Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20  Send TopicPrint
 25 How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread. (Read 229620 times)
fsx1507

Re: How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread.
Reply #270 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 11:23am
Print Post  
ok i also have an issue related to autopilot
lets start from the begining.....
ok i bought 757 captain because it seemed to me that it was a cool add-on for fsx. so i got it and eventualy got it on my laptop and tried to go to ibiza ils with autopilot. only thing was.. when i engauged the autopilot the plane started to rock and i thought that it was a serious problem. so a couple of months later i bought 767 captain so that i could do longhaul routes.. and when i engauged autopilot the same thing happened. i then joined thomson virtual and had a leson on the autopilot (and even the instructor was puzzled by what was going on). i then read up and downloaded 757 (as i was flying this at the time) service pack 1.4. the autopilot rocking was fixed for both aircraft. but then.. autopilot would even work. the butttons for l-nav and v-nav are unresponsive and the HDG, ALT and SPD switches were lit but the autopilot was unresponsive so i then looked for any toutorials on youtube. i followed them and worked out that i needed to align the ILS. i tried that and still it wouldnt respond and i even programed the FMC to follow the route via going to presaved flightplans but still autopilot was unresponsive. Sad i realy need to get the issue fixed and the tutorials are not working for me. so i then tried selecting the autopilot HDG swich using right click which dosent work for my laptop as right clicking only brings up the options menu  (views, air traffic hide menu bar options)

ok so basicly nothing works and things just light up and dont do anything. having tried everything it looks like this chrismas will be sad (i may get rid of the add-ons). which is a shame because i realy want to do longhaul flights and i cant fly for 23 hours (manualy on fsx i screw up and the plane drifts and i dont get to my destination) please respond as soon as possibe with a soulution if not then it looks like bye bye to 757 and 767 captain this year Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

windycityflyer

Reply #271 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Hi fsx1507:

CS 757 is now at v4.6 and CS 767 is now at v1.5...Not sure if you have the latest versions. For CS 757, if you're on v4.4, you may wish to save/retain a copy of v4.4 in case you find that you prefer the v4.4 version to the latest (and the last free) version v4.6. Hope Autopilot issues get resolved...You said you're running these on the laptop...Hmmm...just wondering if your laptop Specs are robust enough, but I do not have much experience w/ FSX on the laptop (except the Demo... Wink...)

Merry Christmas!

IP Logged

RTod

Reply #272 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Me Too! I have read the manuals, downloaded the videos on you tube, read the forum, done everything that I am suppose to do. Aligned the ILS and nothing works ever! This needs to be looked at! Auto pilot simply does not work  for MANY of us might be repeat customers....if we had faith in the products!

IP Logged

theguz

Reply #273 - Dec 25th, 2011 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
I can't figure out the VNAV.  It does not descend as it should.  It does a strange calculation for descend and does not follow the FMC.  Why Why Why?  I will need to switch to ALT Hold and V/S on final approach otherwise the approach is ugly.  I'm still scratching my head... Undecided

Bob&&757-200&&767-300&&757-300&&777-200&&http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif

IP Logged

fsx1507

Reply #274 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
you may have remebered that i posted above that i had a problem with autopilot on both 767 captain and 757 captain. well now the problem for 767 captain has been fixed (apart from the heading, it dosent want to follow any heading i set) so now im going to update 757 captain and see if this is corrected and i have no problems after.

also windycityflyer you wanted to know my laptop specs well here they are:
Intel dual core/AMD athlon II x2 processor p20 (2.1 GHZ)
500gb hdd
4gb ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

BTW thanks for helping  Smiley

IP Logged

fsx1507

Reply #275 - Jan 5th, 2012 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
[quote author=fsx1507 link=1208974623/270#274 date=1325694985]you may have remebered that i posted above that i had a problem with autopilot on both 767 captain and 757 captain. well now the problem for 767 captain has been fixed (apart from the heading, it dosent want to follow any heading i set) so now im going to update 757 captain and see if this is corrected and i have no problems after.

ok so.. ive got even more problems with the aircraft
i was doing a flight to ibiza and these problems occured
the autopilot didnt work
the aircraft continued to climb even though i had no throtle on which resulted in the aircraft crashing

so having that been from the last update from captainsim i can say only this
DEAR CAPTAIN SIM
                             I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR AUTOPILOT IS VERRY UNRELIABLE AND WHAT YOU SAY IN SUPPORT ABOUT HOW TO ACTIVATE AUTOPILOT IS FOR ME WRONG .IM JUST SO ANNOYED AND FED UP THAT IVE TRYED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING IS WORKING Angry IVE SEARCHED AND TRYED EVERYTHING SO FOR THE LAST TIME
   PLS SOMEONE HELP ME NOW BEFORE I GO INSANE Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
                                               REGARDS FSX 1507

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Embarrassed Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

theguz

Reply #276 - Jan 16th, 2012 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Make sure the weather is updated every 15 minutes.  I think that helped me.

