Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
757 irs align time (Read 8710 times)
rennman

757 irs align time
Mar 20th, 2009 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
is there a way to control the irs align time?...mine does it very quick...and i like the realism of it taking 7-10 minutes
thanks

IP Logged

Panavia.

Re: 757 irs align time
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
I wouldn't think so, as you need to align fully before you jet off, and one you turn the knobs to the 'align' position, it is out of your hands and controlled by the computer. When I align, it usually takes less than 30 secs to, and never more than 1min...7-10 minutes? Grin

IP Logged

SIR_PAGANINY

thrust level set, V1,
Rotate, V2

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Panavia. wrote on Mar 20th, 2009 at 4:59pm:
I wouldn't think so, as you need to align fully before you jet off, and one you turn the knobs to the 'align' position, it is out of your hands and controlled by the computer. When I align, it usually takes less than 30 secs to, and never more than 1min...7-10 minutes? Grin

He means the real B757 that takes close to 10 min to align.

IP Logged

rennman

Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
yes thats right...im wondering if there is a way to set the align time to be like the real 757..some of my other add ons have this option...do you know?

IP Logged

SIR_PAGANINY

thrust level set, V1,
Rotate, V2

Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
yes i know... But I'm afraid you are not able to change anything about that in this model... unless you have something related to IRS in the .bgl... i donīt have my FS computer in here so i canīt help to look around... but search on CS 757 folder and open the .bgl and try searching for IRS using the "find option" in notepad...

IP Logged

rennman

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 4:48am
Print Post  
thanks for the help!

ill try your idea..

if it cant be changed its not the biggest deal...but it seems like CS made a lot of effort to make this plane very real...so the right align time would just make it that much better...for me anyway

IP Logged

nhraracer90

Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
How come when I turn all the align knobs to align, it says fault?

IP Logged

rennman

Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 2:12am
Print Post  
i think the you go from "off" right to "nav" and leave it

all of the boeing sim planes seem to do it like that...and from what i hear so do the real ones

i dont know what align is for

IP Logged

SIR_PAGANINY

thrust level set, V1,
Rotate, V2

Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 10:46am
Print Post  

IRS (Inertial reference System) is very very important, if you notice you also have 3 autopilot masters...  

Each IRS  computes its own position independently; consequently they will diverge slightly during the course of the flight. After the alignment process is complete, there is no updating of either IRS positions from any external sources. Therefore it is important to set the IRS position accurately, If an IRS  fails, the IRS transfer switch is used to switch all associated systems to the functioning IRS,  uses accelerometers, l@ser gyros, etc, to determine the a/cīs position. They crosscheck their results against signals received from VORs and DMEs.
They compare the info they come up with against each other, and if one of them shows conflicting info the other 2 units kick it out.
When no ground radio station signals are received for more than 12 mins (I think) the IRS will announce "IRS NAV ONLY" alerting the crew thatīs the only source of navigation. After, say an 8 hour flight over the ocean, when it first picks up a VOR nav accuracy upgrades, but most of the time you donīt notice the plane modifying its course in response to the upgrade, itīs real accurate.

LNAV stands for Lateral navigation and VNAV for vertical , when a route is active, say from LPPR to EHAM, the autopilot will fly that route, as long as itīs been activated (LNAV button depressed).
LNAV  uses info from the IRS.

Hope it helps!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top