Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Yahoo!  C-130X Running Great! (Read 3711 times)
JB

Yahoo!  C-130X Running Great!
Dec 28th, 2007 at 12:50am
Print Post  
After a bit of a rough start, I finally have the C-130X running fantastic on my computer.
I had to install FSX SP2, don't know if that helped but it certainly did not hurt.

The biggest improvement was installing a new video driver.  I'm using driver NGO 162.18
from http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1702  It's for Windows XP.
It's a tweaked driver, try it.  I'm getting FPS above 30 FPS everywhere.

I also had to adjust my Nvidia control panel settings and some of the FSX settings.
These changes were long overdue and once I cleaned up MY act the C-130X ran almost perfect.
Almost that is?

It has some problems.  Everytime it loads, I have to reload it (Alt-A-Enter-Enter) to
get some of the instruments and exterior lights to work.  Exterior lights are not very
bright, can barely be seen in daylight.

Sometimes it loads dropping flares and dumping fuel.  Can you say KaBoom?
Sometimes the spot view is all out of whack,  too close to the airplane.

But a simple reloading (Alt-A-Enter-Enter) usually fixes the problem.

Seems to use a lot of fuel.  I flew 352nm and it used 40% of fuel.  I'm not an expert
but that ain't right.  Ran out of fuel and engines shut down twice with 24% fuel remaining.

I'm sure Captain Sim is working on these and other problems as you read this.
Overall, it's a fantastic airplane and well worth the money.  As in FS9, it is my favorite
airplane to fly.  

The Virtual Cockpit and 2d Cockpit are almost identical to the FS9 version.  Clear and crisp,
easy to read gauges.  The VC takes just a fraction of a second to load properly.

The sound is deeper and richer, much more realistic than the FS9 version.
Trust me I know, the USAF threw me on a lot of C-130s and made me go places I didn't always want to go.
I will always remember that sound.

Don't get me wrong this is a great airplane.  I'm sure that I'm a lot easier to please than some of you?
Right now it's flyable and once Captain Sim works out the bugs it will be the centerpiece
aircraft of FSX.  I highly recommend it, bugs and all.

jb (Captain America)

Gateway FX530
Intel QX6700
Nvidia 8800GTX  768Mb
4Gb Ram
Windows XP

IP Logged

Seria17hri11er

Re: Yahoo!  C-130X Running Great!
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Thanks for the NGO driver recommendation!

IP Logged

flynsafe

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Grin C130X is Awesome.  And this is coming from a recently retired Coast Guard C130 pilot.  Can wait for the first expansion to get back into my Coast Guard colors, but I'm having a blast in the mean while.  My system seems to work great with FSX and C130X.  It's a good 4 years old also.  Great Job CS.  I absolutely love it.  Best Christmas present I got this year.  (but lets keep that on the low-down)

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Thank you all for your comments Smiley Happy holidays to all!

IP Logged

Flathead

Pilot:  Reporting a Flock
of Birds on Final, Sir!

Reply #4 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Oh Gosh, I dun went and bot it!  I mean my babies will go hungry and hungrier.  We don't have heat in the hous' but I'll being flyin' my beauty bird, the CS C-130 'till the cows come on home or wherever they go.

FS9: CS> C-130, B707, B727&&FSX: CS> C-130, B707, B727, B757, B767&&Intel i7-930, ASUS P6X58D M/B, ASUS EAH5970/GDDR5 SDRAM, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD5970, OCZ 2000MHZ 12GB DDR3, 2ea.- Western Digital 500GB, Patriot Torqx 128GB SATA II SSD, KINGWIN Mach 1 1220W, SilenX Pro 120 Cooler&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top