Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Cannot get electrical switches to work (Read 2791 times)
tenorboy

Cannot get electrical switches to work
Apr 28th, 2009 at 12:17am
Print Post  
All my instruments are dead because I cannot get the generator switches to turn on.  What am I missing?

IP Logged

Ricktk

Re: Cannot get electrical switches to work
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 12:49am
Print Post  
I'm new here also, and have my own problems getting my C-130s up and going, despite reading all the forum and manual, and following the supposed solution.  My problem is with the radios, AP, GPS dying shortly.

However, for your problem I think the forum will need more info.  I have no problem with the generators.

First, do you have the engines up and running??  The engine generators will not work unless the engines are running.  The generator switch's ON (Vertical).  The gauges below should show a current load being produced.

During the start procedure the CoPilots Inverter Sw (below Gen#2) should be in the horizontal position to provide AC power from the generators (Essential AC Buss), and the AC Inst & Eng Fuel Control Sw should be in the vertical positon to provide power from the Essential DC Buss.

If any red lights are on some of those systems are not working, or set incorrectly. i.e.  On my very first orientation flight out of RAF Lyneham, I had Engine Gen #4 go out.

Rick&&____________________________&&Buttons...check! Dials...check! Switches...check! Little Colored Lights...check!

IP Logged

tenorboy

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Yes, when I load the aircraft, it is running.  None of the switches on the electrical panel will move, I do not know how to shut down the engines and none of the switches in the VC cockpit even get a hand showing over them.

IP Logged

Jimmy261

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
I had this problem when I started but with the help of this forum and working through a long learning curve it has been worth it.  What worked best for me was to make sure I had a cold, dark airplane in the flight I had saved as my default flight.  A piece of good advice I got from the forum is when the C130 is loaded cycle through all the views, e.g. 2D cockpit, virtual cockpit etc. I have one remaining peculiar behaviour with saved flights.  When I return to a saved flight the plane is flying but I have to turn all electrical, avionics, and pressurisation switches back on.  I have a trouble ticket open on this with Capt. Sim but have no answer to date. Hope this helps.

IP Logged

tenorboy

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
I opened a ticket and it was closed without explanation.  There is no information anywhere on what is going on with my switches and nobody to contact to get any help on the matter.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2009 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Your ticket was rejected with KB# referring to the problem you describe. The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 671. Please be sure to search the Knowledge Base prior to submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your request cancellation and posting removal.

IP Logged

FAC257

Reply #6 - May 7th, 2009 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Tenorboy

Follow Jimmy261's advice on view cycling when first loading up the CS- C130. Proper initialization of an aircraft this complex is very important. Before doing anything with switches and knobs make sure you cycle through all of the aircraft's views. I go as far as cycling through all of the 2D pop-up panels as well.

When you think your ready to go, try a little test first. Using the default FSX keyboard command for the Battery (SHFT-M), try to turn the Battery switch on and off. From my experience if you can't make the Battery switch move using SHFT-M, then most likely the aircraft is not properly initialized. I've never been able to complete a manual cold and dark start-up of the aircraft, when the SHFT-M test doesn't work.

When any aircraft fails to initialize, you may have to back completely out of FSX and then come back in again.

Jimmy261

When you go to load a saved flight, you may want to try loading that saved flight one more time once your actually inside the aircraft. One thing that has come to light is that loading a saved flight from the Freeflight GUI is not neccesarily the same thing as loading that same saved flight from within the sim itself.

If you try loading that saved flight at least once after your already in the aircraft, you may find that all or at least, more of your aircraft parameters will come back the way you had them in your original saved flight.
This is one of those quirky FSX issues not a CS problem.

FAC

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top