Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
A virus in TCE.exe file (Read 2758 times)
hectorp

A virus in TCE.exe file
Apr 28th, 2009 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Just activated the Legendary 707. When opening the TCE function I got a message from my avast program that the file was contaminated with a Trojan virus and had to delete it
Thinking it was the avast, I opened the Legendary B727 TCE file without problems.
Has anyone experienced this problem?
Would appreciate any help.
If the moderator of this forum thinks this message should be in the Support section, I would appreciate very much getting instructions on how to access that. I have been trying to do it but there is no way I can get in. It only shows two questions: whether not all the products are shown or if the product was in CD/DVD format.
I wonder if I need to re-download and re-install because this  installation was like delivering a baby in the bushes. I got the Legendary B727 back in 2004 and don't recall having so many problems to install it.
Again, thanks in advance and sorry if this message doesn't belong to this section but it was my only chance to communicate with Captain Sim.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: A virus in TCE.exe file
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 7:27am
Print Post  
The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 1089. Please be sure to search the Knowledge Base prior to submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your request cancellation and posting removal.

IP Logged

hectorp

Re: A virus in TCE.exe file
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Thanks a lot for your response. I am sorry for not knowing how to access the Knowledge Base prior to submit my request.
Unfortunately, I could not find anything on the 75 pages on the KB related to a TCE virus. I recognize that it may be due to my computer illiteracy (it took me awhile to discover that KB meant Knowledge Base because I went to My Profile> Customer Support>Search> KB but it showed no results. Finally, somehow my brain started to work and instead of KB, I typed "Knowledge Base" and bingo!, it worked.)  Anyhow, I decided to forget about the TCE.
I really purchased the 707 because I thought it should be somehow more advanced that the 727, but it was not the case.
One feature I miss is the cockpit crosscheck using the Shift+ ~ .
Anyhow, I like the aircraft.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top