Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
ATC problems (Read 3192 times)
jackcannon

ATC problems
Feb 25th, 2008 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Has this been mentioned here before? after getting near enough everything right, i found that whilst in free flight, i cant use the automatic ATC ie by pressing the "'" button, the list comes up with options and i can move around them, but i cant tune to a tower.

The other Visual problem i have found is when on the VC view from the ramp, You cant see the humvee, You cant see the added Track, but you can see the shadow, You cant see the fuel tank, You cant see the wall of the Nasa command.

Anyone else got this problem?

IP Logged

lhigley

Re: ATC problems
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2008 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
I'm having exactly the same problem with ATC. So far I haven't been able to find a solution but I'm still looking.

IP Logged

Benudan

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2008 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
COM1 is ON?

IP Logged

lhigley

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2008 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
I found that jfw0371 had a post that solved my problem (and I feel rather stupid). I needed to turn on the radio (the ATC window will open if the radios are off, but you can't use them). I got to the radio stack via shift+2 (the radio button is the tower icon). Clearly I need to think more like a pilot and less like a computer gamer. Also, manuals and checklists. Oh well, live and learn.

IP Logged

Hakenaton

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2010 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
lhigley don't feel bad, I just did the same thing, I am glad I found your post.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Jul 20th, 2010 at 2:52am
Print Post  
If you get the Start-up tutorial from the KB at the Support page, it will tell you to turn ON the radios not too long after turning the battery ON. I have got into a habit of turning them on after turning on the panel lights. For me this is the third step (battery, panel lights, radios).

I actually found a good start-up tutorial, which I prefer to the one mentioned above, by doing a google search. Same as above when it comes to radios. It tells you to turn them ON not long after the battery.

We all live and learn. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top