Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
FSX and wing tip vortex (Read 6692 times)
braced

FSX and wing tip vortex
Jan 30th, 2008 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
As I stated in another thread, I recently installed (cut & pasted from FS9} my cs707 into FSX. The only thing I have had to tweak thus far is the engine smoke numbers in the aircraft config file. The other issue is the new wing tip vortex that MSFS has added to the program. They appear too high above the wing on the 707. Anyone know where the adjustment is made for this function? The rest of the plane works great in FSX. I used my own panel because I like mine better and I don't think the FS9 cs panel works in FSX?

707, 727, 737, 757, 777

IP Logged

braced

Re: FSX and wing tip vortex
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2008 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the replies guys. Great forum......

707, 727, 737, 757, 777

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 8:29am
Print Post  
The product is not compatible with FSX.

IP Logged

Glock Cop

Ha Ha HA! Loins!

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Im posting here to beg for your help. My FS9 crapped out on me and I miss my 707's pretty bad. You, however, got your to work in FSX. Please email me at scsd_lawman@hotmail.com to tell me what I need to do, or to pass-on any modified files, to get my 707's flying again. Thanks!

&&&&&&&&"Do you know what this could mean to the firm?! The billable hours?! I could finally build that house on the lake - and walk around naked. Ha Ha HA! Dangly parts!"&&&&The great Phil Ken Sebben

IP Logged

braced

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2008 at 4:44am
Print Post  

I disagree. The aircraft is compatible! The panel is not. I use my own panel. You made a fantastic aircraft that will work in FSX minus the panel. The panel bit maps are good, the gauges are not however. The only thing I can not find a fix for is the wing tip vortex as I stated above. I'm sure it is an easy fix once I figure out what the program is reading to make them too high.

To answer the other question, the plane will work just put a different panel in it. You may also have to add you own sound to it as well. If you want to make a panel for it, I suggest buying FS Panel Studio. I made the panel pictured in my other post in this section from a photo. You could even use their panel just swap out the gauges that they use for the old Concorde gauges. They are compatible in FSX. I also cut and pasted the camera views from the default FSX 737 into the aircraft.cfg file. That is all there is to it.

I don't see any reason not to use it in FSX until they come out with a new improved version. Go for it.

707, 727, 737, 757, 777

IP Logged

Braathens

Reply #5 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
My 707 is no longer usable in FSX, I think it happened after installing SP2. The problem now, is that the wing textures and some other textures have gone black, and that looks quite ugly. Anyone knows what this might be? Are the textures incompatible, or what might be wrong?

If the guys at Captain Sim has no answer, maybe someone else has?

IP Logged

VFR Reviews

No, that's not me :P

Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
You could probably remove them altogether...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top