Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
C130X Performance (Read 3659 times)
mjthfx

C130X Performance
Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Guys

Lately I can't get the C130X to perform better than 7fps. I've had it up around 11-13 but not anymore. In fact, its un-usable in multiplayer environment as the fps get so low FSX crashes.

Is there any preloading tricks in ACE to make it better on FPS, for example i've tried turning off glass reflection as well as turning on LOW paint specular in ACE as well.

At first I thought this was a FSX problem so I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX and get good performance 18-20 fps with default MS planes as well as other payware and freeware planes.

The biggest problem is that the C130x has so many features and detail, that you wish so hard it worked properly.  Sad

- Mark Thompson&&
&&System Specs: &&P4 3.2Ghz Hyperthread - 4 GB RAM&&Nvidia 8800GT 512MB - 500 GB SATA HD&&SB Audigy SE sound&&Windows XP Pro (SP3)&&
&&FSX (SP1, SP2) - ASX - X Graphics - UTX - GEXen &&CH Yoke - CH Pedals - CH Pro Throttle - CH Fighterstick - CH Quad Throttle

IP Logged

USMC6044

Re: C130X Performance
Reply #1 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 12:41am
Print Post  
mjthfx,

The only way we maybe able to help you would be if you give us your system specs. Mine stays above 30fps while flying but can drop down to 15 to 20 depending on air traffic at that airport. I normally only fly online so not sure how it does on FSX air traffic.

Asus A8NSLI deluxe &&AMD 4800+ ATHLON 64 X2 DUAL-CORE&&XFX GeFORCE 8800 GTS 320MB&&500 GIG Western Digital SATA HD&&4 gigs Ram&&win xp pro sp2&&Ch products Yoke,Pedals, and Throttle Quad&&700watt Thermal Take PS

IP Logged

JB

Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
mjthfx wrote on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 9:52pm:
Guys

Lately I can't get the C130X to perform better than 7fps. I've had it up around 11-13 but not anymore....

11-13 FPS at best?  That tells me your computer may not be powerful
enough to run the C-130X properly?

Also, a lot depends on where you fly and what altitude.

At low level over high autogen areas like big cities and airports the
frame rate will drop significantly.

Out in the country side and at higher altitudes you'll find frame rates a lot higher.

IP Logged

mjthfx

Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the delay in reporting back as I just did the whole uninstall everything and reinstall fsx, and sp1 thinking it may be the Accel/SP2 update causing the slowness, but nope, same thing under 10

P4 3.2Ghz Hyperthread
4 GB RAM
8800GT 512MB Nvidia
500 GB hard drive with 300GB++ free
SB Audigy SE sound

To me, should be plenty of hardware and like I said I was geting around 13 but lately its been terrible.

All Airtraffic turned off

Thanks for your replys hope to hear more from you soon... oh yeah one more thing... I went through a bunch of tweak sites on Simvation as well as PDMG forums too.

Mark

- Mark Thompson&&
&&System Specs: &&P4 3.2Ghz Hyperthread - 4 GB RAM&&Nvidia 8800GT 512MB - 500 GB SATA HD&&SB Audigy SE sound&&Windows XP Pro (SP3)&&
&&FSX (SP1, SP2) - ASX - X Graphics - UTX - GEXen &&CH Yoke - CH Pedals - CH Pro Throttle - CH Fighterstick - CH Quad Throttle

IP Logged

JB

Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Your Pentium 4 processor might be your problem.  FSX places a
huge demand on the processor, and with  the C-130X on top of
that, things will slow down a great deal.

Try backing off on all your sliders and see if that helps.

Also, try dropping the Ac Pack and run only SP1 and SP2.
Ac Pack causes slow downs on some computers.  It did
on mine.

With SP2 you don't need all  those tweaks.  Some will slow down
your system.  Check out Phil Taylors blog on http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/default.aspx

Defrag your system on a regular basis and get rid of any programs
you don't use.  Run your computer as clean as possible.

I hope this helps.

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
mjthfx wrote on Jul 31st, 2008 at 9:26pm:
Sorry for the delay in reporting back as I just did the whole uninstall everything and reinstall fsx, and sp1 thinking it may be the Accel/SP2 update causing the slowness, but nope, same thing under 10

P4 3.2Ghz Hyperthread
4 GB RAM
8800GT 512MB Nvidia
500 GB hard drive with 300GB++ free
SB Audigy SE sound

To me, should be plenty of hardware and like I said I was geting around 13 but lately its been terrible.

All Airtraffic turned off

Thanks for your replys hope to hear more from you soon... oh yeah one more thing... I went through a bunch of tweak sites on Simvation as well as PDMG forums too.

Mark

I had FPS problems with my computer also and I am running a Core 2 Quad processor.
I solved my problem by going into START>RUN (or hold the Windows flag key and hit "R"
Type in "msconfig" without the quotes and see what is running in the background under the "Services" and "Start Up" tabs.
Shut down programs that are obviously not required.  Don't worry about shutting something that you think may damage your computer.  Nothing that you shut down in "Services" or "Start-Up" can cause any damage to your computer.  If you select something that may damage your computer by not running, you will get a message.
Restart your computer and in Vista you won't get any message, but in Windows Xp you will get a message saying that you have "selective" starting active.  Just cancel out of that and start your flightsim.
See if it runs better.  If it does, you have a background program interfering and may want to play around starting programs one at a time until you find which, or if everything runs good, just leave it the way it is.
Note: Before installing new programs you will want to turn on the "Windows Installer" or you won't be able to uninstall them in the Control Panel.
I also found that because my gaming computer is the host on my network, I had to turn some network related programs back on and some Windows sound programs back on.  Other than that, I left everything else off and FSX runs great.
If you run into OOM errors, that is something else that can be fixed, but differently.
Bob

IP Logged

mjthfx

Reply #6 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 1:01am
Print Post  
JB and Bob

Thanks for both of your responses...

JB: I haven't reinstalled ACCEL/SP2 yet so I will download and install just SP2 and give it a try.

I purchased OO Defrag and defrag regularly (once a month or so depending on activity)

Bob: Great tip but have already gone down that road, but thanks any way, always worth giving ideas out with hopes something hasn't been tried before.

I will take a look at Phil's log again and let you know... I will hold off on installing the new C130X SP2 base pack until I try SP2 by itself and some other things you kind gents have suggested...

I will keep you posted, and many thanks again!
Mark

- Mark Thompson&&

IP Logged

mjthfx

Reply #7 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Guys

Early testing, so trying not to get too excited but just upgraded FSX SP1 to SP2 (no Acceleration, just stand-a-lone SP2 from fsinsider) and so far getting back up to double digits!

11-14 fps, still not super, but at least manageable... again, very early testing, but starting out good.

Still haven't upgraded to C130 1.2 yet as I don't want to change too many variables.

So there maybe something to Acceleration SP2 vs Just SP2  Shocked

- Mark Thompson&&

IP Logged

mjthfx

Reply #8 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Update: getting consistant low teens with FSX SP2. I really can't understand from a dev standpoint why its better using the downloaded SP2, rather than the Acceleration-SP2 that I purchased.

Downloaded Base 1.2 and was doing beautifully... 16fps in VC... I can live with that  Smiley

What I can't live with is complete lock up flying CS C130X Base 1.2  Cry

I will try to reproduce before sending in a ticket as it was second flight using Base1.2.

- Mark Thompson&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top