Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
mid-air refueling (Read 2866 times)
country4life

mid-air refueling
Oct 4th, 2008 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
I use Fsrecorder to record a flight, then I go back and "play as ai traffic".......I can see the recorded C130 fine, but when I try and attempt a mid-air refuel, I no longer see the refueling lines behind the c-130....In order for me to see them, I have to pick the same aircraft (c-130), and extend the lines with the second c-130....but back to my question..now that i can see the refueling lines on the c-130 i recorded earlier, how can i attempt a mid-air refuel? when i change planes to a plane that i can try and attempt the mid-air refueling, the refueling lines arent there anymore....have to have the same plane, and have to extend the refueling lines in order to see them on the previous recorded plane....hope you understand what im talking about.....I tried to record a flight using Fsrecorder, and when playing it back, i picked a C130 with the refueling probe at the front, but i cant see the refueling lines coming from the refueler...i know its becaues i have a different aircraft, but for some reason, the lines doesnt show when you have a different aircraft...and also, to refuel the c130, does the probe at the front of the aircraft has to be extended, or is it already extended to its max point.....hope someone has a solution to the fuel lines not showing on playback of Fsrecorder.....I am running on FSX with Sp1 and Acceleration. I have C-130 Xperience with Basepack 1.

Thanks for any reply,
                                                                   Country4life  Embarrassed

IP Logged

capncrazy68

Re: mid-air refueling
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2008 at 4:25am
Print Post  
Hey bud,

Don't know about this Fsrecorder you speak of, but thought I'd tell you what I found out a while back with tankers and multiplayer.  It works the same way that wing fold, tailhooks, probes and doors.  Since they are "non-primary" parts you won't see them extended if you are not in the same model.  It's the way FS was programmed, which I don't know the specifics in that area.  In FS9, we had a model of a KC-135 done up with the boom down, and put it in the AI traffic. 

As to the hoses in the C-130, unless Microsoft programs FS to do this, you just won't see them extended unless you are in that model as well.  My sugestion would be to fly the herk to the hose and note the picture you got in the window for a position.  Then in your bird of choice just estimate that best you can. 

If anyone does know some trick that I failed to find, I'd love to hear it.
Jim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top