Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Need A Little Help (Read 4567 times)
signmanbob

Need A Little Help
Feb 21st, 2009 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
First I want to say again that I absolutely love this 727.  Captain Sim has done an outstanding job with this aircraft and this is an aircraft that every serious simmer should have.  I can't say enough about it.

I'm just having a little problem and I was wondering if anyone might have a suggestion.
My mouse point to move the fuel cut-off switches on the pedestal for engine 1 and 2 do not work at all.  The mouse point for engine 3 works perfect.
When I put the mouse over the fuel cut-off switches I get the little hint notation that says that it is the fuel cut-off switch and the percentage that it is on, but when I try to move them, they won't move at all. Only the #3 will move the way it is supposed to.  Actually when I move #1 and #2, the reversers move instead.

I am having to start my engines by getting everything else set up, then hitting Ctrl+E.  When I do that they start up fine on their own.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,
Bob

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Re: Need A Little Help
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Bob, that's certainly odd.  I haven't observed that myself.  May be a configuration or installation issue?  Mine all work as expected.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim is doing his very best to help me with this problem, but I believe something in the configuration of my FSX installation must be interfering with the fuel cutoff switches.
The only modules I have installed right now is FSUIPC 4.30 and "Walk and Follow".  I removed FSPassengersX because I thought it may be the culprit.
I may try removing W&F and re-install again, or I may just not mess with it right now, since it is not that big of a problem when one considers how really very awesome everything in this 727 simulation is, and fortunately enough, everything else is working perfect.
I went ahead and bought the FS9 version, so if I really want to go through the complete start-up, I can use the FS9 version until we figure out my problem.

I really appreciate all of the help that Captain Sim's support is giving me. Wink  As soon as I discover what is causing the problem, I will let people here know.  I'm sure someone else will run across the problem and need the information.

Thank you,
Bob

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #3 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Hello Captain Sim and everyone,
I have found my problem with the fuel cut-off switches. Cheesy
When I disable FSUIPC and load the 727, the fuel switches work perfect.  When FSUIPC is enabled, #1 and #2 fuel cut-off switches don't work and I will have to Ctrl+E to start those engines.  Also, I notice when it is enabled my seat belt chime doesn't seem to work either.

I was wondering is anyone using FSUIPC with this 727?  If so, what version and are you using a regestered version or the free version?
My version is registered.  Since the registered version can set the controls, it may be causing this problem.

Thank you,
Bob  

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #4 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 11:31am
Print Post  
signmanbob wrote on Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:47am:
I have found my problem with the fuel cut-off switches. Cheesy
When I disable FSUIPC and load the 727, the fuel switches work perfect.  When FSUIPC is enabled, #1 and #2 fuel cut-off switches don't work and I will have to Ctrl+E to start those engines.  Also, I notice when it is enabled my seat belt chime doesn't seem to work either.
Thank you,
Bob  

Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 3080 added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 3080. Also please see KB#244

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Thank you Captain Sim.  I appreciate very much the support that I received on this problem from CS.  
I know that there are so many add-on utilities and computer configurations that it would be impossible for CS to assure compatibility for every outside program that is going to be running next to your software.
Yet you showed patience and went the extra mile with me.  As a long time CS customer, I deeply appreciate that.
I will be looking forward to the release of the 727-200.  

For anyone else interested, a side from the cut-off fuel switch problem and having to start the two engines using Ctrl+E,  the registered version of FSUIPC seems to work well with the CS727 in all other areas.
If I run into any more problems with it, I will post them here.
I find the main advantage of using registered FSUIPC with the CS727 is if you are using a throttle quadrant, you can easily activate the thrust reversers upon landing with the throttle levers instead of hitting the F2 key several times.
I guess one just has to decide whether you want realistic startup or realistic landing  Wink

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 6:58am
Print Post  
I wanted to post this on this thread too in case someone else runs into this it will make the search for an answer easier.

The Captain Sim 727-100 and -200 series works perfectly with FSUIPC. I got this problem figured out now with the help both Captain Sim and FSUIPC support.
There is nothing wrong with Captain Sim's gorgeous 727 series.  The fuel cutoff switches were locked up because they had settings that were wrong within FSX and FSUIPC.  This was causing a conflict and locking the levers.
The fuel cutoff switches are set with "Mixture1 Rich, Mixture1 Idle" etc. and the same with #2 and #3 within the registered FSUIPC program.  "Rich" is fuel on and "Idle" is fuel off for each lever.

I went into FSUIPC program and set those to the buttons below my throttle levers on my CH throttle and they work Perrrfect now.  I can start up my engines like a pro. Cool

Again Thank you Captain Sim and also Peter Dowson for your help and for making my 727 so enjoyable. Wink

Bob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top