Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Centreof Gravity (Read 2048 times)
Ant1981

Centreof Gravity
Mar 23rd, 2009 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Can someone take me over the CG% settings? How to find out what to enter? I've been going over the manuals and I'm not quite sure at the moment.

Thanks.

C-130&&757-200 Pro Pack - Uninstalled Smiley

IP Logged

Chris Monroe

Re: Centreof Gravity
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
This has vexed me as well.  I haven't been able to find a reference table listing appropariate CG ranges.   Nonetheless, others in this forum have said to go ahead and insert the default value listed in the FMC (27% I think).  I do that but have found that the aircraft can sometimes nose up too easily slightly before Vr.   I generally add a few clicks of nose down trim from my joystick to compensate and don't have any problems.  My apologies to CS for this clumsy work-around in an otherwise superb sim. 

Chris

IP Logged

Ant1981

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
I've found the chard on page 5 of the PDF, but I'm still unsure.

I've also experienced premature rotation before V1, most likely as you say to do with this.

IP Logged

Ant1981

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Any more ideas?

IP Logged

ALH

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
The CG comes defined when you enter the weight data on the FMC. After that you will see on the right botton corner the CG value, which you have to enter in the next page where the speeds are calculated (I am telling it from my memory - sorry if I forgot a step).
Once you have entered the CG value you will get the trim setting % (which usually varies betwen 5 and 5,75%). This is the value that has to be set on the cockpit before takeoff.

I hope it helps.

Nice flights !!

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Let me say this- the CG value you see (which cannot be changed) in the weights page of the FMC is ***NOT*** your CG.  Do ***NOT*** use that number when computing your takeoff speeds and such on the next page.

You need to use your actual CG number.  So long as you've loaded the plane accurately, your CG will be close to 50.  In my experience it's quite usually 46-47.  I load the plane with FSPassengersX, and it's manifest pages (where it gives you the ZFW and such) will tell you what the CG % is.

Your take-off trim calculation should not ever show something outside the green band of the trim position indicator (left of the throttles from the captain perspective) and typically will be around 1.00-1.75 if you're loaded in a balanced state.

The 27-28-ish number that I'm telling you above NOT to use is why ALH is getting a 5-5.75 trim calculation.  If you put that in, and you're not that nose heavy (and you never should be) your plane will pitch up abruptly, perhaps even before you reach V1 speed!

Hope it helps.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top