Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 2D panel (Read 13128 times)
monkshood

2D panel
Apr 15th, 2009 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Yeh, I like to look at a 3d cockpit from time to time, but I sure as hell don’t want it shoved down my throat. I get seasick watching the darn yolk flipping around all the time and getting around the cockpit is a right pain in the ass. Yep, I just found the bit on your site that suggests there is no 2d cockpit, shame you couldn’t make that a little clearer. Is the 2d going to be a chargeable ‘optional extra’ at some point in the future?

Where’s the original 727 sound set from the FS9 product. You managed to record some snazzy cockpit and cabin announcements, whoopee. What about some decent 727 engine sounds?

IP Logged

VulcanB2

Re: Dear oh dear
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
I agree with you on the sounds - I find it strange they didn't include a custom sound set. If you've got the JT8D sounds from TSS they drop right in and sound great.

I thought it was quite clear there was no 2D, especially in light of the absence of screenshots. If panning is difficult, press and hold SPACE BAR and pan the mouse. Scroll zooms. If it doesn't work, go into the FSX controls menu, and select VIEW. Click "Reset Defaults". This will re-enable the SPACE BAR pan/zoom function if it disappeared (it did with me).

Best regards,
Robin.

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
You've got more patience than me, Vulcan... I could never put up with swill like this post, it's pathetic.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 6:49am
Print Post  
monkshood wrote on Apr 15th, 2009 at 4:20pm:
Yeh, I like to look at a 3d cockpit from time to time, but I sure as hell don’t want it shoved down my throat. I get seasick watching the darn yolk flipping around all the time and getting around the cockpit is a right pain in the ass. Yep, I just found the bit on your site that suggests there is no 2d cockpit, shame you couldn’t make that a little clearer. Is the 2d going to be a chargeable ‘optional extra’ at some point in the future?

We suppose the information here is quite clear: http://www.captainsim.com/products/x727/pro/2d.html

monkshood wrote on Apr 15th, 2009 at 4:20pm:
Where’s the original 727 sound set from the FS9 product. You managed to record some snazzy cockpit and cabin announcements, whoopee. What about some decent 727 engine sounds?

The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 2921. Please be sure to search the Knowledge Base prior to submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your request cancellation and posting removal.

IP Logged

monkshood

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Every now and then there comes a time when one resolves the need to munch on a little humble pie. I believe that time has come for me.

My impression of the 727 for FSX when I ran it was that it was a significantly worse product than the original for FS9 that I have. I didn’t like the idea of there not being a 2d cockpit and I didn’t like the idea of paying nigh $60 on an aircraft that has no engine sounds.

After airing my comments and thoughts, I sat down and had a longer go at the 727. The principal objection by me to using 3d cockpits is, or was, that the level of quality is so poor it makes the whole experience something like running FSX on a Nintendo. And besides, getting around in the 3d environment was a major hassle you could do without when on finals and half your instruments were out of sight.

What I had injudiciously failed to notice was that in recent times the quality one these 3d cockpits has advanced quite significantly and that I had a flaw in the way I thought you got around in 3d.

By injudiciously failed to notice, I mean I had assumed that those low grade 3d cockpits were still the order of the day. Despite my being a very keen FSX fan, I had not even bothered to look at the 3d cockpits of the brilliant 3rd party AC’s I have simply because I hadn’t realised it was easy to get around them with the mouse. The reason that is, is because when I disengage my joystick in flight, I also disengage the mouse, it seems. So that’s it, as far as I was concerned the 3d approach was a non-starter from the outset; having to pan around with the keyboard, stumbling to get to that vital control before decking 2 miles short of the runway.

Of course, there’s still the issue of the sound set, but that’s been address in the KB 2921 article.

As for the 727, well, I had a spin last night, after eventually getting the engines to run using Ctrl E, (I don’t know of a way to engage the starter with the mouse whilst still monitoring the spool and light-up) and flying most of my designated journey, (the engines cut out 75 miles from my destination with the fuel tanks still half full) I reckon I’ll get used to it once I’ve read the manual a bit more. Also, thanks, where a thanks is due, CS have inspired me to look more closely at the whole 3d approach to flying FSX. I had tons of fun last night in the 3d cockpit of my Digital Aviation Cheyenne in circuit at DNPO with turbulent winds and storm clouds all around (thanks ASX real World weather). A whole new and refreshing FSX experience.

