Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
C130 Rudder (Read 1391 times)
JoeInCT

C130 Rudder
Dec 27th, 2008 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
Just bought the CS C130 and in general, I like it. Have one issue though. I notice that when I "step on the ball" to make a coordinated turn (i.e. use rudder), I notice during the turn the rudder seems to "self center" thus requiring MORE and more rudder. By the end of the turn I am usually holding full rudder, but appears as though the aircraft's rudder has self centered and the aircraft is yawing in the turn.

I remember reading a comment in an online review in which the reviewer mentioned something about having to hold LOTS of rudder -- which got me wondering if he had the same problem. In my case, no amount of rudder helps because it will constantly self center after a few seconds and the aircraft will begin to yaw.

BTW, I am using a CH yoke & rudder. I've been flying Flight Sim since the Apple IIE version in the early 1980s, plus I have a BS in Aeronautical Studies, so I am not a newbie. I have the base version of the C130 for FSX and I use other FSX add-on aircraft without this problem.

Is anyone else seeing this sort of behavior? Any way to stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance for your response.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top