Bob&&757-200&&767-300&&757-300&&777-200&&http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif

IP Logged

fsx1507

im thinking about a re-fund
Reply #277 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
this is why i want a refund  
lets start from the begining.....
ok i bought 757 captain because it seemed to me that it was a cool add-on for fsx. so i got it and eventualy got it on my laptop and tried to go to ibiza ils with autopilot. only thing was.. when i engauged the autopilot the plane started to rock and i thought that it was a serious problem. so a couple of months later i bought 767 captain so that i could do longhaul routes.. and when i engauged autopilot the same thing happened. i then joined thomson virtual and had a leson on the autopilot (and even the instructor was puzzled by what was going on). i then read up and downloaded 757 (as i was flying this at the time) service pack 1.4. the autopilot rocking was fixed for both aircraft. but then.. autopilot would even work. the butttons for l-nav and v-nav are unresponsive and the HDG, ALT and SPD switches were lit but the autopilot was unresponsive so i then looked for any toutorials on youtube. i followed them and worked out that i needed to align the ILS. i tried that and still it wouldnt respond and i even programed the FMC to follow the route via going to presaved flightplans but still autopilot was unresponsive.  i realy need to get the issue fixed and the tutorials are not working for me. so i then tried selecting the autopilot HDG swich using right click which dosent work for my laptop as right clicking only brings up the options menu  (views, air traffic hide menu bar options)

ok so basicly nothing works and things just light up and dont do anything. having tried everything it looks like this chrismas will be sad (i may get rid of the add-ons). which is a shame because i realy want to do longhaul flights and i cant fly for 23 hours (manualy on fsx i screw up and the plane drifts and i dont get to my destination)

being as no one is helping me i am considering destroying my copy of cs 757 and 767 (both boxed) unless someone can get off there chair and help me (btw why dont YOU captainsim, support the boxed version of YOUR  captain sim 757 products? i find that verry annoying)  also i bought them both from amazon uk, so can someone from captainsim please assist me in fixing the problem, or tell me if your having the same problems.  pls respond ASAP with a solution to the problem im having . Undecided Cry Angry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: im thinking about a re-fund
Reply #278 - Feb 10th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I think that only sad news are available.  Undecided

First of all, the box vendor is the only one that could issue refunds. Not CS, they only sell downloads here and refunding them is generally not available, though may be an item of asking for it. As said, this does not affect any boxed products. Box goes to the vendor of that box, legally correct though sometimes not that easy to accept.

Sad news two, the same applies to the updates. The 757 is 4.6 now, the 767 is 1.5 but if you are running any box (except for the another company 767 one), you can't access them. That's not something I'm too happy about, but I may add that, again, the vendor of the boxes has to make sure that he can access updates through CS itself for his customers.

That's a business to business agreement and therefore two sides are involved. So if one refuses to set up a proper agreement, the customer can't get updates. another company for example did, so their customers can access proper CS updates. another company and Amazon may not have such an agreement. Means no update path available there.

On the actual problems. One source of wonky autopilots with the 4.4 and 1.4 releases has been an outdated or faulty FSUIPC installation. You will find quite some stuff when searching these forums, so please stick to the threads.
If you don't find anything (which of course means that you've tried), feel free to ask.

I can fully understand that a wonky behaving plane isn't able to produce fun. I had 4.4 running fine and 1.4 too, so there's a chance that your boxed software (being the same version, 4.4 757 and 1.4 767) will run fine too. As for the refund. Read the above, wrong place to ask and look for one in terms of boxes. Sorry.  Undecided

IP Logged

Patresko

Reply #279 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
i dont know how to set up cdu

IP Logged

DAL191

Reply #280 - Mar 3rd, 2012 at 4:50am
Print Post  
Patresko wrote on Mar 1st, 2012 at 2:41pm:
i dont know how to set up cdu

There are 19 pages of solutions and problems in this thread. Maybe you better start reading at page 1. Also have a look at this written tuturial http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220997876/0#0.

Michael Cubine

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case, Corsair 1200W PS, Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler,I7-2700K 4.6GHz, ASRock Z68 ProfessionalGen3 MB, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 MHz 2-300GB VelociRaptor 10000RPM SATA 16MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780ti, 3072MB, GDDR5, PCIe, ASUS 27" LED Monitor, Windows7 64bit, FSX Gold

IP Logged

luev25

Reply #281 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Thanks For All The Help!!!

-Luev25

IP Logged

Jared_Maurtua

Autopilot Rocking.
Reply #282 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 4:01am
Print Post  
I was just using my CS 757 with the autopilot. It starts rocking back and fourth like crazy and then stalls. Can anyone help with this or tell me how to fix it? Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

&&&&&&&&

IP Logged

Eric.M

Re: Autopilot Rocking.
Reply #283 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 6:23am
Print Post  
When does the rocking occur? Im assuming at cruise/ level flight. Are you using any weather addons and/or have FSUIPC installed?

IP Logged

gandy

Re: Autopilot Rocking.
Reply #284 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Also turbulence will cause rocking, I flew through a thunderstorm and above one and the turbulence was quite bad.

&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top