Merv

IP Logged

monkshood

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Just wondering, why did you guys not use the sound files from the FS9 release?

Also, a few other odd things; for example, in the freighter, one view into the hold shows a load of freight bins when loaded, but the next key press show an empty hold?

Some of the animations don't sem to be working. For example the trust reverse clamshells don't seem to animate. Neither do the two engine pods.

Also, what happened to the smoke effect from the FS9 version, that was really good.

Ta.

Merv

IP Logged

monkshood

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2009 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Ok - time for another helping of humble pie, God I hope there's not too many calories in each serving.

I found the clamshells animating on some of the models.

This is getting better by the minute. Have to say ta to CS for introducing me to the 3d cockpit way of doing things. Until now I've been an avid 2d sort of guy for resons already expressed but these - shall we say hi def - 3d cockpits are tons of fun. Well, for me anyway.

Ta.

Merv

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Hey mate, let me just say way to go for admitting your mistakes.

It takes a man to do that without trying to mitigate them!

Kevin  Grin

IP Logged

dougal

Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
This could turn out to be a great thread for the new 727 (which i haven't even got YET).

There's always folk who say things like.... 'but x doesn't work' or 'y is  missing'.  When in fact, it's just lack expierience and time using.  Or lack study of the manual.

So, a baaaaaad thing, actually becomes a real good thing.

Know what I mean?

Now, where did I leave my credit card..... Smiley

Windows7 x64 & FSX&&B707&&B727-100 & 200 Pro Pack&&B737-200&&B757-200 & 300 Pro Pack&&B767-300 Base Pack&&C-130 Herc&&F-104 Starfighter&&B-52 BUFF&&B777-200

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #9 - May 7th, 2009 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
I don't understand... why is it hard to "get around" in the virtual cockpit?

Hold your space bar.  Move your mouse.  Use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.  Assign mouse look to a free button on your yoke/stick, and you toggle it on/off as needed.  I have a few extra items in my yoke that were unassigned, I set them to "move eyepoint" front/back, and left/right.  Between those buttons and mouse look, moving around VC is almost as easy as if I had a head tracker.

This mouse look feature is one of the things that sold me on the upgrade to FSX.

VC is reality in simulation... I don't use 2D panels in any plane in FSX, and if I download planes w/ no VC, they go in the trash immediately.  It is too restrictive to live in a 2D world!

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

dbuck

2D Panel doesn't show up
Reply #10 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Just purchased the 727 and when I go into instrument panel option or veiw I can't get the 2D Panel, I've tried everything and I don't want to fly with VC panel.

dbuck Angry

IP Logged

Launchbury

Re: 2D Panel doesn't show up
Reply #11 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
There isn't a main 2D panel. And I suggest you at least try flying with the VC, it's really one of the visual gems of all flight sim products.

IP Logged

Drew

Re: 2D Panel doesn't show up
Reply #12 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
I know what you mean, dude. I have always preferred 2D panels so I don't have to take my eyes of one instrument - or the view outside - while I retune a radio or check the contents of a fuel tank, but I've hand flown this baby a few time now.... Once you get the graphics settings right, you get nice smooth motion and smoth panning around the flight deck with the hat switch, or use the right click function and leap from Capt view to FO to SO and so on... its just a matter of getting used to it, but once you do, man this bird is gorgeous... fly her out of Seattle on 34R, turn right 90 degrees, climb steadily to about 15k... you won't regret it. Stay nice and smooth on the controls and she's a sweet as a nut... do anything too dramatic, she'll take your arm off!

IP Logged

Helmuth Moya

Re: 2D panel
Reply #13 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Hi, could you tell me please how can i hide the yoke is really dificult to fly with it?

Thanks

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: 2D panel
Reply #14 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 1:37am
Print Post  
Helmuth Moya wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 6:34pm:
Hi, could you tell me please how can i hide the yoke is really dificult to fly with it?

Thanks

Sorry, but in the Captain Sim 727, you can't hide the yoke.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top