your minds, until then I also will refrain from any future purchases from CS.

John

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #7 - May 20th, 2009 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
We do understand and share FS9 users' feelings, but we announced the Block F (757 2.0) to be the last FS9 release years ago. So there was no tricks or surprises. Our clear message was(is): Keep current - switch to FSX!
We even released version 2.1 extra.

Unfortunately we cannot afford working for two quite different platforms anymore.
So development for FS9 is over (long time ago), all FS9 titles are at bargain sale for 9.99 as is.
There is no way back, we have to move forward.

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #8 - May 20th, 2009 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 4:18pm:
We do understand and share FS9 users' feelings, but we announced the Block F (757 2.0) to be the last FS9 release years ago. So there was no tricks or surprises. Our clear message was(is): Keep current - switch to FSX!
We even released version 2.1 extra.

Unfortunately we cannot afford working for two quite different platforms anymore.
So development for FS9 is over (long time ago), all FS9 titles are at bargain sale for 9.99 as is.

You've got to be kidding me...We're not asking for 3.0 for goodness sakes!! 2.0 to 2.1 is basicaly the same release very few bug fixes fixed anything...the FMC is still a mess etc.

Your position is totally illogical and patently ridiculous...once you put out a version of something you have to support it!!!

Imagine if Mercedes Benz put out a car and many of the transmissons didn't work correctly...would they say: sorry we can't afford to work on two different model years at the same time, you'll have to purchase next year's model if you want to stay current and have a working transmission, this year's production run is over, we must move foward...they would be laughed right out of business...a fate that just may befall you in the very near future, by the way.

Really now, how many man hours would it take to transfer the bug fixes from FSX to FS9 so you keep your customers satisfied?...Ahh...I might as well be talking to a wall...you'll be moving foward alright...with a lot less customers...good luck!

Sorry for the bitter tone...it takes ALOT for me to communicate so sarcasticly...but you finally provided me with enough frustration.

With as much respect as I can muster,

Robert M. DeLorenzo

IP Logged

bobde

Reply #9 - May 20th, 2009 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Perhaps we should keep this topic as civil as possible, otherwise CS might lock or delete this thread...and we really don't want to give them any excuse to do that...do we?

Just MAYBE...if enough customers respond to this topic (in a logical and civil manner, that is) they will have a change of heart...of course I know that nobody is holding their breath...least of all me...but it's our only recourse at this point.

Try and remember that for every "boycott" post there are many more that agree with the sentiment but fail to actually reply with their own opinion. Only CS has the ability to extrapolate the actual statistics involved but when it reaches a "critical mass" they may realize it's in their own best interest to "finish" the project.

By the way, CS, I'm really not trying to "incite a riot" or any other type of "civil" disobedience...I'm just trying to provide you with some important feedback on your possible lack of insight.

Regards to all,

Robert M. DeLorenzo

IP Logged

jse516

Reply #10 - May 21st, 2009 at 2:23am
Print Post  

Hasn't the FS series been discontinued indefinitely? why wouldn't you want to grab all you can from the last remaining camps before moving forward to another flight sim brand? I find it hard to believe that the majority have moved on. Heck in a recent poll taken in my VA 493 out of 634 votes were in favor of Fs9, and we have the 757 in our fleet. Sadly because of the slow development of your 757 and its remaining issues, it still has a major CTD problem with the FMC which in turn makes it pretty much useless on VatSim, no one uses it or even owns it!

Sorry I just can't see the logic behind your business decision here?

IP Logged

Rosario Manzo

Reply #11 - May 21st, 2009 at 6:52am
Print Post  
I think that at least an "alignment" of the two FMS logics (FS9 and FSX) would be nice indeed, so that FS9 users can share the same airac cycle.
A sort of 2.1.1 version, nothing more.

Ciao!

Regards
Rosario Manzo, IT

IP Logged

giel

Reply #12 - May 21st, 2009 at 11:58am
Print Post  
I agree to rosario, just a simple update would be enough

IP Logged

jlinares

Reply #13 - May 21st, 2009 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Efectivily there's no tricks or surprises.  But it's a requeriment of a great community because a significant part of simmers still using FS9 and the aircraft for this plataform still have a several issues that need to be fixed in order to satisfied customers, for one, the VOR doesn't work and it's scencial.

Please reconsider your position and look that the update it's necesary to response to the people that thrust on you.

Regards.
Javier Linares

IP Logged

rupesh

Reply #14 - May 21st, 2009 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
yes! I would like to see an update too and this is to bump the post again and add another voice to the cause.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top