Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 F-117 (Read 11306 times)
captiandon

F-117
Dec 28th, 2007 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
I was just wondering if you guys were planning to update the VC and panel on this wonderfull bird. Also if you were planning on doing away with the Afterburners in the flight dynamics. It would be nice to have a update on this aircraft as the exterrior looks great.

IP Logged

Timothy Krahmer

Re: F-117
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Given the excellent quality of other Capt. Sim products, I was VERY surprised that the F-117 didn't come with a unique and accurate panel. To me, the release of this product without that kind of accuracy seems premature, at best. VERY dis-satisfied!!

Timothy Krahmer
Boise, Idaho  USA
timothykrahmer@hotmail.com

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 7:18am
Print Post  
We have never promised to provide separate cockpit for F-117, please see the product pages and manual.

IP Logged

Timothy Krahmer

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
I recognize no promises were made, and it certainly wasn't advertised as having a separate panel. Just would have been nice since we all know the quality of work you folks produce.

IP Logged

Matt_B

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2008 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
I have to say that having seen the add-on from CS with the Hornet and F-117 for FSX that I am very disappointed and definitely won't be buying it. Who had the stupid idea of making the F-117 capable of utilising aircraft carriers??? Honestly, that is absolutely ridiculous! The same goes for the C-130 on floats. I've not seen a single example in existence in the real world, so why make one for FS???

Come on guys - if you're going to ask us to buy your products, at least make them realistic.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Smiley please bear in mind this is just a game.

IP Logged

David Sweetman

C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Reply #6 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Matt_B wrote on Apr 6th, 2008 at 10:06pm:
I have to say that having seen the add-on from CS with the Hornet and F-117 for FSX that I am very disappointed and definitely won't be buying it. Who had the stupid idea of making the F-117 capable of utilising aircraft carriers??? Honestly, that is absolutely ridiculous! The same goes for the C-130 on floats. I've not seen a single example in existence in the real world, so why make one for FS???

Come on guys - if you're going to ask us to buy your products, at least make them realistic.

Even though the CL-130 (Floats) and the F-117 carrier varient are wild and wacky ideas they are both based on concepts that nearly made it to development.

Here are some articals about there development.

CL-130

http://www.spectrumwd.com/c130/articles/float.htm

F-117 (Carrier variant)

http://www.atfx.org/F-117_NightHawk,EN,16,20,,.html

Dax

IP Logged

Hornet720

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Hi, I understand the frustration of everyone, with regards to the realistic modelling.
I was priviledged to be part of a Personal Development team that visited Cold Lake CAFB, AB from Suffield, as part of the British contingent  guests of our Candian friends in 2003.
The TigerMeet bird 188720 (as displayed on the cover of Canadian Aviator magazine that month, was parked-up on the pan. We were all invited to have our photos taken with 720 in the background.
720 is actually a single-seat CAF-18A. When I initially saw the XLoad model I was a little disappointed to be honest simply because of that. But, I have grown to like the 'CS Artisitc licence' variation, and have made purchase. It would have been nice to have the original model option too, but just to let you know, I'm enjoying the CS version. Thanx.

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Hey,

CS says their textures for the F18D are compatible with the acceleration F18, so if you want you can try to copy the tigermeet textures to that plane...
I haven't tried it, but they keep saying you can on their site...

Tyrion

IP Logged

Hornet720

Reply #9 - Mar 7th, 2009 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Thx Tyrion, I DID see that in one of the posts, maybe I will try it out at some point. In the meantime, I must find that picture to put up for everyone. Roll Eyes

Here you go, hope this works:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc174/DonMcKee/Coldlake/meflight1.jpg

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #10 - Mar 8th, 2009 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Hey hornet,

Nice picture!!
I tested transferring the livery, and it works!!
I will start a new topic with instructions, because it would be a long shot of topic in this one I think.

Tyrion

IP Logged

Hornet720

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2009 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Hi Tyrion

Thx for putting a fresh thread up for that, am gonna give it a go this week when I have 5 mins of my own.
And I should also say thx to CS for producing the XLoad add-on in the first place, your efforts all appreciated.  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top