Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Manual Start? (Read 19497 times)
DevereIII

Re: Manual Start?
Reply #15 - May 8th, 2009 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Yep, tried all this and no go... I can't start engines either from Cold & Dark... This REALLY needs to get looked at. I ALWAYS start up from C&D when I fly. Love the realism... I DO have the registered version of FSUIPC, but I don't think I should have to disable it considering all of the other payware developers have no issues working around it.

One other thing I noticed. I have my default flight set up as the Cessna 172, cold & dark. This way all of my add-ons will start up C&D that do not have configuration managers to do so. Such as the another company CRJ-2004. So I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but when I enter the 727 cockpit for the 1st time, the battery switch is in the ON position, but there is no power. I have to flip the switch OFF and then back ON to get juice flowing. Just seems odd to me...
Following that I can start the APU just fine and and perform other cockpit tasks, except starting the engines!  Sad

Seems there are a lot of bugs running around in this aircraft that need to be ironed out, and the more I discover the more I am starting to get agitated with the money that I spent on this product. Even with the Spring Cleaning Sale, my US Dollar amount came to $68! That's almost up there with another company products!!

How do we make sure CaptainSim are aware of these issues so they can be ironed out in future SP's?

Robert -

IP Logged

stefltt

Reply #16 - May 8th, 2009 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Hi Robert,

the same for me here. I cannot start the engines from CnD situation. The battery switch is on, and I need to switch it off then on again to get power. Maybe a quick tutorial with just the essential switch to move or button to press without any test procedure would be helpful, or a video showing us how to start the engines.

Stéphane

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Engines not starting...
Reply #17 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Hey guys Smiley

I've read the manual (twice :p ) and am having trouble starting the engines.  As you might imagine, this is a very important step to flying.  Up to now, I've mostly been working my way through the manual and starting via CTRL+E, but after several attempts I can't think what I'm doing wrong.  I use the checklist, boot up in the default Cessna to put the prop and mixture levers forward, and work through all the parts of the checklist.  I noticed a couple of things which might be doing it.

First of all, hydraulic system A doesn't have any pressure.  Should it, before the engines are started? 

I can't think what I'm doing wrong, but I'd love some help.  Where should I start?  Screenshots of the panels, perhaps?

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

Reply #18 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 4:02am
Print Post  
I still can't find out what my problem is... it's not the hydraulic system A, since that doesn't pressurize until the engines are going... the engines simply won't start spinning- it's just like there's no bleed air to them. 

Anyone?

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #19 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Hey,
that was my first thought too,
Still had no successful CnD start-up.
everything seems to be OK, but when I hit the engine starters, nothing happens.
I hope someone finds out why soon,
or CS comes with the solution.

Tyrion

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

Reply #20 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
That's the problem- FSX is so buggy I can never tell if it's just the sim, or if I've done something wrong with the checklists :p

Starting the default F-18, for example, always gives me a headache cause it seems that the starting process resets when you change views, etc.... 

Ah well :p  For now I'll just keep running through the checklists so that, at least, I can do it faster (IIRC, sometimes addons won't start if you take a long time to get them going).

IP Logged

jf77

Reply #21 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Here's what I found out after a little testing.

My startup situation is default Cessna with
- battery off
- generator off
- avionics off

Now it seems that this setting is applied to the 727 when I load it. Interestingly, switching the batttery on or off on the flight engineers panel does not really switch the battery on. Even starting the APU and closing the breakers and generators does not turn it on.
You can check this by loading the GPS - it remains dark. In order to light up the avionics/GPS, I had to assign hot keys to all three components - battery, avionics, generator. Only when I use the hotkeys for battery and avionics, the GPS swichtes on. Only then I'm able to start the engines, too.
After starting the engines, I have to use the hot key for turning on the generator - closing all breakers on the engineers panel does not turn on the generators. You can check this with the default GPS too - if you don't use the hot key, it will turn off after a few minutes.

Then I changed the dark& cold settings to :
- battery on
- avionics on
- generator on

With this setting, I'm absolutely not able to start the engines, no matter what settings I use on the engineers panel or which hot keys I use.

Nevertheless, I think the 727 is really a great addon. It is one of only three addons that I use permanently, because the VC, the flight dynamics and the handling is very unique and very well done. I'm very much looking forward to the next service pack, though..

Kind regards,
Juergen

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

Reply #22 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Thanks mate, good to know.  I feel a bit of a dunce since I'm going to be reviewing this, but it's good to know how to work around these issues.  It's funny, though- there haven't been many reports of this.  Could it just be my install, perhaps, Captain Sim?

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #23 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
If you have problems with manual engine start either when you start from cold&dark, or if you load e.g. Cessna with all systems off then select 727 Captain please   once-twice press combinations:
- Ctrl+Shift+F4  -   Ctrl+Shift+F1
- and/or Ctrl+F4  -  Ctrl+F1
- and/or F4 -  F1

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

Reply #24 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Thanks!

I'll give that a try  Smiley

Beautiful sim, and congrats on the SP.  The new sounds are awesome, thanks  Grin

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #25 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Thank you!

IP Logged

DevereIII

Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 12:19am
Print Post  
I installed the new version and I was able to start the engines manually with no issues!! YEA!!!
I AM having an issue with the A/P which I will create a seperate post on here... Wink

Thanks for the QUICK turnaround on the new service pack CaptainSim!!

Robert

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

Reply #27 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Finally had everything work right!

I tried the F1-F4 suggestion, but it didn't work.  I went through everything as normal, trying that suggestion, and went to start up but the starter didn't do anything.  So, I reset the aircraft and it went!  Resetting it didn't mess up any switch positions or anything, but I assume it solved whatever it was wrong while not really sacrificing realism  Cheesy

Awesome!  Wonderful flight too- didn't have enough fuel, though, so had a very interesting landing.  Thanks for the awesome plane Captain Sim, she's beautiful!

IP Logged

packlite

Reply #28 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
On manual engine starting, the APU needs to be running.  How can I bring the APU panel to show up?  the back of the seat is in the way hiding the dials.

Ben

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2009 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
For starting the APU there isn't a 2D panel as far as I am aware.  You'll need to move the viewpoint back to get to that panel.  I can't remember the key commands right away, but check the FSX commands menu under views.  I assigned these to the arrow keys, personally, so that I can get around easily.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top