Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Need help with c130 lighting (Read 5658 times)
wa3jml

Need help with c130 lighting
Mar 20th, 2008 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Have been using CapSIM c130 for FS9 for some time, but have never been able to get the lighting to work properly.   I have read the manual, checked the forums etc all to no avail.... Here are the symptoms.... Momentarilly hitting the "L" key in FS9 does nothing.  If however I holding down the "L" key causes the exterior and interior lighting to come on, but release of the key and off they go. They will NOT stay iluminated.  It doesn't make any difference weather your on the ground or in the air!   I have tried using all the switches on the lighting panel in the overhead panel but, when I click them they switch back and forth but no lightsnothing happens!  I have gone thru FS9 and checked the setting again to no avail.....They setting are fine for all my other aircraft. With this said, Question---- Is there a proceedure for turning on the lights (interior / exterior / nav / collision / landing lights etc) If so could someone advise me what it is???  Or is there something else I can try???? Flying at night is a pain in the @%# without lighting!!!!! I love the CApSim 130 and family of repaints but I really would like to have everything working as it should SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE.   I can't find a way to speak with someone in techinical service @ Captain Sim ( I don't think they really exhist)

many thanks in advance
Leave a message here on the forum or at speedtone@verizon.net

IP Logged

Joeflyer

Re: Need help with c130 lighting
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2008 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Hmmm, I've never had a problem in switching on nav and beacon lights. Have you tried pulling up the overhead panel while in 2D mode and switch on the lights that way? What about the taxi and landing light switches...any problems turning them on while in VC or 2D mode?

&&

IP Logged

MikeW

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
I'm a newbie to the Capt Sim C130 and I've experienced every symptom you’ve described in your post. I know how you feel!
The answer to your problem is….you must ensure the generators are turned on.

Even if you start your flight with the engines running, you must go back and turn the generators on! It does not make sense to me, but that is how I solved the problem. Hope it works for you. All the best.

IP Logged

Martin S

Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2016 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
This is an old topic, but rather than start a new thread...

I have exactly the same problem. When I set things up via the battery, rather than via external power, none of the lights external will stay on. Basically, I do this:

Battery - TO ISOLATED DC BUS
Co-Pilots AC Instruments      - ISOLATED DC BUS
AC INST & FVM CONT - ESSENTIAL AC BUS
GTC Door Switch - OPEN
GTC Main Switch - START
Wait for the GREEN light...
Bleed Air Valve Switch - OPEN
ATM Control Switch - ON
ATM Generator Switch - RESET then move to ATM GENERATORS

I can get internal lights, but the external lights, like NAV, won't come on. If you hold down the 'L' key, they flash on then go off. With the electrics set up as above, I should be able to get NAV lights on, no?

If I go via the external power route, then there is no problem. But I'd like to be able to get things right with the battery too - the manuals do not indicate any problems with this.

Thanks for any help!

Martin

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2016 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Hi Martin.

I do it different to you. Here is how I do it:

Battery - TO ISOLATED DC BUS
Co-Pilots AC Instruments      - ESSENTIAL AC  BUS
AC INST & FVM CONT - ESSENTIAL AC BUS
GTC Door Switch - OPEN
GTC Main Switch - START
Wait for the GREEN light...
Bleed Air Valve Switch - OPEN
ATM Control Switch - ON
ATM Generator Switch - RESET then move to ATM GENERATORS

But... I followed your instructions, and the external lights worked just the same as they do when I do it my way. I don't know why it isn't working for you. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top