Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Skidding and sliding problems (Read 1562 times)
yallu

Skidding and sliding problems
Dec 30th, 2008 at 11:56am
Print Post  
On landing this bird seems to be impossible to get aligned well. It keeps on skidding and sliding left and right. Feels very unresponsive and very hard to hit the runway centerline.

Do you guys have any trouble landing it properly? I suspect the problem is that I have only one throttle to control all the engines so I can't control individual engines. But even so, it feels a bit slippery.

Is the plane IRL that way? Are you experiencing the same or do you suspect something wrong with my config? Any advice - in addition to the obvious get 4 throttle controls?

I usually fly the LDS767, ATR-72, TwotterX and the Uiver DC2 and have no such problems there. Of course, the C130 is a different beast...

Thanks.

IP Logged

Bwinkert

Re: Skidding and sliding problems
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
I thought it was just me lol....I do great right up until time I get lined up then im slipping and sliding all over...I think its just because I'm a rotor wing pilot and struggle with fixed wing...but i have no idea

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
i just installed the C-130 yesterday and find it a pleasure to fly. Very stable and a great views. Skidding and slipping usually is from excessive rudder input. I just use what rudder pressure is necessary to kept in on track and aligned with the centerline of the runway. Did some touch&go's yesterday and even managed to get a few greasers. Smiley

&&&&Dell XPS600 l Dell 2407WFP l FS9.1 FSX SP2 l Win7 Prox64 l Evga GTX260 896mb&&&&

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Waiting for the team to arrive so the airshow can begin.

&&&&Dell XPS600 l Dell 2407WFP l FS9.1 FSX SP2 l Win7 Prox64 l Evga GTX260 896mb&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top