Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Captain Sim C-130X Kudos (Read 1806 times)
Zoolander64

Captain Sim C-130X Kudos
Feb 1st, 2008 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Greetings All,

This is my first time posting at this forum.  I have been an avid flight simmer since the first FS version on the Apple ][.  I have purchase many add-ons for the various FS versions in the past.  I look for two major things before purchasing any software product: 1) The product is of high quality and 2) support exists to maintain the product.  If these are not satified first, I look elsewhere to spend my money.

I have not yet purchased the Captain Sim C-130X.  Am I dying to buy this product? Yes!  Was I dying to by this product for FS9? Yes!  Let me explain why I did not.  I have been watching and waiting over the years to see if a) the overall product support has improved and b) if the general support department attitude has improved.  From what I have read in the forum for the FS9 version of the C-130, it was the lacking of acceptable support and poor attitude of Captain Sim in their responses.
Now that SP1 is soon a reality I am again evaluating the situation. I am pleased to say that my personal views of Captain Sim with the C-130X product has meet both criteria.  They appear to have produced a overall nice product, and the major bugs that exist seem to be addressed in a soon to be released service pack in an acceptable period of time.  I never expect any product to be released free of bugs.  They have also appeared to have changed their attitude for the better in dealing with customers.

So many kudos to Captain Sim in changing their ways and producing one of the best C-130X's on the market.

-Todd

Zoolander64, aka Todd&&Intel QX9650 (3.85 Ghz OC), CoolIt Freezone Elite, 4GB 1066Mhz RAM, eVGA 780i MB, 3-eVGA 8800GTX SLI, TripleHead2Go Digital, 2-150GB WD Raptor HD(RAID0)+300GB WD HD, NEC CD/DVD Writer, Thermaltake 1200W PS, Thermaltake Armor Plus case

IP Logged

squadros

Re: Captain Sim C-130X Kudos
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2008 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
"one of the best C-130X's on the market"

I agree with the kudos and am a very happy CS customer. I cannot agree, thought, with the last sentence. This is not "one of the best", it is THE BEST C130 on the market, period. By far.  Wink And one of the best planes available, FS9 and FSX included.

A very hard competition, with so many awesome planes out there!

Cheesy

Cheers,
Sergio

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top