Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 FMC TIPS,TRICKS,PROCEDURES-the only thread please (Read 46384 times)
duesenwerni

Re: How to program FMC
Reply #15 - Apr 8th, 2008 at 6:18am
Print Post  
Hi Juan,

I use the Cruise CoG that is calculated in the PER INIT page on the lower right.

And one important item I forgot to mention - to make use of the fmc and autopilot LNAV modes, you first have to align the IRS on the overhead panel. Luckily, the guys from CS have shortened the time it takes for the IRS to align. So befor you start programming the fmc you have to set the irs switches to align and -after the align lights go out - switch the irs to nav.

Regards,
Werner

IP Logged

Pampers

B757FMC - MANUALLY ENTERED LAT/ LONG WAYPOINTS
Reply #16 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Hello guys,

First of all, I would like to apologize for my awful English but I do my best.
I have an issue when I want to enter manually latitude and longitude waypoints into the B757 FMC. I do not understand the FMS manuel.
What do I have to do if I want to enter this WP.
N 28° 18.08' E033° 59.57'

Thanks for the reply.
Good day
Regards

Pampers  Cry

IP Logged

aussie

Re: B757FMC - MANUALLY ENTERED LAT/ LONG WAYPOINTS
Reply #17 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
try fsxlatitudelongitude.zip on avsim.net

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=124832

IP Logged

Pampers

Re: B757FMC - MANUALLY ENTERED LAT/ LONG WAYPOINTS
Reply #18 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Thanks Aussie.
I am going to download the file and see.

Pampers

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Re: FMC TIPS,TRICKS,PROCEDURES-the only thread please
Reply #19 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Dillon, Did a short flight this morning. KORF-KCLT. 80nm out from CLT I tuned the ILS for 18R on the radio stack. Then selected the ARR page and used the NEXT Page button to scroll down and sel 18R and clicked EXEC. Bring up the LEGS Page and Rwy 18R is displayed. While on the LEGS page Display the EFIS and switch to PLAN Mode. It should display the arrival runway.

Switch back to MAP Mode and use for rest of flight. Next, Display the APPROACH REF page to display rwy info.

Cleared for the approach and as you can see the arrival rwy 18R is displayed. At least it works for me. Smiley

&&&&Dell XPS600 l Dell 2407WFP l FS9.1 FSX SP2 l Win7 Prox64 l Evga GTX260 896mb&&&&

IP Logged

Dillon

Reply #20 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 6:23am
Print Post  
Thanks to 'elyab's suggestion concerning the FMC I'm able to get everything I need for a full ILS landing with the runway info depicted on the ND screen.  Great job guys!!!  Wink

I still hope Captainsim addresses whatever is going wrong here but at least we have a workaround until then.  The CS757 is officially back out the hanger.  Thanks 'Aviator327' for the help...  Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Reply #21 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Now that the aircraft is out of the hanger after a maintance check I would suggest doing a visual walk-around inspection to make sure nothing is missing prior to flight ie, wing, landing gear, ect. Wink

&&&&Dell XPS600 l Dell 2407WFP l FS9.1 FSX SP2 l Win7 Prox64 l Evga GTX260 896mb&&&&

IP Logged

amalishkin

Reply #22 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
What about VOR navigation?  the deviation on the bug is not working, is there some secret in FMC to get that working too? or is it a trully a bug?

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Reply #23 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
amalishkin wrote on Dec 22nd, 2008 at 6:10pm:
What about VOR navigation?  the deviation on the bug is not working, is there some secret in FMC to get that working too? or is it a trully a bug?

No secret. It doesn't work in FS9 with ver 2.1 or in FSX. I've tried but to no avail.

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

CDU
Reply #24 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 11:49am
Print Post  
I must be inputing data incorrectly because as i near the destination airport on the Approach Ref page the Gross Landing Weight is blank and cannot obtain the Vref speeds. I thought the FMS calculated the landing weight based on fuel burn. Not even able to manually enter a landing weight. Also I've noticed that the ETA to the waypoints is blank on the ND. Any suggestions on what  I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

IP Logged

jetman

FMC problems (T/D question, ND strange)
Reply #25 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
hello,

i have some major problems with my CS757. everythings working fine so far - besides the FMC and the ND. have to say that i'm quite experienced with both the another company 737/747 and the another company 767.

i already checked the manuals and the FMC tutorial, but still have some very strange problems. the first is, that the ND shows the choosen departure and arrival airports at the very same point. i tried that with different airports now and its mostly the same.

second - it is just not possible to use fs-flightplans in my 757. the only way making it work is doin it step by step by hand. considering the poor navdata support (things have changed now as far as i know - but also for the FS9 version?) heavy work. anyways, back to topic. what i know from all other boeing FMC's and from the manual is, that the T/D should be there as soon as i enter the departure and arrival airports (incl. runways and sid/star) - but whatever airport, sid or star i use, i will never get a T/D? any idea?
thanks
benni

IP Logged

Justin Friedland

Flight Plan Import Problem
Reply #26 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
I use FS Ops to build flight plans, and then export them as MSFS plans.

The problem comes when I try to import them into the FMS.  They come in as Long. and Lat. listings, no waypoint names; and the distances between way points are always 8nm.   Undecided

Is there a fix for this, short of just inputting the whole flight plan by hand?

Thanks

IP Logged

teemuss

Re: Flight Plan Import Problem
Reply #27 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
i have the same problem i use xp 64bit could it be that i wonder. Undecided

IP Logged

Justin Friedland

Reply #28 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
I do not use 64 bit.  Here is a screen shot of what happened when I tried to import KLAG to KDCA via BIGGY, COPES, MXE, DLUCA, ENSUE AND BAL.

Is there a way to fix this, please?

IP Logged

LarryCot

Reply #29 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Same problem, using VISTA32 SP1, 757 for FS9 / FSX SP2

Thanks for help

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top