Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Updated Wing Lights/Strobes? (Read 5767 times)
Aerodynamic

Updated Wing Lights/Strobes?
Apr 12th, 2008 at 12:58am
Print Post  
I was really excited to see this was on the fix list for 2.0.  However, the lights look exactly the same and have the same irratic flashing behavior.  Can you provide some info as to what was updated?  Those strobes have always bothered me and they take away from the realism of the model.  Aside from the strobes, the model is stunning!

Here is the standard info:

1. Product name and version?  
Captain Sim 757 Block F V2.0    

2. Download or a box?  
Download    

3. MSFS version?  
FS9  

4. MSFS Service Pack version?  
FS9.1  

5. What exactly doesn’t work or works wrong? (screenshot required for all graphics related issues)  
Strobe lights still flash irregularly even though the Block F 2.0 description says they were updated along with "wing" lighting

6. When it happens?  
Always 

7. How exactly do you think it supposed to work?  
The strobe on each wing tip should flash simultaneously once every 2 seconds

8. What is your system? (OS, video card , RAM, CPU, Sound Card)    
Windows Vista Home Premium, nVidia GeForce 8800GTS, 2GB, Core2 @3.02ghz

Thanks,
Scott  

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Updated Wing Lights/Strobes?
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Wing lights and Wing strobes are different lights:

Wing lights are installed on a fuselage. Added in 2.0
Wing strobes (white and red) are installed on wingtips. White strobes added in 2.0

How often they flash depends a lot on computer performance.
Anyways, it's not a bug.

IP Logged

Aerodynamic

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Apr 12th, 2008 at 2:34am:

Wing strobes (white and red) are installed on wingtips. White strobes added in 2.0

Anyways, it's not a bug.

Regarding the wing lights-
I know where they are on the 757, but there are not any that I can see when I activate the switch in Block F 2.0.  Are you saying this was put into the model?  Perhaps someone else can clarify if they can see that feature in their installation.  I do not.

Regarding the strobes-
I have always been able to see the strobes.  They have "flashed" the same since the day I bought the Block B long ago.  I was hoping the model was adjusted with a strobe fix like your notes say.  I am not saying it's a bug, but I am saying that it looks like nothing was updated as far as the 757's lighting is concerned.

Anyone else notice this?

Scott

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 2:37pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Stormfly

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
yes, i have the same picture here, maybe only the source of light is missing ?

IP Logged

Aerodynamic

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2008 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
I apologize.  I have not flown the Block F 2.0 at night yet.  In the day hours, you still cannot see the light on the fuselage actually come on with the switch pressed, but that is a very minor detail since you would not see any light cast due to the sun.  However, that is a cool night feature and I am glad you included this!  

The strobes have not changed, though, and I would think that could be fixed in a future update.  I will say that in the earliest Block B release, they flashed correctly.  However, there was not much (if any) wing flex in that model and I am a big fan of flexing wings.  The later models have all had the goofy strobes.  (Both FS9 and FSX.)

I also would like to add that I do not experience a lot of the issues that some people are stating.  I am overall pretty satisfied with the product.  I didn't like waiting 2 years for it, but at least I have a nice 757 now.  Congrats for being the first developer to provide a "thorough" 757 for the flight sim community!  Phoenix tried, but your model runs laps around theirs.  Yours looks great and flies good.  I was only bothered by the "brakes" message, but I disabled it in the FS9 cfg.  Problem solved.

Thanks,
Scott

IP Logged

kerke

Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2009 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Apr 12th, 2008 at 2:34am:

Anyways, it's not a bug.

I know that this post is from a long time ago but as a new CS757 user, I notice that the CS757 has while lights on the wing tips that blink to simulate a strobe light, but they not real strobe lights that the ones on other payware aircraft. Regarding the blinking frequency and the CPU speed, all I can say is that on the same machine I have other aircraft that do have strobe lights as opposed to the slow blinking while light on the CS757. BTW, I use the ProPack on FS9.1 and XP Pro. I love this aircraft but I know strobe lights and these are not Wink

Kerke

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top