Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Departure Movie (Read 8314 times)
Stormfly

Departure Movie
Apr 22nd, 2008 at 5:08am
Print Post  
aloha,

ive made a little 15 minute footage, where the Captain Sim 757 Frighter is departing...

here is the link -> http://files.filefront.com/CS757200F+departure+foota1wmv/;12237250;/fileinfo.htm...

...used Track IR 4, Radar Contact, FDC Livecockpit, etc... for even higher quality just download it, recommendet viewer is VLC media player.

Thank You Captain Sim

Stormy

IP Logged

macejoj

Re: Departure Movie
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Hi, very nice video !
What configuration of PC you have that you manage to have such a smooth performance ? -)
Jan

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Nice video, thank you!

IP Logged

Stormfly

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 11:21am
Print Post  
macejoj wrote on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 6:34am:
Hi, very nice video !
What configuration of PC you have that you manage to have such a smooth performance ? -)
Jan

oh nothing special, E6600, gforce 8800GTX, 2GB RAM and so on, but the encoder steals about 30% performance while recording...  Shocked

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Very nice and professional video ! Thank you !

Can you tell from where you take off ?

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

Stormfly

Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Cthulhus wrote on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 2:44pm:
Very nice and professional video ! Thank you !

Can you tell from where you take off ?

he he yes i can, but plz guess first  Grin

...no, it is Ibiza LEIB, and if you wonder about the atc, yes i know it is greece chatter;) ...need to know where to find spanish chatter, but no luck til now.

IP Logged

windycloud

Reply #6 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Very impressive movie! Toward the end of the video I see you engaged A/P and LNAV and VNAV.  At that point the A/P commanded a power reduction and from a 4000 ft/min climb to a -500ft/min descend.  You then engaged FLCH.  Why was that? Was that due to the MCP ALT at that point? I hope the A/P didn't do that for no good reason.

By looking at the altimeter the VC gauge refresh rate is not bad but toward the low end.  But that may be the video itself?

Again, very good video.  The best presentation of this newly completed 757 that I've seen so far. thanks.  One more patch and I'm most likely buying this beauty!

Jason

IP Logged

Stormfly

Reply #7 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
windycloud wrote on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 5:22pm:
Very impressive movie! Toward the end of the video I see you engaged A/P and LNAV and VNAV.  At that point the A/P commanded a power reduction and from a 4000 ft/min climb to a -500ft/min descend.  You then engaged FLCH.  Why was that? Was that due to the MCP ALT at that point? I hope the A/P didn't do that for no good reason.

By looking at the altimeter the VC gauge refresh rate is not bad but toward the low end.  But that may be the video itself?

Again, very good video.  The best presentation of this newly completed 757 that I've seen so far. thanks.  One more patch and I'm most likely buying this beauty!

Jason

ohh yes he he, you got me...

that wasn`t a false behavior, the problem was i selected a SID with altitude constraints of 1600 and 5000 feet`s at 2 points, but ATC cleared allready FL150. At this point, ap just followed altitude restrictions as programmed in the SID, normaly i should go to FMS`s vnav climb page and select "climb dir" for direct climb to selected MCP ALT. Problem currently is, that only "descent dir" is currently aviable in the FMC, so i selected FLCH. The manual says that "climb dir" function should be there, i have to report this.
*EDIT* This behavior is not always but on some SID`s

Yes, my refresh rates of VC altimeter and vertical speed arent the best, but some people report better results, but this is again subjective... FSX version must have very good gauge refresh rates, and i hope they work on a better performance for the fsx version, as the current fsx modell is very low on frames for me.

IP Logged

windycloud

Reply #8 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the reply!

IP Logged

elyab

Reply #9 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
First of all, amazing video Stormfly!
(I use TrackIR4 too)  Wink

Just wondering is it only me with a dead CDU gauge in VC and pop-up window instead...?  Sad
In your video built in CDU worked fine!
(I have Blocks B 1.4, F 2.0...)

IP Logged

Stormfly

Reply #10 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
elyab wrote on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 7:30pm:
First of all, amazing video Stormfly!
(I use TrackIR4 too)  Wink

Just wondering is it only me with a dead CDU gauge in VC and pop-up window instead...?  Sad
(I have Blocks B 1.4, F 2.0...)

no, it isnt...

as i purchased the frighter, i could use the CDU from VC too (only with the frighter), but this is allready discussed somewhere...

IP Logged

elyab

Reply #11 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Thanks Stormfly!
OK. Now I have to add only a frighter and not the whole PRO PACK as I thought before...

IP Logged

Stormfly

Reply #12 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
elyab wrote on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 7:46pm:
Thanks Stormfly!
OK. Now I have to add only a frighter and not the whole PRO PACK as I thought before...

...renember, ihave it currently only in the frighter, not in my -200 pax.

IP Logged

windycloud

Reply #13 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Are you saying the CDU is 2D popup only in the pro pack? Do you know if Captainsim plans to retrofit it soon? I don't really plan on getting the F or 300 models since I think the 200s in the propack are quick surficient for me.  But if the 200 models are in fact not as advanced as the F or the 300 (VC CDU and what more? ) I'll think twice about getting the propack.

Thanks,

Jason

IP Logged

Stormfly

Reply #14 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
windycloud wrote on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 9:02pm:
Are you saying the CDU is 2D popup only in the pro pack? Do you know if Captainsim plans to retrofit it soon? I don't really plan on getting the F or 300 models since I think the 200s in the propack are quick surficient for me.  But if the 200 models are in fact not as advanced as the F or the 300 (VC CDU and what more? ) I'll think twice about getting the propack.

Thanks,

Jason

i say nothing.... it is simply as it is for my installation here, and i think it`s only a bug. As we report it, CS wanted to make shure that we install all blogs in the right order ie. block C last and so on... i will test that again in 2 or 3 days, but i guess that wont help here, as someone did it so and wont help him, so iam pretty shure, the problem is the Block B mdl file, and i dont know if exactly this modell is used in the new Pro Pack.  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

windycloud

Reply #15 - Apr 22nd, 2008 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Ok thanks.  No big deal.  I'll sit still for now and see how the future patches will come along.  By reading through the posts here I have a short list of things I would like to see fixed and added before I would get it.  Nothing major, it's very very close now.

Jason

IP Logged

b757200

Reply #16 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 5:47am
Print Post  
yes its a popup only (at least on the 200) but unless you have trackir it wouldnt matter tbh

sometimes after vnav is engaged the plane will dip downwards.. not sure why

great video! what the cockpit software you are using?

IP Logged

Stormfly

Reply #17 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 10:04am
Print Post  
b757200 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 5:47am:
yes its a popup only (at least on the 200) but unless you have trackir it wouldnt matter tbh

sometimes after vnav is engaged the plane will dip downwards.. not sure why

great video! what the cockpit software you are using?

yes, sometimes if you selected a SID with altitude constraints, that is normal.

I used FDC Livecockpit from another company, but if aviable FS2CREW would be better in my eyes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top