Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Legendary C-130 Extra Pack Support (Read 42085 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

Legendary C-130 Extra Pack Support
May 14th, 2008 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Legendary C-130 Extra Pack is the last FS9 title in the Legendary C-130 series.

Development of the Legendary C-130 for FS9 discontinued. So please do not expect any patches or upgrades.

Known issues:
1. the Legendary C-130 Extra Pack might not work with ACE. It's not the Extra Pack fault, it's just ACE 'knows' nothing about the Extra Pack. Sorry but we are not going to upgrade ACE because it's a part of another big product (C-130 base Pack).

If you experience some other issues with Extra Pack you can report them in this topic following the rules

But as far as development for FS9 discontinued we have just 3 answers to all inquires:
1. Please try again
2. Please search the forum
3. If the products has not been installed/activated, you can request a refund

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Re: Legendary C-130 Extra Pack Support
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2008 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Hi Captainsin!

Every one has its proper and own policy but there are a lot of pools that shows the longevity of fs9!! Please, see below:

http://www.alliedfsgroup.com/?RhZbkYiCnAlN5vZqbekXqH2vX321XkYgjV

http://digital-aviation.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4286

And so long......

All sim developers releases models for both sims! I'm not saying that, it's on the net! There are a lot of new releases to come this month (and for the rest of the year) for both sims, and a lot of releases being doing only for fs9, at a first time.

Regards

Fábio

The more you fly, the more you learn. So, don't try to fly like your mom wants: slowly and low!!!&&

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2008 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Hi Captainsim!!

I did a test and it work!
I transfered to the Legendary_C-130 folder, all models and texture folders of both new Legendary_C-133 and Legendary_LC-130 and copied the respective aircraft entries to the C-130 acft.cfg. Now, the C-130 ACE reads all new models. The only bug is with the EICAS panel in the VC view (it's OK in the 2D view). The rest works fine!!! Regarding the EICAS in the VC view, I don't know how to identify it (don't have time and knowlege to do it)!

Is there a possibility to do that in a simple and official way? I mean, a new package with this little change (don't know if it's really little, I'm not a programer)? So, we would be able to configure the aircrafts and it will be easear for the repainters to do new textures (and it will be a lot of them) using ACE for installation!

Regards and tks a lot

Fábio

The more you fly, the more you learn. So, don't try to fly like your mom wants: slowly and low!!!&&

IP Logged

ecue1974

fero...sed semper lupus

Re: Do you need more models for FS2004?
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2008 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Me again Captainsim!

Now, all models load correctly (don't know why) and there is NO fs9 (fs9.1) freezes and CTD!! But, no specific models (as above described before) are shown in ACE. Also, when in the  C-130 ACE I select EICAS to the NC-130H (panel config), in the VC mode, there is an empty (dark) EICAS panel. In the 2D panel, no problem!

Regards

Fábio

Also, when in the  C-130J-30 or MK3 or C103H-30 i switch 2d cockpit to 3d cockpit FS9 crash!!!
The matte-semi gloss is not selectable!!!

Captainsim????

IP Logged

ecue1974

fero...sed semper lupus

Re: Do you need more models for FS2004?
Reply #4 - May 14th, 2008 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Also...

Huh
Huh

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2008 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Hi Captainsim!!!

About the test I did, please read below:

"I did a test and it work!
I transfered to the Legendary_C-130 folder, all models and texture folders of both new Legendary_C-133 and Legendary_LC-130 and copied the respective aircraft entries to the C-130 acft.cfg. Now, the C-130 ACE reads all new models. The only bug is with the EICAS panel in the VC view (it's OK in the 2D view). The rest works fine!!! Regarding the EICAS in the VC view, I don't know how to identify it (don't have time and knowlege to do it)!  

Is there a possibility to do that in a simple and official way? I mean, a new package with this little change (don't know if it's really little, I'm not a programer)? So, we would be able to configure the aircrafts and it will be easear for the repainters to do new textures (and it will be a lot of them) using ACE for installation! "

So, is there something that could be done about it? Is it possible or not? Only to know if we can expect something to the near future (I know that your policy is to end all fs9 developments)! But, the fs9 C-130 family is such a soberb project (and used till now by a great amount of people) that it is a pity don't have for it a glorious end!!!!

Regards and tks a lot

Fábio

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #6 - May 16th, 2008 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Hi Captainsim!!!
Do you have any news about it?

BTW, I have noticed problems with the streched models (freezes computer), particular the models "6b" (L-100), "10b" (C-130H-30) and "22b" (C.MK3), when going through VC for the external view. They freezes in VC view!!! The model "23b" (C-130J-30) is OK, as all other models from the Extra Pack!!! I have installed it several times but the problem persists in those 3 models! Perhaps there is something to do with the VC, or is there something missing in the respective textures? When switchinh directly form 2D view to the external view (by the fs9 menu), everything goes normal. But, going to VC, freezes computer. Only in those three models.

The models are great and I would like to have them OK!!!

I would appreciate an answer from you!!!

