Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
727 captain lighting (Read 4131 times)
epdk96

727 captain lighting
Feb 12th, 2009 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
I just got the 727 program and have it installed. Nice airplane but where are the nav lights,beacon, anti collsion lights? I tried the key for the lights and the switches inside the cockpit with nothing coming on. I do get taxi lights and landing lights with the ctrl+L. I checked the aircraft config file and there are only the lights I listed above. Does anyone know the settings or the other functions perhaps? Maybe a copy of the config file with the other lights would help? Thanks and hope someone knows how to fix this. This is my first purchase from captainsim and I don't want a bad taste in my mouth with shotty software.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Re: 727 captain lighting
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
It's not shotty software, but it is a first public release of a new software.  There is an SP coming that will polish off all the things that people have reported so far.  Lighting has been discussed by some.  I don't think I have any issue with lighting, but then again I don't trust FSX to turn on all the lights itself.

There are more than a dozen light switches on the overhead and I think 5 or 7 more on the FE's panel.  Most of those control interior lighting, though.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

Michael2

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Try loading a default cessna first.  I have found that not doing so can cause several problems - I think lighting may have been one.

IP Logged

epdk96

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 6:00am
Print Post  
I'm not saying the software is shotty for say Bob. I have a friend who has the C130 program and he is the one who told me about this 727. I have never bought a program like this at this cost for just one jet. I'm sure they will get it fixed and the bugs worked out and I will try the Cessna thing first. I will have to say I did check the config file and there were only three lights listed. I thought mabe someone could tell me what problems they may have come across and what they did to fix them with the lighting. Thanks again for your help.

IP Logged

epdk96

Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
is there anyway someone can post or show me a copy of the config file so I can cross ref: with the one I have? Funny, I was in the 727 in KMIA and I actually got the cabin recordings to work. Now they don't but I still have no nav lights or strobes/beacons. This what I have in  the aircraft config file and I know it's missing some things.
[LIGHTS]
light.0 = 5,  17, -7.5, -4.5, cs727_landing //left
light.1 = 5,  17,  4.5, -6.5, cs727_landing //right
;light.3 = 4,  47.60,   0.00,  3.00,  fx_vclighth
Any help would be great. First flight from Queensland to Auckland was great and some minor changes for the auto pilot but good overall.

IP Logged

epdk96

Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2009 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Forget about it. I found the problem. When the aircraft file was loaded into FSX there was a subfolder in the texture folder with all the lights so it was'nt being read by fs. I moved the three individual folders"bump,night, & spec and took all the files inside and moved them to the main texture folder and they are fine now. Off to check on other problems. Kind of strange but when those were moved I started getting all my effects and a couple more lights on in the cockpit. Oh Well.

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2022 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Have a question regarding the Landing Lights.The Splash on the ground is odd. For me it shows like Horizontal lines in front of the plane? I have another a/c that also shows this. My GC is updated.Any suggestions aree appreciated.

Berlopez

<div class=
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top