Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Problems (Read 3157 times)
Koyaan

Problems
Jan 3rd, 2009 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
I'm very dissapointed in this C-130 sim for FSX. It looks like it was ported over without further testing. Just to mention:

1: the engines can't be started normally, only with CTRL-E
2: the sound is all wrong with trotthles open.
3: when the main tanks emty, the engines shut down. No way to get acces to the aux and ext. tanks.
4: the autopilot can't track a nav station stable.
5: CTD's when loading the aircraft

My system is very reliable (Vista curve at 8), never had CTD's. For now i return to another company MD11 and F1 Mustang because they learned me you can have a addon plane without frustration and without the need to adjust things yourself.

Thanks,

Gerrit

IP Logged

ThunderRunner

Re: Bad joke
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Im sorry you feel that way. I managed to solve mose of the issues

1) follow the normal start procedure but only do a normal single click on the engine starter instead of holding it down and use the 2d overhead to start the engines.

2) Agreed, the sound could be better

3) make sure the booster pumps and the x-feeds are all open (except the wing x-over unless necessary)

4) I have found that problem only with the ILS when not properly aligned +/-30° from center line heading when intercepting.

5) Never occurred to me.

IP Logged

GDex

Problems that did not exist in FS2004 C-130
Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
I purchased the C-130 X on the special sale and am experiencing the following problems, which do not occur with the original C-130 in FS2004.

1.      When starting a saved Cold & Dark flight, it starts with most switches not in the same position as they were saved, and these switches are not clickable. However if FSX is restarted, then the saved flight starts correctly, except that the 4 bleed air valves are open instead of closed as they were saved. Note that I set up the Cold & Dark flights by starting from a C172 as described in other threads in this forum, or by starting with a running C-130 X and shutting it down following the normal procedure; either way I get the problems described above and below.
2.      When starting a previously saved “hot” flight (engines running and all systems set for a flight, typically at the start of a runway), the flight starts with the engines spooling down and stopping. All systems are dead, and switches are not clickable as in item 1 above. However, if I happen to have previously set up a Navaid, it still beeps!
3.      Starting the engines one at the time from Cold & Dark is unpredictable, compared to the old C-130. After moving the Condition Lever to “Run”, the start button must be clicked very quickly, otherwise the engine does not start. Also, having the Condition Lever at “Run” is sometimes not good enough; one needs to move it all the way forward and let it slip back. On the other hand, moving the Condition Levers 3 and 4 to “Run” (or backwards!) is sometimes sufficient to start the engines without even touching the Start Button! This should be entirely re-done to make it the same as the old C-130 for FS2004.
4.      In autopilot, clicking/holding the up/down button has the same effect: it brings the nose up, whether I click the down or up side. There is no way of bringing the nose down. However, the height button functions correctly: once an altitude has been selected, it brings the nose up or down as needed to regain the altitude if the plane has dropped or climbed.
5.      When I pause the simulation (“P”), if the GTC happens to be running, its sound is still heard while in the pause mode; it should stop just like all other sounds (engines, Navaids, etc.)

Has any one else observed the same issues? Any solutions?

IP Logged

ThunderRunner

Re: Problems that did not exist in FS2004 C-130
Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Im amazed you can do a cold and dark start at all...I have yet to start the aircraft. does starting in the 2d and staring in the vc give 2 different results?

IP Logged

GDex

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Hi Thunder. To start from Cold & Dark, I work from the 2D panels, following the procedure in Manual 3, starting on page 8 with "Cockpit Inspection". You must have all the prerequisites done before starting the engines, i.e. you need power, bleed air, fuel. Nevertheless, the actual starting of the engines is tricky compared to the FS9 C-130. It sometimes works and sometimes not - sort of a "plug & pray" situation. It is an issue that I hope CS will address.

IP Logged

ThunderRunner

Reply #5 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
I agree the start needs to be from the 2d panels not VC. Thanks!

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Re: Problems
Reply #6 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
I have also noticed the bug in the GTC sound, it keeps running when the game is paused.

Tyrion

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top