Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 757 Engine Start (Read 21652 times)
VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

757 Engine Start
Aug 9th, 2008 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
I went through the checklist, and when I went to start my engines, nothing happened.    All you do to actually start the start sequence is select the engine start, and then put the other selector to ground, correct?

Also, I noticed I had low oil pressure, is this why I can't start?

Thanks!

IP Logged

signmanbob

Re: 757 Engine Start
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
You'll have low oil pressure until your engines are started.
Make sure your APU and engine bleeds are on and packs are off.

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Ok, I'll give it a try Smiley

Thanks!

IP Logged

Recency

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Simple 16 steps for the Captain Sim 757 start up procedure.  Cold and Dark start.

1. Make sure all buttons are off.  In other words turn off all gauges and switches followed lastly by the Standby toggle and battery switch.

2.  Begin the start up by turning the battery switch on.

3.  Turn on STBY Power to Auto.

4.  Turn on APU Gen, Bus ties, L and R utility bus followed by the L and R Gen Cont.

5.  Turn APU (under gen drive disc) to start.  This APU toggle button will automatically switch to on.

6.  Wait for a steady run light that is at the left of the APU toggle switch.  Note that the light may dis-appear a few times before it becomes steady.

7.  After steady light, turn on the APU/Isolation valves that are located on the far right side under the duct press psi gauge.  Press the bottom 3 switches then press the single switch above the 3 bottom switches.  Note that the off light probably will remain lit along with the on light.

8.  Turn the eng start switch to 2 that is in the middle of the over head panel.

9.  Proceed down to the eng start toggle switch and turn the RIGHT engine toggle to GND.

10.  Proceed down and turn on the left and right pumps (both AFT and FWD).  Leave the fuel cross feed to off.

11.  Press the “P” Icon to display the thrusters and bottom L and R  fuel knobs.  If the engine is having trouble starting, click the right or left fuel knobs to open fuel line.

12.  Repeat steps 8, 9 and 11 for the left engine start.

13.  After engines have started turn off ALL that were turned on in step 7.

14.  Next, turn off the APU Toggle switch. (step5)

15.  Last,  turn the rest of the switches and toggles switches on.  For example,  all HYD Switches , L and R packs and so on.

16.  That’s it. Have fun.

If these steps help you or anyone else please reply.
Thank You.

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Wow, that was comprehensive Smiley]
Thank you very much, I'll try!

IP Logged

Recency

Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
VFR Reviews wrote on Aug 10th, 2008 at 3:49pm:
Wow, that was comprehensive Smiley]
Thank you very much, I'll try!

Hello,
Were you able to start the engines with my 16 steps.

IP Logged

regamuffin

Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
dont worry ffs your not alone i try starting the engines some times and there wont turn over i follow the procedure to the letter and im pretty well matured in high fidelity add on's but im sure theres a prob with the engine start up sequence btw i fly fsx with cs 757 version 4.1

IP Logged

Recency

Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Hello:
If anyone has used my steps obove, can you please reply and let me know if they work or do not work?

If not, then I will try to arrange those steps, so that they will work.

Thank You

IP Logged

taguilo

Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Recency wrote on Aug 10th, 2008 at 2:34am:
11.  Press the “P” Icon to display the thrusters and bottom L and R  fuel knobs.  If the engine is having trouble starting, click the right or left fuel knobs to open fuel line.

Hi,

I do not own CS757 yet but I have plans to purchase it depending on the inputs from this forums.
Now, what do you mean in the quote above? The engine must never start if the proper fuel lever on the pedestal is not put in RUN position. Ever. Or maybe this version has an easy start procedure?

Thank you
Tom

IP Logged

Recency

Reply #9 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
taguilo wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 at 9:05pm:
Hi,

I do not own CS757 yet but I have plans to purchase it depending on the inputs from this forums.
Now, what do you mean in the quote above? The engine must never start if the proper fuel lever on the pedestal is not put in RUN position. Ever. Or maybe this version has an easy start procedure?

Thank you
Tom

Hi Tom:
First, I have to acknowledge that the C 757-200 is one of the best, if not the best pay-ware commercial planes currently available.

Second, yes, you are correct.  The engines will not start with the fuel lines closed, properly installed and not damaged.  I have written that step in assuming that the fuel lines are already open.  But if not, then of course, open them.  What is kind of special about the cs 757-200 is when the fuel lines are closed; you can hear the starters’ turning and trying to start the engines.

Also, I have written those steps for those who are new to starting the engines.  It took about 2 days for me   to get the engines to start.  Currently, I am not aware of any tutorials for the cold and dark cs 757-200 starting procedures.  I have managed to get the engines to start by following the 767 starting tutorial which was somewhat similar to the 757.

Of course, after the APU devices are shut down, there may be some switches that you may want to leave off, depending on the circumstances such as the anti-ice.

IP Logged

taguilo

Reply #10 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Recency wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 at 11:59pm:
 I have written that step in assuming that the fuel lines are already open.  But if not, then of course, open them.  What is kind of special about the cs 757-200 is when the fuel lines are closed; you can hear the starters’ turning and trying to start the engines.

Well, it happens that fuel switches must be always in OFF position before attemping a start, otherwise you're going to mess the engine with a hot start -at least in real life  Wink
Also it's correct that you hear the engine's initial rotation sound because it actually happens, but only from outside in rl; inside the flight deck it is commonly hidden by cockpit sounds.

Nice to hear that this 757 version is a good one ..

Tom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top