Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Problem with gauges in FSX (Read 3868 times)
gmcsierraclassic

Problem with gauges in FSX
Jan 25th, 2009 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but a long time user of CS addons for FS9. I wondered if some one could help me. I installed 707 in FSX (manual installation), but every time I try to load the 707, FSX crashes to the desk top... In the issue report that I'm asked if I want to report it to Microsoft, it says there's an issue with 707common.gau, or something like it. But when I first chose the 707 in FSX menu I was asked if I  wanted to enable the CS 707 gauges, answered yes, and FSX recognized them as being FSX compatible...

This is the first time an FS2004 gauge makes my FSX crash. Did anybody had this issue and resolved it?

Thanks! Angry

IP Logged

waynelp

Re: Problem with gauges in FSX
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2009 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
It isn't going to hapen for you. I have tried also but the closest I have made it work for FSX is to use a panel from a 747, the only other 4 engine jet there is I have.  The outside skin works fine. This in the only A/C I am waiting on to have converted before I dump FS9 off me system. I need the HD room. Smiley
Wayne

Wayne L Pierce&&Win7 64bit, 12GB, Nvidia285,Intel Core i7, 3.33ghz DuoQuad, AlienWare

IP Logged

RichardH

the 757 :D

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2009 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
So does it basically work then? Might look into it.

IP Logged

KCMO

Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
My story for what it's worth.....
Yeah, it's true, I had to remove all the gauge files too to make it work in FSX on my XP operating system.

However, later, when I installed Vista 64 and reloaded FSX and reinstalled the 707 without gauges, I discovered FSX was unstable, with missing textures on the 707.

After much testing, I discovered the solution (for me anyways) was to disable user access control (UAC).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top