Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
C130 tilting (Read 1742 times)
MikaelJ

C130 tilting
Aug 20th, 2008 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Hello. for a few weeks ago i downloaded the SP1.2 and i finally found that the aircraft had stopped to tilt that extremely much as it did before. now when i downloaded the 1.3 same problem or what ever you call it occured again. i've tried different fuel loadings but the aircraft tilts very much. i understan that it will at highspeedturns but not at 2-5 knot turn. I've tried to reinstall several times with no affect.
what seems to be the problem.

IP Logged

Feliz

Re: C130 tilting
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Hi
It's he normal behavior... C-130 do tilt very much in turns.
In the real one even when it stops he stays with some degrees left or right, due to it's long wing with fuel balancing and short distance between MLG.

IP Logged

Seria17hri11er

Re: C130 tilting
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Yea, speaking from experience, that is normal.  The shock struts on the main landing gear of pretty much all U.S. 130's are "soft" shock struts.  Soft meaning that the nitrogen or air pressure inside the strut is lower than most aircraft.  My coworkers and I have had to go out numerous times to jump up and down on a wing to try to get the strut to settle because a pilot taxied in too quick while turning and then complained about the airplane needing the struts serviced!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top