Regards

Fábio

IP Logged

so666

Reply #7 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
The crashing to desk top of the streached c130 & L100 i have found the cause,it was caused by one of the vc texture.bmp being saved in a different format as the rest.
Trouble is its been that long since the forum was working i have forgotten which one in particular was the problem,so if you copy and paste the following files from your c130 basepack into the streached c130/l100 models:-
C130_C1_T
C130_C2_T
C130_C3_T
C130_C4_T
C130_C5_T
C130_C6_T
C130_C9_T
C130_C10_T
C130_C11_T
C130_C13_T
this stopped my extrapack  for fs9 crashing to  desktop.
I also noticed that if you had the refueller c130,the extra pack would take the refuelling hose panel symbol out,and you could not operate the refuel hoses,my cure was to reload the c130 refueller,then rename the panel files in the base pack/and any other c130 you have installed prior to the extra pack,and then reload the extra pack.
You then need to edit in note pad the original c130 packs,so they call up the renamed panels.
some faults i could not fix,they are:-
1) on the streached C130/L100,the cooling ducts are not on top of eng1,but are halfway into the upper left wing
2) on the L100-30 if you open the ramp door,you can see through the area where the rear L/R doors should be from inside to the outside
3) on the c130j-30/c130H-30/C-MK3 i cannot open the rear doors
4) do not configure them to work with the ace,as the ski jato smoke will replace the eng smoke,and captsim did not do the models required for the vc digital flightdeck,hence the black hole discribed in an earlier post,where the eng digital gauge should be,and you cannot get the external tanks to appear,as this needs extra models.
Captian sim did say they where not ace compliant.
I have also done a paintkit template for the streached drum,and tested it on our va repaint,if captsim could let me have the info as to where i can send it,you would just need this in conjunction with the original paintkits.
regards alan. Cool

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Hi Captainsim!!

Is it possible for you to correct (if not all issues) the CTD of the streched models?? I think that's not so difficult for you to perform  that, isn't it??? Alan's modification for me didn't correct the CTD issue!!!!

Regards

Remenber: 22 euros to have CTD!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Development of this product for FS9 has been discontinued so please do not expect any Service Pack. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We would recommend to consider FSX version of the C-130.

IP Logged

so666

Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Hi santos.
Do you have the freeware prog called DXT.BMP,it converts the bmps so fs9 can see them,its mainly used after you have done a repaint with a program like paintshop pro.
If you do have it then look at the bmp i stated in my earlier post,and check to see if they are saved in extended 16bit 565,one of these was in a different mode and caused the crash to desktop.
If you dont have the freeware DXT.BMP,you should be able to get it from avsim or flightsim.com.
It takes about 5 min to figure out how to use.
regards alan. Cool

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #11 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 at 3:50pm:
Development of this product for FS9 has been discontinued so please do not expect any Service Pack. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We would recommend to consider FSX version of the C-130.

Dear Captainsim!

With so many important aircraft and scenery developers releasing (and promissing future releases)  of fantastic products (you have been looking at the net, for sure, don't need to say whom or what) for fs9 (first and mainly)...and also for FSX. And that is your answer?
I, with my almost top-end machine, won't use FSX, so do a lot of simmers around the world (please, see the statistics, a lot of them). I'ts impossible to use that sim at a resonable performance (far away from the high performance of fs9 and...so perfect in graphics as the FSX running with NASA's super computers. I know that FSX has more possibilities, but we can't use them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or, if we try to use 20% of them, the sim almost stops! I have a QuadCore processor, 3Mb Ram, 512Mb graphic card and it's not enought for FSX. What a stupid sim is that. I tried a lot of tweeks but gived it up. My fs9 runs as a dream, and with so many addons I have impooving graphic quality, it's much much better than FSX. Believe me, it's thruth!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, an aswer like that get me nervous and very desapointed (please, see my personal list of products I both from you)! That's the reason of my angry position about the answer I received from you!

All the best!

Regards

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #12 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 4:00am
Print Post  
so666 wrote on Jun 27th, 2008 at 4:57pm:
Hi santos.
Do you have the freeware prog called DXT.BMP,it converts the bmps so fs9 can see them,its mainly used after you have done a repaint with a program like paintshop pro.
If you do have it then look at the bmp i stated in my earlier post,and check to see if they are saved in extended 16bit 565,one of these was in a different mode and caused the crash to desktop.
If you dont have the freeware DXT.BMP,you should be able to get it from avsim or flightsim.com.
It takes about 5 min to figure out how to use.
regards alan. Cool

Hi Alan!!!

I did your recomendation and realy, there was a bitmap saved in a wrong format. Now it runs better. Tks a lot for your dedication!!! But when I acces the OH, bang....CTD! I thing there are more issues to be solved, by people like many of you, interested in saving your 22 boxes, or perhaps God or Jesus, I think they are a bit more clever and don't use FSX by now!!!

All the best my friend!!!

Fábio

IP Logged

Mr.toto

Reply #13 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 4:42am
Print Post  
models "6b" (L-100), "10b" (C-130H-30) and "22b" (C.MK3),
when going through VC for the external view. They freezes in VC
view!!! The model "23b" (C-130J-30) is OK

----------------------------------------

Same problems  Cry Cry

Only C-130J-30 can fly normaly

but C130H-30, L-100 ==> 2D and VC panel hangs and restart FS everytime
when i begin to open overhead panel or change to VC mode
the game hang and restart!!! T_T

Please help my 19.99 Euros. Cry Cry

IP Logged

so666

Reply #14 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Hi Mr.toto.
see a couple of my posts earlier on page one,i found that the crash to desktop was caused by a VC.bmp being saved in the wrong format,but i could not remember exactly which one,to rectify,you will need a programe called DXT.BMP,this is a freeware programe,used by people like me who do aircraft repaints,takes about 5 min to learn how to use it,i have the full list of VC bit maps that need to be looked at,and the format needed to be saved in.
I also saved the C130_C13_T in the same format,and found the reflections in the cockpit windows,did not go solid for as long,so changing views did not inder your flying as much,but this one does not cause the crash to desktop,so you dont have to alter this one if you dont wish to.
hope this helps you enjoy these extra aircraft,there is still faults with them,but it is up to captsim,to decide weather its worth thier effort or not,but dont hold your breath,but at least you will be able to fly them.

Regards alan. Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top