Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
How to install Mig-21 in Combat Flight Sim 2? (Read 4729 times)
kaapro57

How to install Mig-21 in Combat Flight Sim 2?
Jan 25th, 2008 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Hi!

I just purcahsed Capatin Sim's Mig-21 and managed to install it into FS 2004 with no problems. The question is, how to install it into MS Combat Flight Sim2? I gather that the "MS CFS2" in the product description page refers to it. Running the install exe menstions just Flight sim 2002/2004.

Could not find Mig-21 lounge, hope this is close enough!

With best wishes,

Markku Kangas
  Helsinki, Finland

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: How to install Mig-29 in Combat Flight Sim 2?
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2008 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Please re-download the product using Account Suppport section.

IP Logged

kaapro57

Re: How to install Mig-29 in Combat Flight Sim 2?
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2008 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Hi!

Thanks for your kind and prompt answer! I did as suggested, asked for a new download from the support section, got address and downloaded the file. I run it and got two executables, one for FS2002/2004 and another for CFS 2 (one slight problem was that the winrar query window I got when running the downloaded file contained only "?"-characters instead of readable text in, but I guessed that default was "Extract here" and proved to be right).

Now, however, when I run Combat Flight Simulator 2, in the middle of the windscreen there is a warning that this is an unregistered copy and engine will shut down in 1 minute. The installaltion did not create a shortcut for the 21reg.exe file (as it did for 2004), but I found the file in analogical location to the FS2004 file, run it, and gave my name and the serial number as the key. There was a message that product is registered, but the red "unregistered" label still sits there in the middle of the window. I also downloaded and run the the "redirect registration" batch file, but it did not help.

There were no problems with FS2004, at least I did not notice as prominent warning about the matter ins CSF 2.

With best wishes,

Markku

IP Logged

kaapro57

Unable to regeister Mig-21 in Combat Flight Sim 2
Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Hi!

I have now managed to install Mig-21 both into Flight Sim 2004 and Combat Flight Sim2 using the two separate installation exe's provided in the downloaded zip file. In FS2004 Mig works fine, but in CFS2 in the middle of the HUD of the plane there is a red text box telling that this is an unregistered copy and that engine will stop in one minute. I have tried to register the plane using the "21reg.exe" program located in the AIRCRAFT/MIG21_UM/Manual directory using my name as the "name" and registration number provided in the download mail as the "key", and got a message "Mig-21UM registered", but it won't help. As said, there are no problems in FS2004. Am I doing something wrong?

With best wishes,

Markku

IP Logged

kaapro57

Re: How to install Mig-21 in Combat Flight Sim 2?
Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Hi!

Thanks for the help! I managed now to register Mig-21 for CFS2 also  Smiley. And hopefully no typos in my mail this time  Roll Eyes.

Markku

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top